• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Map: New Earth Map PTW & C3C 362x362. (Latest Map - Jan. 2004)

Is it me or do the Celts start in the wrong position? They start on mainland Europe I thought they were on the same Isle as England. Is there a way for me to edit this?

Why Celts Start Position should be on the same Isle as England ?
They were native from central Europe (South of West Germany)and move to West...
1st Immigration Wave : 1800-1600 BC (Britain islands)
2d Immigration Wave : 1200-800 BC (Gaul, Spain)

V+

how do you fine tune the coast/land tiles of this map?

I notice the coast/land interface do not usually meet at the edge of the tile. How did you make that? I want to modify the coast line to reflect more closely to real geography, how do i do that?

many of the places the coastlines looks a little off even though up from afar the map looks INCREDIBLE! I know this has to do with projection. I wish there's a utility out there that allows editing pixel by pixle.

El Meceny, how did you go about laying down the base for your map? If youve checked out my 220x220 East Asia map, i designed it by just eyeing everything. I started out by laying down a boarder of grassland tiles, by the looks of your animated preview, it looks like you did the same. :)

Originally posted by immortals84
El Meceny, how did you go about laying down the base for your map? If youve checked out my 220x220 East Asia map, i designed it by just eyeing everything. I started out by laying down a boarder of grassland tiles, by the looks of your animated preview, it looks like you did the same. :)

Thus it is more or less.

----------
Celts.
I have limited myself to put Entremont in a site approximated to the real one.
Here there is a pretty page on the opiddum of Entremont. Aix-de-Provence, France.

http://www.culture.gouv.fr/culture/arcnat/entremont/en/index2.html

Attachments

• carte12.gif
    carte12.gif
    60 KB · Views: 1,049
WOW, are those your maps?:eek: They are great, i want to find one this detailed that includes persia to italy. I already made a map out of your 362x325 that discludes the americas for a more hectic Eastern world game, it was just something i wanted to try out, and i must say it is fun. :goodjob:

This map looks great, I'm just curious from those that have played, are the corruption and research settings working well?

I noticed he has the optimal cities set to 60, but I think this might be a mistake. Since there are 31 civs, and only 512 cities to go around, the average civ will only end up with 16.5 cities. To get past the optimal city number you'd have to control, almost 12% of the cities in the world, while you are just 3% of the civs, if you know what I mean. It'd be tough to reach it, I'd think this should kick in a lot sooner on this type of map.

Is there something else that counteracts this?

Again, it looks like a great map, I'm just curious as to how it scales on corruption and research (does the tech race go to slow or fast, based on years?).

Well I've been playing this map for a couple of days and it rocks. Tech and corruption are cool and we all hit middle ages about the right time, and the resources arnt mental like on some huge maps. Oh I changed it to have all 31 tribes (starting the Turks by the Aral sea). Turns can crawl a bit (like TETurkhans) but that just makes it seem like a game of chess. And I can make a cup of tea between turns.
The map, and a game played on it with 31 tribes is brilliant. The only downside (if you even consider this a downside) is the time between turns.

Personaly I love it.

Definitely a map for those who like long drawn out fights, concentrating on strategy. Nice work El Mencey!

I want to get big map(362X362) of the world for conquests. Please, who can give me some links.
Sorry I now English not good. In Russia playing and loving civ 3 too.

Nación_Íbera said:
un saludo a todos

hello everybody

soy nuevo aqui y me gustaria saber que tengo que hacer para poder jugar con la civilizacion española. es una vergüenza que el civi ncluya ciertos pueblos (como el estadounidense o el azteca) y nos ignore a nosotros.
gracias de antemano

and remenber, WE discovered your country.

un saludo y VIVA ESPAÑA!

Actually, Leif Ericsson discovered our country.

Has anyone placed 512 cities on this map in their accurate spots?

Celts.
I have limited myself to put Entremont in a site approximated to the real one.
Here there is a pretty page on the opiddum of Entremont. Aix-de-Provence, France.

http://www.culture.gouv.fr/culture/arcnat/entremont/en/index2.html[/QUOTE]

I have visited the oppidum of Entremont and I live in Provence.
I don't think that Entremont is a good example of Celtic city because the indigenous were in contact of Greek since a long time and were influenced by this culture.
As you can read in the Entremont internet site, those indigenous were called Celto-Ligurian and not Celts.

Mackel-Loos said:
I have visited the oppidum of Entremont and I live in Provence.
I don't think that Entremont is a good example of Celtic city because the indigenous were in contact of Greek since a long time and were influenced by this culture.
As you can read in the Entremont internet site, those indigenous were called Celto-Ligurian and not Celts.

Then we will have to look for another capital for celtas in civ4 ;)

BTW. In Spain also there was celts. Celtiberos.

Top Bottom