[Vanilla] Measuring military might

dwcole78

Warlord
In civ 4 and 5 you had demographic data along with lists every so often for various things that could help you keep track of where you were compared to the AI. You can do this for victory conditions, tech, social tech, arguably easier in six than in five. I haven't found a good way to keep track of my military strength compared to the AI though. What am I missing? I can keep a general track using popups that tell me what they are using to kill certain things but that is of limited use. Spies can grant some view but is limited. I usually end up using religious units to run through territory look for units. (which there is likely a think piece about what this says about religion...) Am I missing an easier way?

Thanks!

You have this data (and other datas such as science, culture etc) for each known civ on the top right, under the leader avatars. You have to see in option menu, but i can't remember well where it is.

If you look at the leaderboard, the domination victory ranking gives the military strength of each civ. I try to keep my strength above that of my neighbors so I don't get attacked. Not sure how it is calculated.

My experience is that embarked units count as their embarked strength (usually much lower than on land).

Well I feel stupid then...thanks. Didn't think it was that availalbe. I suppose I should break down and read the instruction manual even though been playing civ since 1.

Top Bottom