massive bugs in MP

rawrkitty2

Chieftain
So this is a fun one, the host of MP games cannot under any circumstance aquire affinity points, after completing nearly 8 quests that give them over 100 turns and several techs, im still 0/0/0... And every game i do it it keeps happening.. :l

Yeah sorry, im not really sure what else i can elaborate on, several excavations have been done that give me choices of affinities.

When i select lets say "harmony" iget no progress, nor any harmony point.

When completing a TON of quests that give various affinities, i am granted no affinity points.

when researching a tech that gives affinity points, i remain 0/0/0.

Later on ill fully record a game with it happening and upload a video.

Also there are some other frustrating bugs, you can't spy on players, ever. (nvm this has something to do with city ranges, though i couldent spy on players right next door to me but they could spy on me, prolly discovery or something)
(i cant actually locate my spies into any non-ai cities)

desyncs still kinda happen often enough to be a problem but not as bad as civ5

So to clarify, are you referring to the quests which give you a choice of e.g. Harmony, or Purity & Supremacy? Those quests (such as 'Familiar Exotics') don't actually give you affinity points - the quest is just about deciding which path to take. So if you select the Harmony option, for example, the next step of the quest will go in one direction, whereas if you select Purity & Supremacy, it'll go in another.

Could you please identify the specific quests which are not giving you affinity points?

And just to clarify again, have you researched any techs which should grant you affinity points?

Cool, thanks for making the vid. :)

The problem is indeed that the quest isn't meant to give you affinity points - it just leads you down a particular path as part of a multi-step quest (which eventually gives you affinity points at the end, IIRC). The quest options are somewhat misleading in this sense, I suppose.

Strange, (And yes i did complete 2 techs that gave it), and doing those kinds of quests DID award me affinity in singleplayer, so im very confused, but i'll play around with it more :p

Top Bottom