MC's Seleucids (non-VP Mod) - Too much culture issue

Dovaj

Chieftain
I was trying the subject mod out, with the AI controlling the civ. I noticed that in a couple of games, the Seleucids had half again as many policies as even civs doing much better in the game than they were.

The mod is not balanced for VP, but does seem to work and is fun. It s a pretty simple civ and I think the issue has something to do with the Strategeion bulding. The yield is gold, but there is a:
<FlavorType>FLAVOR_HAPPINESS</FlavorType>
<Flavor>150</Flavor>
that may be totally out of whack due to all the changes to Happiness in VP over the past years? Or, the LUA function regarding +xp based on food.

If anyone has an idea of a quick change or two that needs to be made to bring this civ better in line with current VP, I would appreciate hearing ideas.

I wouldn't be able to tell you what you could do to change it, but if you're saying the civ is behind on culture compared to others that could be more because the civ isn't compatible with VP at all. Flavors also don't really improve a civ's yield gains either, they just dictate what the civ should prioritize first.

A civ with high flavors towards happiness is likely to be aiming for good infrastructure and golden ages I imagine. Also if the lua doesn't do anything for culture gain it really isn't the culprit, and although i haven't done Lua programming myself I doubt the way you write stuff for Civ 5 in lua has changed because of VP. Parameters should have changed though so that might be it.

Your best option is to hope either 1. someone picks up this civ and balances it for VP, or 2 you learn how to do it yourself basically.

Thanks. After posting, I did realize that flavor was for prioritization. Regarding the culture gain, this civ had for example 18 policies, when the next most by another civ was 12. In any case, I'll keep looking at it. This issue is consistent over three games. With some more analysis, I can probably find where the excess culture is coming from (if not simply from having fewer cities). Thanks for responding.

Top Bottom