Mass Effect Andromeda

oh my god gtaV is 72 gbs. I remember in the mid 90s when we bought our first hard drive upgrade. This wasn't our first pc, maybe our 3rd or 4th but the first time we bought a hard drive ala cart. I think it was 1 gb. We thought we'd never run out of space.

You can blame current weak console CPUs for that. They have enough ram but lack the processing power to decompress textures fast enough, so devs just don't properly compress them in the first place.

oh my god gtaV is 72 gbs. I remember in the mid 90s when we bought our first hard drive upgrade. This wasn't our first pc, maybe our 3rd or 4th but the first time we bought a hard drive ala cart. I think it was 1 gb. We thought we'd never run out of space.

I remember buying 4 MB (I repeat - 4 MEGABYTES) of RAM for £50 at a Tandy store. And i also remember downloading a 100MB download patch for counter strike and feeling rather pleased with myself that i managed to do it on the conventional internet connection and not the wireplay one (which my parents charged me for out of my pocket money - the bastards). Haha - those were the days. A 4K per sec download speed was like a gift from the gods. And i laughed at those on a lowly 2.2K per sec. That difference seems almost laughable now. Now im pissed if i dont get at least 2.5MB per sec.

100 Mb at 4 Kb a second? That's seven hours of constant downloading! :eek:

100 Mb at 4 Kb a second? That's seven hours of constant downloading! :eek:

Exactly! And considering this used to cost about 12p per minute on wireplay the update didnt cost me anything whereas if i had updated on wireplay it would have costed about £40. Internet was horsehocky back then. The 100MB update caused a huge rift in the community. Most people my age sold their underpants in order to get it done. I know for a fact one of my best mates didnt eat lunch for a week in order to get himself online.

I don't really understand why but the boxed copy is $17 on amazon and is surely just a code to download yet the digita copy is still $40

Top Bottom