Medieval - Renaissance Mod

Kushan

The Vikings:
The viking unit, are just a-historical. Even if it only lives for a few turns, it will all farvor the human player. The AI dont know that their best unit in game, disappears within a turn or two.

Python:
Eventually post all of your ideas than need python, and we can look at it.
If you has the API, and can read it and understand it, it is very easy to determine if it is possible, so give it a try (with the posting of the ideas) and i will dwell into that more or less (although I am not a python programmer.)

Very much is possibly with python, more than your can think of.

NikG said:
I must laugh at this! Norway didnt do anything after the "Viking age". This must a norwegian stating this... (sorry a little off-topic, but after they found oil, oh well...)

sorry, I laughed out reading this too, but in case you haven't noticed, I wasn't absolutely precise and accurate in my last post. I actually meant scandanavia, just that norway popped up when I was typing it, so I concur with you.

and I'm not norwegian, hahha

chill man, no offence taken, we're all just trying to have a better mod

correct me if I'm wrong though, are all danes so anal about norwegians?

Are you going to change the generic unit names to more civilization/culture specific units? I.e. Chevaliers for French knights, or Landsnecht for German Pikemen (HRE), etc?

Also, what about a Water Mill for cities with rivers in their zone?

Also, the Byzantines had Viking units as well. They were known as the Varangian Guard...

Also, the Byzantines had Viking units as well. They were known as the Varangian Guard...

They were a mercenary unit made up of Vikings and "barbarians", more then a unit made up of vikings.

Are you going to change the generic unit names to more civilization/culture specific units? I.e. Chevaliers for French knights, or Landsnecht for German Pikemen (HRE), etc?

This wont be included int the first version, but I hope to include it later.

I am currently making a few changes to the unit list:
- I'vel removed the viking units from the Scandinavians. (You guys win lol)
- I've removed the Foot Knight. With the Medieval Infantry unit changed to the Footman/Man-at-Arms line, the Foot Knight is a bit ahistorical.
- I am currently redoing the unit list for the Byzantines, their units were based around different armies that had a different "theme", this theme was basically how that army operated.

Other Changes:
- I am also redoing the tech tree. I will be adding two new lines of techs: The Military and Naval Strategy lines. I'm currently looking for tech ideas people would like to see. With half the tech tree being cut off, theres alot of room for addition, even if the tech doesnt do anything per se, their there for authenticity.

Kushan

Kushan said:
Beta: I hope to have it out by the end of the month, maybe as a christmass present . I want it out sooner, but I'm trying to do this while being a member of another mod team, as well as managing my personal life.

Or a better term might be......when its done :p

Kushan

UPDATE: I have made the following updates to the first post:
- Updated the faction list to include all the faction leaders.
- Updated the new unit list, including generic and naval units. Removed Viking and Foot Knight units.
- Removed Hinduism as a religion.

I will make another update tomorrow with some of the new techs.

Kushan

How come Aragon and Castille don't have Pikemen?

What about Militia or Peasant levies?

How come no spearmen?

Because they didnt use them. Their armies were formed around its knights. The remainder of its population staid at home working their fields, when they did go to war they were simple infanty units. Their Footman line of units is meant to represent these men.

Kushan

Hello Kushan

Probably has been mentioned before but there is a 1000AD scenario shipped with Civ IV. Seems like some questions have been already answered there. At least one solution which can be imporved of course.

But I would definitly recommend playing it , even using it as basis. Then you will see what can be made better.

Regards
capman

Holy Roman Empire footman preview.

Comments or suggestions ?

Henry IV LH is almost done, i will probably post a screenshot tommorow or monday.

Attachments

• footHRE.jpg
    footHRE.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 140
capman said:
Probably has been mentioned before but there is a 1000AD scenario shipped with Civ IV. Seems like some questions have been already answered there. At least one solution which can be imporved of course.

But I would definitly recommend playing it , even using it as basis. Then you will see what can be made better.

Thats actually were the insperation for my mod came from, was playing that. Originally I hade just planned on improving that one, but from there the whole scope really expanded.

C.Roland said:
Holy Roman Empire footman preview.

Comments or suggestions ?

Henry IV LH is almost done, i will probably post a screenshot tommorow or monday.

Very nice, maybe make the Coat of Arms stand out a little more on the shield and armor, then add a more weathered look. If that makes sense.

Also, I know have more then enough to actually start modding. So should hopefully be able start sometime this week.

Kushan

I am also looking for new civic options, so if anyone has any ideas please post them. I will be removing a few of the current civic options that wouldnt have been present in the time period.

Kushan

Top Bottom