Map Size

serpentx777

Chieftain
I want to know what people think about an increased map size, is it possible with this expansion, or would some people like a bigger map or not.

no i think it makes the game run too slowly! I have a very fast computer and turns are still quite slow- this would make them even slower! I want a world map with a size of 150x150?

I can't believe the people I see on the forums asking for bigger maps! Do you honestly have such a superior system that you don't notice serious slowdowns in the later ages? Or do you just not mind that, and put up with it because you want bigger maps? :crazyeye:

I'm perfectly happy playing Standard Maps, with an occasional Large or Small thrown in for some variety. :D

Yes it does take a while for turns in the game I totally agree, I was just curious to what people thoughts on it were.

I thinks it's a bad idea and would make the game painfully slow. Bigger maps don't always add greater detail and i find i lose my focus when playing with 40 plus cities. 150x150 would be ideal!

i would like bigger maps, and being able to play with ALL civs. i don't mind waiting, i have a notebook so i can play while watching TV.

Well, surely there's no harm to anyone in providing the possibility of mega-huge maps?

I personally think that Huge is about as huge I want in a normal game, but the scenario fanatics are happily going to use however gargantuan maps they're able to.

I hate all this waiting for the expansion, I cannot build my perfect scenario, Patience.

i have simcity 4 when i brougth it, it was slow but with is first patch(or was it 2nd?) the game become a lot smoother, maybe fairaxis should ask them: hey, what did you do?

150x150 is much smaller than PTW can handle today (assuming you've got the system for it). You could build a scenario 362x362 today. I wouldn't be willing to wait between turns on my system though.

Who would be willing. I'm as patient as the next man-maybe more but who would bother waiting for it to end each turn. 256x256 is slow and you have loads of units to direct so 362x362 would be a bloomin nightmare. I don't see it catching on. BTW Warpstorm- i like your graphics. In PTW they're boring- do you know if they'll be much better/different in conquests cos i can't find anywhere which gives info on Conquests!

Originally posted by Ian Beale
I thinks it's a bad idea and would make the game painfully slow. Bigger maps don't always add greater detail and i find i lose my focus when playing with 40 plus cities. 150x150 would be ideal!

I think he's just asking for the option. You yourself don't have to select a bigger map if you don't want to. I think it should be allowed, the bigger the better. I don't mind the long wait, because the bigger it is, the more realistic (at least in terms of a world map).

Have you actually tried a 362x362 map? A couple of turns a day is about right.

Originally posted by Benderino

I think he's just asking for the option. You yourself don't have to select a bigger map if you don't want to. I think it should be allowed, the bigger the better. I don't mind the long wait, because the bigger it is, the more realistic (at least in terms of a world map).

Bigger the better- size isn't everything! No i disagree i can't play on a huge map it is far too time consuming. How long are you prepared to wait for then? I don't mind a few minutes but anything other than that is ridiculous. World Maps don't have to be 362x362. I like the 180x180 on PTW. If you notice you run out of city names- how realistic is that?

Originally posted by Ian Beale

Bigger the better- size isn't everything! No i disagree i can't play on a huge map it is far too time consuming. How long are you prepared to wait for then? I don't mind a few minutes but anything other than that is ridiculous. World Maps don't have to be 362x362. I like the 180x180 on PTW. If you notice you run out of city names- how realistic is that?

So don't, no one's forcing you. The debate is whether to make it an option or not. I think that those who want it should have the option to play it. And those that don't will not have to.

i have all ways played 362x362 maps and it is just too small i look foward to 1000x1000 maps to give tiny little itsy bitsy nations like japan and england a chance.

Wow I didn't know that this subject was so sensitive to some people, like Benderino said this is just a debate about whether or not to include bigger map sizes.

1000x1000 how slow is that? I couldn't imagine playing on a map that size. Just give japan and england extra resources to make them more competitive or increase their size on the world map?

Top Bottom