1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Map Sizes

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Creation & Customization' started by Craig_Sutter, Oct 20, 2016.

1. gstommylee

gstommylee Warlord

Well hopefully you guys can get around that. It would be nice to see a large enough map for all civs battle royal

2. civcrashed

civcrashed Chieftain

Copy of which file? I think anything needs to be packaged with a modinfo to be recognized. At the point where I had to set it up as a mod it was easier to just use the one CrancK shared.

If the dll goes to the exe for memory and the exe is crashing, do you think it's crashing when the exe tries to grab more memory for the dll?

General:

Any good way to find out what it's doing when this crash occurs without the dll code to translate the stack addresses? Just from the timing it appears to be in map generation. I wonder if a pre-built map could be larger and avoid this issue.

3. gstommylee

gstommylee Warlord

Thanks

4. Grandpa Troll

Grandpa Troll Ronin

Gedemon, I love Civilization and am a hack modder, simply for single player and my enjoyment.

Do you know when we will have a world builder type editor released?

I believe somewhere I saw it would appear in Steam but cannot find where I saw that at?

Thanks for feedback!

Gramps

5. gstommylee

gstommylee Warlord

looks like my outdated GPU makes it difficult load larger size maps sometimes. I been watching the memory usage and sometimes it just hangs.

6. civcrashed

civcrashed Chieftain

That's weird. Memory usage was pretty trivial for me even on 230x116. Do you have the graphics sliders all the way down?

7. gstommylee

gstommylee Warlord

No i have it up. I think when it comes to 230x116, I wasn't patient enough. It did eventually load it. It just took its time. I'll have to mess around with the graphics. I have a 5800 series 1gb card hence its dated.

I know if memory usage over 1gb then its going to load.

8. Soduka

Soduka Warlord

I hope someone figures out what the deal with barbarians is. I hate to turn them off but the turn speeds are dramatically faster without them.

9. gstommylee

gstommylee Warlord

I agree with you there. It takes longer on a 230 x 116 map between turns.

10. gstommylee

gstommylee Warlord

It occurred to me by making the map bigger your likely to run into a problem where it takes 40 turns or more just to reach the other land mass with random generated maps.

11. civcrashed

civcrashed Chieftain

Sure, but what's the issue here?

12. gstommylee

gstommylee Warlord

Nothing really just something i realized.

13. Orow21

Orow21 Chieftain

Has anyone had an issue with AI players not showing up once the map is generated? I made the huge map larger 220-100 and have 20 civs, and sometimes only 15 of the 20 I add show up.

14. Mynex

Mynex Warlord

I large maps I cannot lie, you other players can't deny, when a ginormous maps spawns all the civs, you get sprung!

Sorry, I know, I know, don't quit my day job. That said... I made this a bit ago...

http://www.nexusmods.com/civilisationvi/mods/12/?

My GPU is my bottleneck, so if you have a better GPU, then you should be just fine.

When you mod for larger map sizes you have to also put in the config info on how many min/max/starting civs and whatnot... Take a look at the files and you'll see.