Marshes, Mana, Vitalize, and Sanity.

If you can come up with a list of spells to change, I'm looking to add new sets of spells in my modmod, Amurite Enhancement. Right now I'm holding off on changing the spell system until I have the rest of my enhancement working, but I would love to get more ideas. And if you can come up with a convincing reason to have multiple spells per sphere, I might even include that too.

-Colin

It's just a personal preference, but I find that sticking to the rigid "one spell per level" structure is really boring and inflexible.

I think the ONLY issue with it is then the Nature Spell line is already better than ever other line because of the added flexibility.

I would love to see move spells per level. Each being a promo. Mages could specialize and go for deep high level spells OR get 'em all OR both given enough exp and time.

Personally, I like Terraforming.

Rather obvious, seeing as the 'new' scorch code was from Malakim+, although my code was upgraded by Jean Elcard.

In FFPlus, spring is able to convert Plains to Grass. With the Vitalize Module, from Odalrick, Vitalize can improve terrain based on civ, has a range determined by your caster's Spell Range promotions (Forget the real names :lol:), and can even convert Ocean to Coast... Which is nice for the Lanun.

Actually, i'm not too sure about it being good to convert ocean to coast with your new method of fishing boats and whaling boats. Is it really better to loose 1 food and gain 1 commerce (and that only at, optics I believe?). Since I'm usually running conquest when I play as the lanuan, 1 food = 1 hammer, and for the usually hammer starved lanuan, that is VERY imporatant.

-Colin

Just a side note.

I don't see why adding new spells means an old one has to be removed to accomodate it. There's certainly no technical restrictions on tying multiple spells to one spellsphere promotion.

I guess it's a question of balance. Some specific spells are already incredibly useful, that could justify other spheres having multiple spells.

Personally, I'd like to see the nature line more like:

Chanelling I
  • Treetop Defense
  • Charm Animal

Channelling II
  • Barkskin
  • Poison Blade
  • Entangle

Chanelling III
  • Summon Treant
  • Summon Guardian Vine
  • Some sort of big "Nature's Wrath" type spell that does nasty things to enemies standing in forests or jungles.

It's just a personal preference, but I find that sticking to the rigid "one spell per level" structure is really boring and inflexible.

I like the possibility of having multiple spells tied to one tier, but it would have to be done in a balanced way. If your idea for Nature were implemented without changing all the other spell spheres, I think Nature would become pretty overpowered.

For now, I think it would be sufficient for some of the weaker spell promotions to unlock an additional spell to balance them out. Air I, Creation II, Fire I, Ice III (non-Divine), and the entire Law, Nature and Spirit spheres are all fairly weak in my opinion, and each could justifiably be given another spell (or at least improve the spells that are currently attached to those promotions). Going beyond that would require changes to all the spell promotions to balance (which might not necessarily be a bad thing, it'd just be a lot more work).

Why not change the nature sphere as per Warkirby's idea, then when it comes out, there will be a huge outcry of imbalance which will provide motivation to actually complete the revamp.

motivation being the important part.

Why not change the nature sphere as per Warkirby's idea,

The simple question is, who are you asking to do it ?

Adding new spells in this manner is probably best and easiest done via modules. Myself and the rest of the FF team are almost certainly too busy to work on it atm.

Maybe you could give it a try yourself. There's modular python now :)

motivation being the important part.

Actually, time is the important part. I have the motivation to do it myself right now. But not the time. too much other stuff on the agenda.

Just a side note.

I don't see why adding new spells means an old one has to be removed to accomodate it. There's certainly no technical restrictions on tying multiple spells to one spellsphere promotion.

I guess it's a question of balance. Some specific spells are already incredibly useful, that could justify other spheres having multiple spells.

Personally, I'd like to see the nature line more like:

Chanelling I
  • Treetop Defense
  • Charm Animal

Channelling II
  • Barkskin
  • Poison Blade
  • Entangle

Chanelling III
  • Summon Treant
  • Summon Guardian Vine
  • Some sort of big "Nature's Wrath" type spell that does nasty things to enemies standing in forests or jungles.

I agree. More spell options at each level would be a great addition. That area has been neglected, in my opinion.

I could take on the extended magic module, I think. It's certainly not more complicated than writing Xiven's usurper trait code.

I just need ideas - general forum population GO! Nature I,II,II have a lot of stuff for me to stew on in this thread, but there's still every other spell level. In particularly, the only slightly useful ones... Law I, Fire I, Water I,II, Air I, Force I....

I could take on the extended magic module, I think. It's certainly not more complicated than writing Xiven's usurper trait code.

I just need ideas - general forum population GO! Nature I,II,II have a lot of stuff for me to stew on in this thread, but there's still every other spell level. In particularly, the only slightly useful ones... Law I, Fire I, Water I,II, Air I, Force I....

I have a few new spells for the Jots in FF+ that you can feel free to cannibalize.

I also have an (as yet untested) set of unique Nature spells for the Scions. Creating forests seems rather counterproductive for them...

I would suggest stealing from the divine spells. Lots of material there.

Fire 1 could be a stack buff that gives +1 fire damage for a limited time

Force spells...according to MC they aren't supposed to be TK-related but "cosmic balance" related. If so that line needs total revamp.

As an FYI I'm not hoping or intending that this will be a longterm modmod - I want to collate the ideas, make them into a usable form, and then see if I can get them rolled into FF.
The most draining thing about doing Fall Flat was doing the mass code update each patch, that's why I'm going modular. There's just a limit to things I can do modular - and most new spell effects would be Python toys.

Actually, i'm not too sure about it being good to convert ocean to coast with your new method of fishing boats and whaling boats. Is it really better to loose 1 food and gain 1 commerce (and that only at, optics I believe?). Since I'm usually running conquest when I play as the lanuan, 1 food = 1 hammer, and for the usually hammer starved lanuan, that is VERY imporatant.

-Colin

Haha yeah, the new improvements came after the Vitalize change.

As an FYI I'm not hoping or intending that this will be a longterm modmod - I want to collate the ideas, make them into a usable form, and then see if I can get them rolled into FF.
The most draining thing about doing Fall Flat was doing the mass code update each patch, that's why I'm going modular. There's just a limit to things I can do modular - and most new spell effects would be Python toys.

We have modular python now. Did you miss Odalrick's thread ?

Top Bottom