MapView 2.0 - Civilization 4 Editor

I don't understand the question, are you unsure of how to move around? Nothing in particular happens when you click that button

you have to hold space + left mouse to slide the screen, or space + right mouse to zoom (or, alternatively, mouse wheel)

hope I answered your question!

@veBear idk but I've never had trouble copying stuff, and I've done this on three operating systems so far... sounds like a computer issue

Yeah that solves the issue. Another question though, do I actually have top type code stuff or can I just use the buttons? (tried to change a peak to hill, no visible effect, also how do i delete stuff?, eraser does not seem to work)

just use buttons- to draw anything (including plot types... hill, peak, etc.) you first click on the pen button, then on what exactly you want to draw (ie hill, cow, tundra, jungle, swordsman, farm, etcetc)

to erase, you hit the eraser button, then click on one of the buttons of the type of thing you want to erase. Ie to erase bonuses, you would click eraser, then on any bonus (ie click on aluminum), then you can erase any bonus

this is used to carefully delete bonuses, features, improvements, units

you can also go to plugins, Remover 1.0.0 to remove a lot of stuff at the same time. You can also mass-erase to a specific area by selecting the area first with the selection tool

hope this helps :)

Hey, sorry I've been away for so long; I will get buttons/art if needed soon

I am on Windows 7, and whenever I try to load a mod in Mapview 2.09, it doesn't really do anything, or it stops. Then, when I click near the top of the screen, it will say not responding and I have to exit out. EDIT: it does this for all mods I have tried

Any ideas? Windows 7 should be no different than Vista so I'm guessing that's not the problem (well, haven't had any trouble with anything else, ever)

Thanks!

still a problem for me

still a problem for me

I'm sorry, i don't work on that version anymore. You sadly have to live with that. ;(

But i have another version in the working which is based on QT etc.
I don't know what will happen to mapview atm but the release of civ5 will probably give me another push.

Hi, I love this tool and i would like to make a Europe map for the mod "total realism". But for some reason it will not let me load the content.

I does work for other big mods like fall from heaven II but not this one.
It always gives me a appcrash with the folowing details.

Spoiler :

Probleemhandtekening:

Gebeurtenisnaam van probleem: APPCRASH
Naam van de toepassing: MapView.exe
Versie van toepassing: 2.0.8.1
Tijdstempel van toepassing: 4a2d07b9
Naam van foutmodule: MSVCR80.dll
Versie van foutmodule: 8.0.50727.4053
Tijdstempel van foutmodule: 4a594c79
Uitzonderingscode: c0000005
Uitzonderingsmarge: 00014500
Versie van besturingssysteem: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.256.1
Landinstelling-id: 1043
Aanvullende informatie 1: c892
Aanvullende informatie 2: f39ba2fd416fabcaea5cad9c07cf335e
Aanvullende informatie 3: fdc1
Aanvullende informatie 4: 88158285621ef18e4345d3b670408472
I'm not sure how to translate all of that.

This is where i got the mod from.
Thanks Lios

Posted this on the download page, too, but figured more people would see it here:

I was hoping this would be able to edit a save file, but it does not appear to be able to do that? Saving my game as a scenario file and editing it that way broke a bunch of things because I'm playing the Fall From heaven 2 mod and the in-game worldbuilder has no clue how to properly export it, which is a shame because I really like the position the world is in and think it would be fun to reload it as a bunch of different civs, but it needs some tweaks to work properly IMO.

Any advice?

Sorry for not answering recently.

Hi, I love this tool and i would like to make a Europe map for the mod "total realism". But for some reason it will not let me load the content.

I does work for other big mods like fall from heaven II but not this one.
It always gives me a appcrash with the folowing details.

Spoiler :

Probleemhandtekening:

Gebeurtenisnaam van probleem: APPCRASH
Naam van de toepassing: MapView.exe
Versie van toepassing: 2.0.8.1
Tijdstempel van toepassing: 4a2d07b9
Naam van foutmodule: MSVCR80.dll
Versie van foutmodule: 8.0.50727.4053
Tijdstempel van foutmodule: 4a594c79
Uitzonderingscode: c0000005
Uitzonderingsmarge: 00014500
Versie van besturingssysteem: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.256.1
Landinstelling-id: 1043
Aanvullende informatie 1: c892
Aanvullende informatie 2: f39ba2fd416fabcaea5cad9c07cf335e
Aanvullende informatie 3: fdc1
Aanvullende informatie 4: 88158285621ef18e4345d3b670408472
I'm not sure how to translate all of that.

This is where i got the mod from.
Thanks Lios

This is probably because one of the xml files has another structure as MapView expects. This is especially likely if the Mod defines it's own Xml schemas or comes with it's own *.dll.

You could try to make a copy of any working mod (you will just need the assets xml folder in the correct file structure) and then copy over the xml files from "total realism" one by one and see at which file it crashes.

That way you can get it working. The most important files you prolly wanna use are the bonusinfos and featureinfo xml files and all those that define the things you wanna change.

Posted this on the download page, too, but figured more people would see it here:

I was hoping this would be able to edit a save file, but it does not appear to be able to do that? Saving my game as a scenario file and editing it that way broke a bunch of things because I'm playing the Fall From heaven 2 mod and the in-game worldbuilder has no clue how to properly export it, which is a shame because I really like the position the world is in and think it would be fun to reload it as a bunch of different civs, but it needs some tweaks to work properly IMO.

Any advice?

That, unfortunately isn't that easy. Save files are encrypted and hard to reverse, also it's theoretically illeagal.

Okay so I just downloaded this tool onto my computer. I saved it into my downloads folder. I launched it and everytime I select a tile I have to click on the default map then back to the new one in order to be able to place it. I also can only place the tiles were the center of of my view is pointed at. I installed this tool on my second computer. There is no lag between tile changes and I can place the tiles were ever I want to. The first computer is Windows Vista and the second is Windows 7. Any idea whats going on?

Hey, I actually made the map in mapview, so it should work. I'll give it a try and let you know how I get it running

Kevin

The mod will not load, as you said. To do what you want to do, you will have to make a new mod folder and move all the artwork and units to that folder. Something in his mod is incompatible with mapview- the map and the mod were made seperately and later combined.

However I don't see why you wouldn't just do units, cities, etc. in-game, I didn't find it any easier in mapview. Most cities were actually placed by Shiggs in worldbuilder

I have spent some hours fixing up contacts etc with mapview for a Rise of Mankund scenario. When I try to load it up I get this error message:

Mods\RiseofMankind\ is an invalid mod directory, ignoring

then it won't load the mod required for the scenario to play. Please help!

Top Bottom