Maybe someone can help...

Wraithcaller

Chieftain
I have been a very long time Civ fan and recently have been getting tired of the ridiculously weak AI in vanilla Civ 5 (with expansions/DLCs) so I started looking for mods. I discovered this awesome mod set you guys have created and seems to load fine with no errors and such but for some reason I found three things that is bugging me. I use the continents plus map set on huge and normally have about 24 city states enabled with 12 major civs and goody huts. With the mods though I don't have any goody huts on the maps, there are no city states, and there are only the couple of resources around the capital city of all civs when they first began. I tried turning on/off all settings related to the ancient ruins and tried changing the number of city states to no avail. Has anyone come across something similar or might know of a fix?

First of all, welcome to the mod.

Now that's out of the way, I'm just going to ask the general stuff first that usually causes the most problems.

1. Have you tried clearing out the cache folder and restarting?

2. Are you running any other mods? And if so, do you know if they're compatible?

3. If you installed the EUI, did you follow the instructions to delete the files mentioned in the spoiler below the EUI section of the install?

Do you still have to do this if you use the installer which includes the EUI?

No, you do not need to delete anything if you use the autoinstaller, except some rare non-standard system setups.

To the OP question. This is typically happening when your CivV is not up to date. When you launch the game, you should see your version number under the main menu. It should end with .279. If the version is different update the game to the latest from Steam. It should be happening automatically, but for some strange reason the update is failing for some few people.

Have you tried to play with all the Vox Populi mods except for the More Luxuries ?
I've seen it do this when in conflict with the civ5 version, or another mod.

Also are you sure that you own 100% of the DLC's? I know some people miss one or two of the smaller ones that seem very unimportant.

Ahh ok it looks like I'm still running a version or two behind. I'll need to check why it isn't updating and try it again. Thank you!

Okay thank you everyone for the help. It was just a version issue and once I updated everything is working properly. Awesome job!

Steam automatically updates to the newest version, no way in hell you could "miss" an update.

Steam automatically updates to the newest version, no way in hell you could "miss" an update.

You could if you blocked Steam in your firewall and force offline mode. I only have Steam because of Civ and one other game from 10 years ago. Your insinuation is unwarranted and insulting.

You say "you could" as if it's high probability of someone firewalling Steam of all programs.

You'd be surprised, there are quite many people experiencing this issue - whenever I see keywords "few/no resources on the map", "no ruins" or "no city states", checking the CiV version is the first thing that comes to my mind and it usually solves their problem.

And it is not just firewalling the Steam, the Steam has its quirks and sometimes simply stops noticing the game is not up to date. Happened to myself long time ago and I was definitely not firewalling Steam.

Anyway, glad it solved your problem, Wraithcaller.

You say "you could" as if it's high probability of someone firewalling Steam of all programs.
You can also tell steam not to download updates.
That's what I do, because I have a poor connection (can't watch a youtube video in 480p without buffering it first) that I have to share...

then when you don't notice that a game has an update to download, you find yourself having some weird bugs with mods :/

You can also tell steam not to download updates.
That's what I do, because I have a poor connection (can't watch a youtube video in 480p without buffering it first) that I have to share...

then when you don't notice that a game has an update to download, you find yourself having some weird bugs with mods :/

I have steam automatic updates disabled because I have some games with mods that steam tries to over-write, also sometimes having a background download start when you're playing something else can cause lag.

I have steam automatic updates disabled because I have some games with mods that steam tries to over-write, also sometimes having a background download start when you're playing something else can cause lag.

Just wanted to add that you can disable "background downloads" entirely in the Steam general settings. :)

As far as I know you are unable to deny automatic updates. Only by going in offline mode will work. This was a problem for me when playing Cities Skylines and Kerbal Space Program with mods..

As far as I know you are unable to deny automatic updates. Only by going in offline mode will work. This was a problem for me when playing Cities Skylines and Kerbal Space Program with mods..

I have disabled them somehow anyways, don't remember how I did it but I had to do it to get steam to stop overwriting my Vampire, the Masquerade: Bloodlines mods. Pretty sure I just followed some step to step guide.

Top Bottom