Master of Myrror Fantasy Mod 2.0

Oh ok , kool thanks for the info, never thought about it that way.

Originally posted by mrtn
I don't think that the AI would use this (has anyone ever seen a king unit move at all? :rolleyes: ), but I'm sure a human player would, making it too much like an exploit IMNSHO.
As a matter of fact, I have seen some AI's move their kings away from cities. Never as a means of survival. They seem to spread them out into their biggest or best defended cities (I don't how it is really deetermined by the AI). I was spying a neighbor civ once (in a different mod) and they moved 2 kings out of a city on the border, which I took a few turns later without taking my eyes off of the city and on the same turn I declared war and there was no king in the city. Maybe they just move them closer to their empire center. Their capital was on my border, but it was the only border city to have a king.

P.S. if it wasn't obvious I usually play Mass Regicide.:king: :king: :king:

Apparently, the AI doesn't like to have more than one King in the same place, which makes tolerable sense I guess.

But while Mass Regicide wouldn't make much sense, wouldn't Sengoku-style upgradeable Kings (Mages) make plenty thereof?

(Not that I'm personally much in favour of regicide in general - never use it in my normal games.)

tjedge1: I've always wondered how you nick is supposed to be pronounced, BTW. As if "chedge won"?

Originally posted by The Last Conformist
tjedge1: I've always wondered how you nick is supposed to be pronounced, BTW. As if "chedge won"?

:hmm: I've never heard it pronounced that way. Not bad, but it is actually my initials, T and J with Edge attached. I added 1 out of habit since the first place I used this name was on BattleNet and it seemed that somebody else had beaten me to tjedge. Edge is part of the name of my first novel so I'm a little partial to it. Since I've used this name on every site or network I join, I just keep using it. Makes it easier for me to remember when I go to sites I haven't been in a while.:)

I guess the way to pronounce it would be t j edge one. But if you desire you can call me chedge won. Does that have any particular meaning I should know about. Wouldn't want to call myself something like cat poo. :blush:

"Chedge won", as far as I know, doesn't mean anything. I was just trying to indicate a pronunciation as unambiguously as I could without resorting to phonetic transcription.

But you're henceforth "tee jay edge one".

I note that you're currently at 1337 posts. 1337, m4n! ;)

The "correction" to tech costs in the last patch was a mistake - research is way too fast. I'll upload an updated .biq later today. It'll include some other fixes too. Chaos workers were too good and some other small things.

Updated MoM.biq for Patch 7 released

Download (0.02MB)

Extract to Civ3\Conquests\Scenarios\ and overwrite existing files. Note that you need to have the Beta Patch 7 installed. This is not a full patch.

Tech costs roughly doubled and Chaos government 150% worker rate reduced to 100%.

There will be a larger update sometime in the future including also new units.

Drift,
Have you eliminated the Doom Drake? I noticed, in the editor in the ANIM section, that "Doom_Drake" points to Dark Rider. In the "ICON_PRTO" section, Doom_Drake points to "22Catapultlarge.pcx" and "22Catapultsmall.pcx", respectively.

Thanks,

Nibble

@Nibble

Doom Drake and Eagle Rider were removed at least temporarily. They didn't fit where they were. I'm thinking of a new place for Doom Drake, but Eagle Riders I was never very fond of. They won't probably make a comeback.

@Ville

Edit: it wasn't a bug afterall, but a lack of patch on Ville's part. Mod works 100% as far as I know. :)

No problem, this mod is really fun so I'm testing it very eagerly:)

Looking forward to see where you put the Doom Drakes. In the original Master Of Magic game Doom Drakes were very powerful. Believe it or not I still play it now and again.

Too bad you can't swap maps in-game (e.g., go from one relm to another, as in MOM.). Maybe Civ 4. :lol:

@ Ville

Glad to hear you like the mod. :)

About the bug. This is really weird, I just tested it and the improvement works. Could you tell more specifically where you encountered the error message?

Also, are you sure you have extracted MoM_beta_patch7.zip and then MoM_beta_patch7_updated_biq.zip to your Conquests\Scenarios\ ? I just did it and the improvement worked. The improvement was added in patch 7 so the most probable option is that you haven't extracted patch 7 itself, just the updated MoM.biq for it. Or then I'm too dizzy with not enough sleep and coffee in my system to figure this out. :crazyeye:

@Nibble

Logical place for Doom Drake would naturally be a Draconian race resource, but unfortunately, there aren't any draconian units. Unless you count the Doom Drake itself and Embryodead's airship. Draconians had airships in MoM, didn't they? It should find a place somewhere. One option I've been considering is a late game unit producing great spell. Could be a good place for DD.

Drift,

A late game Doom Drake sounds about right to me. Maybe a combination of two or more magic resources. As I mentioned earlier, it was a very powerful unit in MOM. :tank:

I get the same error message as Ville.It appears while loading the scenarion(before setup screen).I have extracted the complete BetaPatch7 to /Conquest/Scenarios.

EDIT: Sorry, shame on me.Should read and download more carefully-I downloaded only the updated biq...

I'm looking forward to play this mod because i get MOM a few years ago, but it never works on my compunter...

Nice to hear that it works. I clarified the wording a bit to avoid future misunderstandings. :)

It's no wonder people get confused with all these things to download. Base install, leaderheads, latest patch, possible updated .biq, new terrain graphics...

Originally posted by Drift
...It's no wonder people get confused with all these things to download. Base install, leaderheads, latest patch, possible updated .biq, new terrain graphics...
Yes, why didn't you include it all from the start? :p

;)

Originally posted by mrtn
Yes, why didn't you include it all from the start?

I was meaning to, but then I thought that if I separated everything into small patches, I could keep bumping the thread constantly with the excuse of posting "new patches". Aren't I clever?

:lol:

And just to be on the safe side, even though that wasn't very funny, it is 100% humour and not meant to be taken seriously. I'm not doing this patch bombardment out of malice. Honest. I'm not. Not at least completely. :lol:

I finally found some time to play some turns and it looks pretty nice! The different race ressources for example truly give the mod a unique feel and gameplay!
:thumbsup:

So far I have only one (minor) complaint: The text in the Tech Tree is sometimes hard to read (dont know if something can be done about that anyway). Also the fact that no prerequisite-links are shown makes is a little bit confusing when you play for the first time... this could probably be fixed by explaining the tech system in the readme.

And finally one question: What are the ideas behind changing shields to "energy" (think that's how it is)? As far as I remember, in MoM you had food, shields, gold and mana.

Maybe because you wanted the possibility to "cast" spells (hence changing shields to something magical), but also a way of hoarding magical power (thus gold -> magical)?

Top Bottom