March Patch Notes (formerly february)

Status
Not open for further replies.
For anyone else, are you missing the map icons for Ring and Skirmish, and the mouse-over Tool Tip for skirmish?

Ancient Lakes is a simple map, Ring & Skirmish are lua scripts designed to be used in MP possibly once the Polynesia/DLC is active. The scripts might not be available for SP, thus No Icons here either. Unless Steam or Firaxis butchered a missing file (No changes in FPK nor additional DDS for the extra two) that was meant to trigger both for SP.
Weird - indeed.

PS; Yep, after verification - SelectMapType.lua wasn't "edited" to integrate the above. Nice tiny DDS pager for the browser though.

PS2; Never thought Ship Parts were FREE! :) Civilopedia got some edits in necessary places.

Both Ring and Skirmish show up in the mod single player list. Not sure about lakes.

That reminds me of my FAVORITE post patch AI moments thus far.

Augustus offers me Open Borders for Open Borders.
I click Accept.
Augustus tells me the deal is unacceptable and I need to offer more.
It turns out that by Open Borders he meant that plus 20 gold.

This has happened 3 times now.

shoulda played hard to get

If that sexy balding man wants to open his borders to me, I'll be glad to oblige, but I'm sure not paying for the privilege.

That reminds me of my FAVORITE post patch AI moments thus far.

Augustus offers me Open Borders for Open Borders.
I click Accept.
Augustus tells me the deal is unacceptable and I need to offer more.
It turns out that by Open Borders he meant that plus 20 gold.

This has happened 3 times now.

Open Borders have a lot more variance - as America competes with me more for CS, its price for OB has gone from 40 to 90.

You sure you're not getting mixed up?

CITY_SPACE_SPACE_SPACE_CITY

Oh dammit, I was mixed up, I was trying to settle with two spaces in between :(

That still sucks on a lot of maps where decent land might be limited :(

Cant that restriction be changed back to two spaces between cities? It should be optional IMO.

Both Ring and Skirmish show up in the mod single player list. Not sure about lakes.

They weren't listed in the "advanced setup" Menu, sorry for the confusion -- i'll check the Re_Coloring set in Z-UI to see what i can do to add them where they should... but they certainly shouldn't be missing in the FPK since they included the new Engineering_Tech & Aqueduct.

Oh dammit, I was mixed up, I was trying to settle with two spaces in between :(

That still sucks on a lot of maps where decent land might be limited :(

Cant that restriction be changed back to two spaces between cities? It should be optional IMO.

With some GlobalDefines.xml edit of the Min_City_Range field.

Yes it can but I kind of like it as is, I'm in a game now where kind of the same thing and have to really think about where my next city will fall and the effects it might have. But I like what this adds.

They forgot to add this patch note:

MODDING: Totally broke the ability to add mods to the Mod Browser or use the GameSpy uploading system.

Essentially, no mods can be added or updated except via forum post attachments now.

First impressions:

The city growth indicator inside the city window is STILL broken! Its always full instead of being filled depending on how close the city is to growing.

The medical lab's tooltip notes how the % food carryover on growth stacks with hospital. However, the new building the aqueduct now has the food carryover on growth and the hospital is just a straight +5 food.

Minor stuff but meh, this team is still sloppy.

Yes it can but I kind of like it as is, I'm in a game now where kind of the same thing and have to really think about where my next city will fall and the effects it might have. But I like what this adds.

I dont like it. I get lots of maps where I have great city locations 2 tiles apart, either due to riverside / mountainside / non hill spots, or resources that would fall into the city radius.

The 3 tile spacing wouldnt be so bad if it wasnt for trying to settle cities in optimal spaces to build watermills, windmills and observatories.

With some GlobalDefines.xml edit of the Min_City_Range field.

How do you do this?

MODDING: Totally broke the ability to add mods to the Mod Browser or use the GameSpy uploading system.
As i wrote earlier, probably three pages ago - i smell a swift fix under the Radar or some call directly to GameSpy soon enough.
Just like when the 1024 Characters limit was blown to pieces in the Description Field.
Worst, the CityView Food basket is still filled to the rim... oh, well good'ol Copy/Paste, verify previous_new in WinMerge.
The usual Lack of attention towards the "Competition" that Modders really are to Devs.
Priorities are strange concepts.

So, you CAN make hydro plants without a factory (coal). Hydro plants now give one production per river tile. If you have horses, cows or sheep along a river with a stable thats pretty slick.

The game seems to have many more nuances now that have to be taken into account. In some cases, with some leaders, it really does change the game. One thing I've noticed is that a lot of the stuff in Tradition and Liberty are very much more useful in the beginning of the game, not so much in the late stages of the game.

I guess that their goal was to make these 2 SP trees (Tradition, Liberty) to give you an early game boost, in order to have a stable lead over the AI or something like that. I hear they did a pretty good job in this patch on this.

They forgot to add this patch note:

Essentially, no mods can be added or updated except via forum post attachments now.

I think this happened with the last patch as well, and was fixed pretty quickly.

Is there an official bug thread for the new patch?

I started an immortal earth game, and I started with an AI three tiles away. I settled in place, so that he couldn't settle where he started with the new city spacing rule. The next turn, instead of moving, he froze in place and stayed frozen for several turns until I took him out with my warrior, eliminating his civ. Later I noticed a city state that was sitting a few squares from an AI capital, just sitting there.

Looks like the AI doesn't know what to do when it starts too close to another player or AI and can't settle in place. Instead of moving and settling, it freezes. Even after the settler is bumped back by culture expansion, it doesn't move.

On the positive side, AI seems tougher and better with units, and the game's turn time is much faster. City buildings seem more balanced. Diplomacy still seems deeply troubled from my point of view so far, but it's too early to say for sure.

So I played for a bit today and have found it to be alot better than before for a guy like me who is a casual player and plays on prince mode.

I triggered a mass denounciation with the other 3 civs by attacking a CS that was being protected by one of them. The part that was lame was that at first it was alright. I attack, I get a warning, I tell Ghandi to get a job, I take the CS, and 2 turns later he denounces and then declares war the next turn. Then suddenly the other two civs denounce me for being a war monger and then start a war with me.... That was kinda lame.

Started another game and had Bismarck do the lets be friends, lets start a war, then lets be friend again. It made it really fun since it added that reality element that was alluded to before (ww2 germany & russia splitting poland.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom