[Map Script] Earth2

sooooo... does it work with BtS? Back in Warlards I found a bug; When I found my first city, it says I get +1248437 gold per turn. I end my turn and my research rate drops from 100% to 90% and I loose money from my treasury!!!

Could I have a screenshot from northern Europe (Finland, Sweden, Norway...) And does this work on regular CIV4 without any expansions?

Could I have a screenshot from northern Europe (Finland, Sweden, Norway...) And does this work on regular CIV4 without any expansions?

Here's a sample shot of Europe, North Africa and Western Asia on a Standard-sized map. Remember that it will be randomized every time, so it won't necessarily look exactly like this.

Attachments

• Europe.jpg
    Europe.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 576
Hey GRM7584,
Would it be OK if we included this map script in a future BTS patch?

Note: Starting locations are linked to the Old World, but are NOT culturally linked in any way. Incas can start in Norway, if the map puts them there. If I figure out how to code properly in Python, I may implement a cultural linkage option during map selection. Don't count on it any time soon, unless someone else provides me the code.

Perhaps some of the code from this script would help?

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=251580

I've been using this with CivGold, and it's my favourite map script. Everytime I start in Europe, I always end up the dominant power in the world before the Classical Age has even started for everyone.

line 75 & 76 :
if (pPlot.getArea() != map.findBiggestArea(False).getID()):
return False
just write : # in front of the line, that be used as comment

# if (pPlot.getArea() != map.findBiggestArea(False).getID()):
# return False

I was interested to try this and got the following result. I can safely say you now no longer have to spawn on the biggest land area!

In all seriousness, 8 of the 15 civs started on land masses with 4 or less tiles. 5 of these were 1 tile islands!

Is there a way to specify a minimum size for a start position? Why else have egypt and aztec spawned in such a ridiculous place (see second screenshot)?

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0054.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0054.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 459
  • Civ4ScreenShot0055.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0055.JPG
    121.6 KB · Views: 524
I was interested to try this and got the following result. I can safely say you now no longer have to spawn on the biggest land area!

In all seriousness, 8 of the 15 civs started on land masses with 4 or less tiles. 5 of these were 1 tile islands!

Is there a way to specify a minimum size for a start position? Why else have egypt and aztec spawned in such a ridiculous place (see second screenshot)?

i wish i knew this answer also but this place seems dead now

Top Bottom