[Civ2] Martian Dawn (aka Mars 2300) Scenario Addon

Blake00

CFC Mod Archivist & Social Media Helper
Supporter
A few months ago I played a big game of Benjamin Ball's Martian Dawn scenario from the Scenario League and had a good time with it as it had a big map, some interesting story events and very nice graphics (thanks to using Reno's Dune units). I also managed to find it's missing extra sound download and upload it to the SL.
https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/martian-dawn-aka-mars-2300-scenario-mge.28960/

However while playing it there were a few minor things that annoyed me which I decided to change.

Balancing issues:
  • Rebalanced the Mechs as the Type 1 & Type 2 were identical in every way except for cost which is silly.
  • Rebalanced the Rovers as they were overpowered and could kill anything despite being meant for fast recon.
  • Rebalanced the Thopters & Psi aircraft as the bombers were overpowered and the fighters couldn't attack or defend against them.

Graphics:
  • The mag line and it's running lights used the same colours as the dry riverbed resulting in them blending in too much. The tracks were also rather wide leading to visual glitches where tracks join and difficulty seeing the terrain beneath. So I thinned the tracks a bit and grayed them out. I also made the running lights red and added the missing vertical running lights. It's not perfect but I think it's an improvement.
upload_2021-6-26_17-5-50.png

upload_2021-6-26_17-6-2.png

EDIT: I've also added a mars colony themed custom city background.
1690189599176.png

Even though it's 20 years too late and no one will care now I figured I'd release my small changes out to the world even though I originally just made them for myself. Simply extract the addon files in the zip attached to the bottom of this post into Benjamin Ball's Mars 2300 scenario folder and you're good to go.

24/07/2023 Replaced download at 55 hits. Updated with better documentation and a new city background image!

Attachments

• Mars2300Addon.7z
    294 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Top Bottom