[NFP] Mapping Civilization VI: New Frontier Pass

bite

Unofficial Civilization Cartographer
Super Moderator
I have enjoyed stretching those cartography muscles (50% Google-fu, 25% Liberal Arts degree, 20% being a scout & 5% sheer dumb luck) in the past. So with a new addition to Civilization VI the New Frontier Pass, it was time to jump back in.

I'll be doing a map for each of the packs:

Pack 1 - Gran Colombia and The Maya
Pack 2 - Ethiopia
Pack 3 - Gaul and Byzantium
Pack 4 - Babylon
Pack 5 -
Pack 6 -

Last edited:
I was pleasantly surprised to see Dzibilchaltun on the Maya city list (since I have visited there), but slightly disappointed to not see Tulum on the list (which I have also visited). I wonder how hard it would be for a programming noob like myself to edit the city list file :think:

I have been wondering what to do with all this information I collect while putting these maps together and I thought I would collate it all into something that might be useful for you all.

Civilization VI Cartographic Educational Database

Thanks for all the detailed reports and city lists. But I just played a game where Mapuche showed up, and their city list has changed. The "Mapu" has been removed from all city names. It is now just Puel, Pikin, Pewin, etc. And there was one city I had never seen before: from memory I think it was Xoz Xoz, or something like that. You need to check the new Mapuche city list.

Thanks for all the detailed reports and city lists. But I just played a game where Mapuche showed up, and their city list has changed. The "Mapu" has been removed from all city names. It is now just Puel, Pikin, Pewin, etc. And there was one city I had never seen before: from memory I think it was Xoz Xoz, or something like that. You need to check the new Mapuche city list.

I think you might be playing with a mod, but I went back in and checked the code and they all still had the "Mapu", however, to be sure I just did a trail run and they seem to still be in the game.

Spoiler :

upload_2020-6-20_11-5-56.png

Nice! More maps.

I spent a good two minutes wondering where Huey Teocalli was. Started to read through the text to find out why Teocalli had been omitted.

So today I learned I'm either blind or a moron. :crazyeye:

Yes, I did like giving the Aztecs a little refreash

Whops wrong thread before, the Ethiopia update to the map is now live

beginning what might be the most difficult addition to the map so far

Spoiler :

@bite

The full world map (both the JPEG and the PNG versions) is missing the boundary between Sudan and South Sudan (it's the newest country in the world).

Not just that, but many of the modern boundaries can be quite off as well.

Otherwise, you have done an amazing job.

@bite

The full world map (both the JPEG and the PNG versions) is missing the boundary between Sudan and South Sudan (it's the newest country in the world).

Not just that, but many of the modern boundaries can be quite off as well.

Otherwise, you have done an amazing job.

Ah that is because they should not be there (they are an old assist tool that should have been turned off before release but I missed it) thanks for letting me know I'll go fix it.

The Prut River, which runs along the modern Romania–Moldova border, was also added as a Byzantine river, by the way. ;)

Ah. I see you decided to confine Gaul to just the Ebarones because Belgium is relatively unoccupied.
It's also nice that now the Balkans, more specifically Bulgaria, is more filled out now thanks to Byzantium. :mischief:

The Prut River, which runs along the modern Romania–Moldova border, was also added as a Byzantine river, by the way. ;)

I went through and triple checked that I didn't miss any city (you have to move it to the code to a mode you can use) and it is the 5 geographical features that I miss ... sigh ... I have updated it so Prut has been added and the odd borders should be gone from the big maps

Ah. I see you decided to confine Gaul to just the Ebarones because Belgium is relatively unoccupied.

It was an awkward placement where ever it went, but that was the least awkward spot

It's also nice that now the Balkans, more specifically Bulgaria, is more filled out now thanks to Byzantium. :mischief:

Would be a shame to see Byzantium disappear from that map... :satan:

Top Bottom