[NFP] Mapping Civilization VI: New Frontier Pass

Sorry I have been having some issues with the map (my computer is struggling to handle it, it is so big) I'm going to give it another try on Monday

Portuguese geographical features (new ones are bolded):

Rivers: Minho, Mondego, Zêzere, Douro, Guadiana, Tagus
Volcanoes: Água de Pau Massif, Capelinhos Volcano, Furnas Volcano, Mount Pico, Sete Cidades Massif
Mountains: Serra da Estrela, Serra de Monchique, Montes de Toledo
Deserts: Barreiro da Faneca
Lakes: Lagoa do Fogo, Lagoa das Sete Cidades, Lagoa das Furnas, Lagoa de Santiago, Lagoas de Bertiandos, Pateira de Fermentelos, Lagoa da Vela
Bodies of Water: Setúbal Bay, Bay of Angra, Bay of Refugo, Funchal Bay, Gulf of Cádiz

@bite

Please let us know if you are adding Vietnam and Portugal and the new wonders to the map.

Unfortunately I have tried [and leaving it unfinished kills me] but until I can upgrade my computer the NFP will remain unfinished unfortunately

Unfortunately I have tried [and leaving it unfinished kills me] but until I can upgrade my computer the NFP will remain unfinished unfortunately
Fortunately (or unfortunately), Vietnam and Portugal are the last two civs you have to work on (plus two wonders).

It would be great if you opened up your own Patreon account because I know that there are many willing to donate to you.

Fortunately (or unfortunately), Vietnam and Portugal are the last two civs you have to work on (plus two wonders).

It would be great if you opened up your own Patreon account because I know that there are many willing to donate to you.

Thank you but I don't think I have that kind of reach.

Also I might be doing something else

So I am working on the above project to celebrate the 30th anniversary and I have tried my Google-fu and failed, so I am going to put it out there if anyone knows where to find:

Missing:
Mida - Spain

Found:
Darmasa - Persia (Zaarin)
Point of Rocks - Souix (Alexander's Hetaroi)
Kuchundeka - Shoshone (SeelingCat)
Deheyaeka - Shoshone (SeelingCat)
Lazapa - Maya (SeelingCat)
Chiauhita - Aztec (SeelingCat)
Itzapam - Aztec (SeelingCat)
Tepezinco - Aztec (SeelingCat)
Curovernum - Celts (SeelingCat)
Monguntiacum - Celts (SeelingCat)
Rowane - Vikings (SeelingCat)
Sya - Mali (SeelingCat)
Abrontum - Carthage (SeelingCat)
Izata - Persia (SeelingCat)
Patigrbana - Persia (SeelingCat)
Ibabanago - Zulu (SeelingCat)

Last edited:
Darmasa - Persia
This looks suspiciously like a form of the name of Damascus, derived from a Classical Semitic source rather than Arabic (cf. Aramaic Darmsûq and Qumran Hebrew Darmeśeq).

So I am working on the above project to celebrate the 30th anniversary and I have tried my Google-fu and failed, so I am going to put it out there if anyone knows where to find:

Kuchendeka - Eastern Shoshone Band (Kuc****ikka)
Deheyaeka - Deheya’a-deka? Deer-Eater band of Shoshone, but maybe this band of the Dühütayohikadü, a band of Northern Paiute
Lazapa -> Maybe Izapa?
Chiauhita -> Maybe Chiautla?
Iztapam -> Iztapa?
Tepezinco - Tepatzinco? Tepetzingo?
Curovernum -> Durovernum? (Canterbury)
Monguntiacum -> Moguntiacum/Mogontiacum (Mainz)
Rowane -> Guessing this one is Rouen in Normandy
Sya -> Sia?
Abrontum -> Abrotonum (Sabratha/Tripoli)?
Izata - Maybe Mount Izala? (now Mount Izla)
Ibabanago -> Babanango (IBabanango in Zulu)

Patigrbana seems very familiar to me for some reason, but I'm not placing it at the moment unfortunately (JK, it's probably Patigrabana)

Last edited:
A big thank you to everyone for your quick help, I think there is just the Spanish city (and me adding all of Polynesia) left to do.

My guess is that somehow maybe someone misread Lleida/Lérida as Mida potentially? It's a fairly large city but isn't on the list. Might be worth checking to see if it's localized the same in other languages' text files potentially?

Missing:
Mida - Spain
This might be a wild guess but there is a town called El Mida in Tunisia. Did they happen to found a city in Tunisia?

For a very brief time Spain did control the coast of Tunisia. Or it could refer to this more famous port city that they took named Mahdia, named after Al-Mahdi Billah founder of the Fatimid Caliphat, which was taken back quickly by the Ottomans. Could just be a Spanish translation of the name? :dunno:

Is Mida possibly a clipping of Mérida? It would make sense to represent Extremadura.

Is Mida possibly a clipping of Mérida? It would make sense to represent Extremadura.

I had this thought as well, but I believe Mérida was also on the list.

This might be a wild guess but there is a town called El Mida in Tunisia. Did they happen to found a city in Tunisia?

For a very brief time Spain did control the coast of Tunisia. Or it could refer to this more famous port city that they took named Mahdia, named after Al-Mahdi Billah founder of the Fatimid Caliphat, which was taken back quickly by the Ottomans. Could just be a Spanish translation of the name? :dunno:

There were Spanish holdings in Tunisia in the 16th century during the reign of Charles V, but I've never heard anything about this town specifically...

Mahdia's current Spanish name appears to be Mahdía - I see a couple other names mentioned on the Spanish wiki page but nothing like Medi.

There were Spanish holdings in Tunisia in the 16th century during the reign of Charles V, but I've never heard anything about this town specifically...

Mahdia's current Spanish name appears to be Mahdía - I see a couple other names mentioned on the Spanish wiki page but nothing like Medi.
The town is still called El Mida in the Spanish Wiki, same as it's English. In Arabic it's known as Al Middah.

Not sure where else to look except possibly colonial locations considering Mida doesn't seem to exist at all in the current country of Spain. :think:

They added basically all the other capitals in Civ 4, and then add Mérida for BTS later. The list seems to have been copied for 5 and then updated for 6. I don't know how thoroughly they are checking their sources but considering that there are no cities outside of the contemporary Spanish borders on either of those lists and it is very unlikely that of all the places Spain has an elusive city, I would bet they saw M...ida somewhere and went with it. I would check the Spanish translation for the city list if I knew how - I think I remember they properly accented the city names when I last played.

Last edited:
Top Bottom