Mapfinder showing fog of war from last regen

Bindamel

Call me Bindy - mel
I've been noticing a strange effect when I run mapfinder (V 1.7.1, build 2909). Just following the regeneration, the old revealed tiles change to their new tiles, but are still visible as they slowly fade out of view. It eventually fades out completely, but in cases where the two starting areas are close together, the screenshot is taken before the fade is finished:

That area that looks like it's in fog of war to the west was the starting area of my previous regen (although with completely different terrain). I have yet to see a case where I've seen another civ, so I'm not sure if that could happen, but I definitely get extra information about my surroundings sometimes.

Yes, I've noticed this effect too. It could be very useful map information! I rarely look at the screen when regenerating maps though.

Yes, I've noticed this effect too. It could be very useful map information! I rarely look at the screen when regenerating maps though.

i also have seen this effect, however i have never seen resources in the fog. For reference, i have a C2duo, 8800GT and 3 gigs ram. I get it with manual regens, since i have not used mapfinder yet.

The fade in/out is new to BtS though is it not?

The programmers just forgot to disable it when you regenerate a map I guess.

the Fade is new to BtS. You also see it when you return from the World Builder ... errr ... not that I ever use world builder :D.

Well the fade in/out of individual tiles fog of war is new.

I haven't used mapfinder before though.

I notice when you regenerate a map in all versions you stay centred where your initial settler was (normally in the unrevealed terrain) which is a bit of a hint as to where you are located in maps like inland sea, great plains anyway.

Programmers eh? Tsk tsk.

I have seen teh fade out, but as far as I can tell, the actual tiles underneath are indeed different.

Top Bottom