Master of Myrror Fantasy Mod 2.0

Komoda said:
Have enjoyed playing MoM and would like to play its expansion.
A couple of points though.

Having to reinstall it and getting the errors about Net Art\Flics\*.flc, had to copy the *.flc files from base MoM to get that section working properly.

Now my problem is, Art\Civilopedia\Icons\Buildings\fertility-small.pcx
Tried to find it in the base MoM, but unsure as to where to look.

Sorceror looks good, with what little of it I played. Any ideas as to how to fix my current bug?

MoM is still a very good mod, and enjoy it immensely. Any thoughts about a mapeditor so that someone could create maps for it? :)

For issues specifically related to The Sorcerors expansion, I maintain that on this thread. Your problems are corrected in the patches available there, and I'd be happy to help out more on that thread, if you need it.

As for a map editor, why not use the one that came with C3C?

if you have the dl for WH2 you can find the WarriorMonk.INI, and as for MedievalJapaneseLeader.INI, you only need to look for MiddleAgesJapanLeader, within will be found the the INI for the forementioned INI file.

One only needs to go to the following files to locate both the Medieval Japanese Leader and Warrior Monk; File Errors in MoM:S

CivIII\Civ3PTW\extras\Medieval Japan

found that even even if you correct the missing INI files, the MoM:S mod will also give you another File Error for not having the 'x_Japan Leader Default.flc',
found the mod works best if you just copy both files into MoM_sorc\Art\Units and be done with it. It seems to be working fine so far.

Hope this helps you out Clearbeard (6'2" dwarf) :D

Komoda, please keep the discussion about MoM: The Sorcerors in its own thread (like clearbeard suggested - or did you post here accidentally?).

Neither the warrior monk or the japanese leader make an appearance in regular MoM so discussing them in this thread will only confuse people.

My apologies for using the wrong thread.

This is no doubt my first or second time for posting in the wrong thread, but then again, I only recently have been spending some time in the forums. Who really knows how long that will last.

This may not be the thread to type this, but both MoM and MoM:S, even WH2 has given me a few ideas, just wish there were more animal based units.

Just fired it up and I was told something called tombkingall.pcx (or something similar) was missing.....any ideas?

@UWS

You have made somekind of a mistake during installation - the mod doesn't have the error you are getting if the installation has been successful. Delete your current install (not really necessary, but you should install the whole thing from scratch anyway) and follow the instructions on post #1 of this thread closely. My guess is that you haven't installed MoM 1.0 at all as tombkingall.pcx is part of it and is one of the numerous files that aren't included in the 2.0 downloads.

1. install MoM 1.0
2. install MoM 2.0 beta 3
3. install latest patch

All of the files are in post #1. Good luck.

Just downloaded this mod in the last day. Thanks to the people that put it together, I always enjoyed the MoM game.

I encountered a problem when playing this mod. I was in a multiplayer game with a friend and the computer built the Spider Mastery Great Spell. Instead of giving out the 3/2/2 spiders (or whatever it was supposed to), It started spitting out Black Dragons instead 16/6/3's.

I tried searching the forums for this problem but was not successful. Anyone able to point me to the solution?

I would appreciate any help given. Thanks

@Kougar

You probably don't have the latest patch installed. The improvements that spawn units were messed up at one part of the beta test, but it has been fixed for a while now. Check page #1. You should have Beta 3 with the latest patch installed.
Download link to the latest patch: http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads9/MoM_20_Beta3_patch2.zip
Unzip to Civ3\Conquests\Scenarios\

Thanks Drift. I missed that link to the beta 2.0 patch when I downloaded files. It works fine now, verified it before patch and after building that wonder. ok back to the game thanks again.

It's June and I've started slowly working with the MoM II. I know from experience that first few days are always a pain. I hope it becomes less of a chore as I go on and I hope I can make good on my promises. It's three months until the baby is born so there really isn't much time. I'm not going to spend my summer sitting in front of this computer and I definitely won't be working with the mod in July-August so I'm hoping that I can crunch it together in as short amount of time as possible.

Hey Drift,

Don't let RL take a back seat to this mod. I'm sure I speak for all that we'd love to see it tomorrow finished, polished, and bug free but that's not the way things are in life. Do what you can when you can.

And thanks again for all the hard work you've done already.

V

Having played MoM to extinction (and I still do under DOSBox) just thought I would drop a few words saying how much the mod is appreciated. There are some minor tweaks that would finish it off (I might change the text files if they start to irritate me). The download was an experience... I use a dial up modem with a 2 hour time limit for each session; about 13 hours spread over 7 sessions - ouch! Good luck with MoM2, I will certainly keep an eye out for it. I wonder if making "barbarians" spawn on unclaimed nodes (aka Master of Magic) would distort the early game play too much.

I just started playing MoM2 a couple of days ago, and I must say, it's a much better experience than the last version. The factions are much better balanced and the game play less tedious. I'm currently playing Freya on Sorcerer level, and I'm kicking Lo Pan's butt.

Good Job!

Hi Drift!
Is there anything else you need for the mod? Now would be a good time to speak up then :)

BTW, I can hardly wait for the falling of Arcanus :) (Arcanus... tee-hee :rolleyes: :p )

Thanks aaglo for the offer. There's not much that I need any more, but I can think of two units that would be useful.
- Storm Giant :p (aaglo said 'no' to it once before, but I'm tenacious)
- Ghost (something with civ-colors. I kinda like the graphical style of my current ghost (the eerily bright, green tinted princess), but I don't like the fact that it's a Princess waving her wand.)

This would also be a good time to state that MoM II won't be finished in June. Sorry everyone, but it has been a busy couple of weeks. I won't let RL take a back seat so as a consequence, the mod will be released probably in July. The good news is that I now have enough time to actually work with the mod a bit.

tjedge1 said:
Would that storm giant use lightning in any way? I hope so.

I have no objections to it so it would be up to aaglo. :)

Sweet. Storm Giants in Mystara love to bathe in lightning when there is a storm, and they can fling it around a bit too, if I recall correctly. They're rare in Mystara so I've never used them much. Would be a great addition to my GIant civ though.

Top Bottom