Map scripts

XxtraLarGe

Warlord
I've created a modified world map, and i wanted to add some scripting to it. One thing I want to do is crank down the religion spread rate. Ideally, I'd like for religion to be spread only by missionaries. It's extremely annoying when a civ half way around the globe that you've had no contact with has a city adapt your religion. It's advantageous for you, but just not realistic. Also, I was thinking that I'd like to add a few things like timed events. For instance, if The Pyramids haven't been built by a certain year, they would be built in an Egyptian city in 2560 B.C.

Moderator Action: Moved to the main forum.
Because the map scripts subforum is only for map scripts, not for questions ;).

Ontopic: Spreading value of religions can be changed in Assets\XML\GameInfo\ReligionInfo.xml, via iSpreadFactor. But it will require a mod (NEVER change the original files).

Moderator Action: Moved to the main forum.
Because the map scripts subforum is only for map scripts, not for questions ;).

Ontopic: Spreading value of religions can be changed in Assets\XML\GameInfo\ReligionInfo.xml, via iSpreadFactor. But it will require a mod (NEVER change the original files).

Would timed events for a city be a part of a map script? The reason I ask is because in World Builder, if you add a city you have the option of adding a script. I've not been able to find where this is explained anywhere.

Would timed events for a city be a part of a map script? The reason I ask is because in World Builder, if you add a city you have the option of adding a script. I've not been able to find where this is explained anywhere.
I think that only sets the ScriptData property of the city to a value and that is pointless in nearly all cases as the only real usage of that is Python code storing information in there and that usually in pickled form which you don't want to add manually.

Top Bottom