Resource icon

MapTweaker Utility (beta) - Copy/Paste/Resize Bix Files! 2016-10-05

Youve been praised so much but you cant be prasied enough!

Request(probably a faux pax to put it here): global terrain substitution function. For instance, if you wanted an ice age map you would use such a function to (1) replace all Coast with Marsh and (2) replace all Grassland with Tundra and (3) replace all Jungle with Forest.

I want this so I can replace all Ocean/Sea/and Coast tiles with a land terrain modified to look like water, for Future underwater living/floating cities/sea reclamation/global warming effects. Without having to simply paint it in on a world map. Though that would probably be easier than making a tool.

I'm sure there are other possible uses for such a tool, though.

Dr Alimentado has stopped visiting CFC, and won't continue this application.

I am his brother and am currently in the process of getting the source code for this app from him, and will continue it. At CDZ we use this app all the time and lots of people want modifications, so I think it is worth it.

Tholish, your idea will get added to the list, and providing I get time to look at this app at all I will implement the suggestion. :)

MapTweaker is a very useful utility and it will very good if you continue your brother's work!
Good luck! :)

I have a problem in your programm
1. I resized map
2.Saved it
3.When I try to open it in Civ3edit was error

What I can do with this problem

Nazbol said:
I have a problem in your programm
1. I resized map
2.Saved it
3.When I try to open it in Civ3edit was error

What I can do with this problem
Dr Alimentado told about bug with starting locations, possible you have the same problem. Try to resize map after removing all starting locations.

I just found a strange bug...
I increased the size of a map (10 tiles or so) and copy pasted soome parts. Everything looked fine,; I've been editing the scenario with the map for a couple months now, and tonight I just tried playing it without debug mode on. Guess what?
Some (most) of the area I added is not covered in black, as if it had already been explored. It starts the game already revealed, although stil covered in fog of war. Which parts of the map are covered and which are visible seems almost random. No land tiles are visible, it is mostly, but not only, ocean tiles. And this is just in the added section of the map.
So, no idea the cause of this, other than the use of the increase size tool. If you use it, make sure to test the map out without debug mode on.
I'm sure theres a way to fix it, if anyone else has had this problem before please tell.
Here is the rarely used groucho head

Hey Bungus, I had the same problem. I did some tests and found the cause of the problem. If you use the resize map tool, the tiles it adds are ocean. But these are nooooo ordinary ocean tiles... they twist and darken a man's soul... and devour alive any ships that happen across her treacherous waters...
Less notably, they also show up in game as if they were already explored. The same is true with any type of terrain you add in the maptweaker. You have to copy and paste terrain from the unaltered section of your map, and then paste it over the added portion. You can then alter it later as normal in Civ3Edit.
Hope this helps you,
Bungus

I just tried to download this, but the link didn't work. I got an error saying 'The link could not be saved. The web page might have been removed or had its name changed.'
It's a pity, though, because this utility sounded very useful. Is there any possibility to get it?

i got a bit of a prob... i keep getting "bicx tag not present at start of file". i keep getting this stupid error. one time it actually worked though. then when i tried to load the same exact file again it gave some sh*t.

great program, but if you have cities pre-placed on a map and want to manipulate it (even nudging it), then all the cities' locations get scrambled, and replicate cities appear all throughout the map ruining it entirely...

another thing that sucks bout this prog is when you use different terrain (for default) and you add some terrain in the maptweaker. the added terrain appears different in the editor for some reason. this prog also doesnt work too well with tweaking borders either

Top Bottom