Map Resources Ideas and Discussion

Also it would be good to alter the Art Define for Vanilla as mentions above, to for example point to sugar.nif and kfm. Otherwise, if the vanilla files have been found, can someone who knows how to edit those types of files look at them? (I can't find them separately, but would they get packed in an fpk?)

Here is the sugar model, kmfs and skin.
If you want change the skin of this resource just tell. Its not bigg for me.

Attachments

• sugar.zip
    152 KB · Views: 35
The problem is that there is something wrong with the vanilla one but only when displayed in the pedia. If you could look at it and see if you can fix it that would be great.

Strange, he looks ok for me:

Attachments

• sugar.jpg
    sugar.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 101
  • sugar2.jpg
    sugar2.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 85
But there is nothing wrong with the XML that we can find so it must be something in th nif or kfm files.

Ok I fixed, checked and now its working. Plus change this Vanilla code in CIV4ArtDefines_Bonus.xml:

Code:
		<BonusArtInfo>
			<Type>ART_DEF_BONUS_VANILLA</Type>
			<fScale>1.0</fScale>
			<fInterfaceScale>1.0</fInterfaceScale>
			<NIF>Art/Terrain/Resources/vanilla/wine.nif</NIF>
			<KFM>Art/Terrain/Resources/vanilla/wine.kfm</KFM>
			<Button>Art/Interface/Buttons/WorldBuilder/vanilla.dds</Button>
			<FontButtonIndex>140</FontButtonIndex>
		</BonusArtInfo>

Attachments

• vanilla.zip
    91.7 KB · Views: 35
Ok I fixed, checked and now its working. Plus change this Vanilla code in CIV4ArtDefines_Bonus.xml:

Code:
		<BonusArtInfo>
			<Type>ART_DEF_BONUS_VANILLA</Type>
			<fScale>1.0</fScale>
			<fInterfaceScale>1.0</fInterfaceScale>
			<NIF>Art/Terrain/Resources/vanilla/wine.nif</NIF>
			<KFM>Art/Terrain/Resources/vanilla/wine.kfm</KFM>
			<Button>Art/Interface/Buttons/WorldBuilder/vanilla.dds</Button>
			<FontButtonIndex>140</FontButtonIndex>
		</BonusArtInfo>

What did you fix though, vanilla.nif / kfm? If those were fixed you would not need to alter the artstyles. We know that swapping the nif and kfm artstyle entries to point to something else fixes it for the pedia. That was why sugar was talked about before, because I had done that very thing, (substituting sugar.nif / kfm instead of wine like you did) when trying to narrow down what was wrong.

I taked wine model (KMFs and NIFs) and changed his texture (DDS file) to vanilla look.
XML redirect to new model and animation files.

Request for Chili Pepper bonus graphics (use Squash, but retexure to make the 'squash' red)

Request for Nutmeg bonus graphics (dunno what you should use, whatever looks good)

Future intention is to eliminate ancient temple and geothermal energy resource and replace with the above, once a temple improvement/feature and hot springs feature is made.

(Geothermal factory improvement can be repurposed to a off-planet type improvement)

I have been wondering why it is that drugs are visible and usable long before Drug Trade but Spices are not visible before Spice Trade. Now that we have the Cuisine shouldn't this be when they become visible and usable?

edit Both spices and tea are able to be traded before they can be seen. The same is true of Lead Ore.

Fine clay ressource is far too rare
In reality, it must be more common than others mineral. Look like it's actually the less common...

Common clay is very common. So much so that it does not appear on the map at all. Fine Clay is only needed for some wonders as far as I remember.

A big problem in Prehistoric era is Flint Ressource.
In C2C, Flint req Ibsidian AND Stone in City Vivinity. In many game, no civ wasn't able to have flint. In reality, Flint is far more abundant than obsidian.
I think we rally need flint as a map ressource and replace many Stone Ressource requierement for some building and units with Flint Ressource.

I agree that Flint should be more prevalent but I don't think that replacing the stone resource is the way to go. Perhaps the Stone Gatherer or Stone Tools Workshop buildings should provide Flint instead. Or may be another building that just requires a stone tools workshop improvement in the city vicinity.

Well, considering that flint is a form of quarts and quarts is as common as ants, yes, I agree that a building with no defining limitations could be used to give Flint. The Stone Tools Workshop, where the Flint can be knapped, would be perfect for this.
(I don't really see the workshop as an actual hut but as a master stone knapper's tools bundled up in a leather bundle and carried along to where he works)
I also think Stone resource should not be on the map but only require, well, any type of land though Hills might be most appropriate really. The Stone resource on the map could be a Fine or Premium Stone resource, just like there's Clay and Fine Clay.
Mainly because Stone Is Everywhere.

Cheers

Top Bottom