1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

MAP development

Discussion in 'Civ4 - World 2009 Mod' started by kbrennan7654, May 13, 2008.

1. kbrennan7654

kbrennan7654 Chieftain

I'm sorry this is really late but i just havent had the time. I will work on the map tonight and hope to get alot done

2. NikNaks

NikNaks Chieftain

Cool, when you've done some work on it, upload it here.

3. RegentBob

RegentBob Chieftain

What size map are you considering, "Huge" or something on par with Genghis Kai's "Giant Earth Map?"

I read the list of planned civs, and it occurs to me that you will need a really big map.

4. SoI

SoI Chieftain

What if the map is made on the Rhye's principale of different tile productivity in different areas? it will help make the Europe competitive without making a very big map which will undoubtfully lead to long turns. It'll also help to avoid hard to manage overgrown states like Russia, US and Canada.

5. ijnavy

ijnavy Czar

I also agree it should be made on Rhye's map because if we make it on Genghis Kai's, the turns will take too long.

6. ijnavy

ijnavy Czar

I can upload rhye's map and take away the marshes.

7. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

That's not really necessary: there's an 18 civ Huge Earthmap by Rhye, which works w/patch 3.17 (no marshes). Also, I've been asked by NikNaks to do a 2008 scenario version and thought of using that map. (It's basically the same as the Amra 18 civs BtS map, which was originally done by Amra for Warlords.)

Any suggestions?:confused:

8. NikNaks

NikNaks Chieftain

Sure, go for it! At the moment, we have some of the civs added and I've gotten rid of all the unnecessary units.

9. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

Yes, well... there are 18 civs in. Could you tell me what civs you need in - or shall I just edit it myself? (You can add me as Map Editor on your team list if you like.) I reckon you'll be using all modern units (of which there are already plenty available and still more being poured out).

Without any further suggestions I'll be posting a 0.1 version when it's done (but I can add in any requests you guys may have).;)

10. NikNaks

NikNaks Chieftain

Try the "Civs Discussion" thread; there's a list there. And yes, tons of modern units, but you can just use generic marines, modern armor etc. for now.

11. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

OK, thx! Will do. More news later.;);)

12. NikNaks

NikNaks Chieftain

Excellent! :D

13. hevehoc

hevehoc Chieftain

so the map is under construction?

14. NikNaks

NikNaks Chieftain

Yes it is. We have two maps underway now, one from JEELEN and another from Munch.

15. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

I've copied this from post #1 in the Civs thread (which, BTW, might be outdated as it hasn't been edited since first posted).

Now there's 35 civs on the list, so for an 18 civ map some have to be lumped together, included in the Independent Nations and/or represent as barbs. (I may be able to extend civs present beyond 18, but can't promise it.) Because of mapsize (Huge) some may also just be to small to be individually represented (Liechtenstein, Monaco, Dom. Rep. + Haïti on 1 isle tile, etc).

Also, what map is Munch working on? (Haven't found any reference to it.):confused:

16. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

I've downloaded Carter's 18/24/36 map (again) to see if it's usable with 3.17. If so the 36 civs map would be best, I reckon.

17. NikNaks

NikNaks Chieftain

I should have mentioned that we already have a DLL, but use that for testing, by all means.

18. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

Where's the DLL?:confused: (I'm sure I need it, as Carter's maps are Cartermod- linked, and I know about map editing, but am a total moron on modding anything. I've got another 34 civ map listed in my Public Maps folder, but can't tell what mod it's linked to - it doesn't show up on the in-game scenario/map list.)

BTW, is the civ list still up to date?

Still don't know about IM (PM not fast enough?); I generally check CFC several times daily, just to keep updated.

19. NikNaks

NikNaks Chieftain

Right, the DLL is stored on the SVN. I can give you a link to that directly.

The list is up to date so much as everything is right except Europe, which is still under discussion, although assume that there will be more civs rather than less (say, UK, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Scandinavia (one civ), Eastern Europe (one civ) and a couple of others to fill the gaps).

IM just seems to be quicker to me. Even this post is 3 minutes after yours, not instant.

20. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

That'd be great. (I found the SVN, but the Tortoise linked me to several downloadable files, not telling what I needed to DL really.)

Alright, where do I get the IM? (You could also just type faster.):mischief: