1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Meet the Modders

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Creation & Customization' started by RedAlert, Feb 10, 2010.

1. Wotan49

Wotan49 amateur handicraftsman Supporter

:hatsoff:wish to 64er Happy Birthday Blue Monkey
    I'm already at 71 :grouphug:

with best regards
    Wotan49
    :old:

2. Adrain

Adrain Warlord

I wasn't looking to shame you my friend. Simply to appear clever. You spotted the power of two after all ;-)

3. Ozymandias

Ozymandias I saw the Great Library burn.

... Meaning that I'm not going to write down either one of our ages here, in binary, although hexadecimal might be another matter altogether ... :borg: ...On he other hand - :run:

-:Dz

4. Vuldacon

Vuldacon Dedicated to Excellence Supporter

5. Adrain

Adrain Warlord

Respect to you all :)

I just hit 111100 (A mere 3C.) yesterday so lagging behind a little.

I'm not expecting anyone to need anything more than a signed byte mind ;-)

6. Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey Archon Without Portfolio

Once again I am participating in the annual Running of the Gnomes - a charity run done virtually in World of Warcraft. Funds raised benefit Cleveland Clinic's cancer research. Started entirely by players, the run has become important enough that for the last few years Blizzard has added banners, water stands, and other ways to mark the course. If you would like to donate: https://give.ccf.org/fundraiser/2925192 . I'll post a picture or two after the run.

This is 5 hours before start. It's already crazy.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2020
    Wolfshade likes this.
  7. Kyriakos

Kyriakos Alien spiral maker

This is my 3d model of the byzantine church of the Holy Apostles (in Thessalonike) :)
    Made with Blender.

Quintillus likes this.
  8. MeteorPunch

MeteorPunch #WINNING Supporter

After a 15-month break for Classic WoW, I'm getting back into this. Working on my mod and yada yada. Still gonna be playing WoW and soon, Cyberpunk 2077, but am trying to pick up where I left off here as well.

9. Takhisis

Takhisis Jinping, wer fragt uns?

Drop the Blizzard crap and gun full-on for Civ, is my personal advice.

10. Ozymandias

Ozymandias I saw the Great Library burn.

What Takhisis said :cooool:

11. Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey Archon Without Portfolio

12. Takhisis

I took my own advice and spent 8 or so hours commemorating Halloween on EFZI. Unemployment is a b-word. (blast, not… seriously, I'm not that kind of foul-languaged person).

Spoiler On Warcraft :
    I'm very much boycotting Blizzard as I've explained somewhere in Other Games/Offtopic. Have fun playing it if you like, but my objection here is that you're not playing enough Civ3.

13. Vuldacon

Takhisis... Good to see You played EFZI2 Elite for Halloween. I also Game Tested Halloween but changed my Computer Date so I would not see All King Units as Zombies.

I will be Uploading a Major Update to EFZI2 Elite, Maybe before Thanksgiving this Month and for sure before Christmas.
    Game Testing many times this year as I added more and corrected many areas. Game Play is Much more Challenging and Fun with the New Units...Many Improvements for the Game.

Have had to endure Many problems this year as most everyone has... Ambulance and Hospital twice and Hospital Procedures, etc... No Fun but at least No COVID-19.
    Need Cataract Surgery and basically have a very difficult time seeing and that causes me Great Aggravation. I hope to have a better Year and have the needed corrections.

I hope people have not forgotten EFZI2 Elite as it will be Two Years since I have Updated the Game... I have been working on it all along with other Work.

Hope Everyone stays well and can have some Fun despite these Serious Times.

14. Takhisis

Actually, I think I might have started this round on Complete rather than Elite (same map, but with an AI less overpowered because only one human player will be fighting it instead of four). I think. Whichever one it is, it's great fun in any case!

Also:
    Definitely. The start-of-game autosave is dated Dec. 31st but right after that I exited the game and changed the system date to November. And since I played well into the night later I changed it back. :)

Looking forward to the Elite update as well!

Whenever your eyes are better, Vuldacon, check your inbox!

Regarding the purpose of this thread… this here country of Argentina has been in shutdown for nearly 230 days by now, and in the ensuing economic collapse I am of course jobless, just picking up the odd freelance thing. For more details go to Off Topic where we have a Coronavirus serial thread and also one for Latin America in which random Europeans and Americans express verbal support for the local dictators of their choice just to pat themselves on the back about how revolutionary they are even though they don't speak the language or know what the policies they support are.

15. Vuldacon

I can at least see but not near as good as I did when I was younger (Much better than 20/10 with extreme micro vision ability). The Sacks(vitreous) in both my Eyes pulled away from the Retinas a few years ago (“vitreous detachment”) and that caused me to see many anomalies that I still have not gotten accustomed to seeing. During my Early Days in the Dental Profession, I could see a Dust Mite with my eye sight. Now I do have some frustrations but can see well enough to endure and continue.

...as I believe I have posted before, Eleanor Roosevelt coined the true statement "Getting Old is Not for Sissies" :sad:

It is all a matter of working with what one has but I will at least have Cataract Surgery when possible to help and I hope within a Year.

16. Takhisis

Aaaaahhh, this suddenly explains your propensity for ghastly sights, big creepy crawlies, and obviously evil scientists in your scenarios. :p

17. WildWeazel

WildWeazel Yeah, well... Supporter

@MeteorPunch Another vote for more Civ3!

@Takhisis I think what you were trying to say was... unemployment is butts. Could I buy you a pizza or something?

@Vuldacon Glad to hear you're still doing well enough. That was some impressive vision.

Kyriakos likes this.
  18. Takhisis

A pizza? :yumyum: It'd probably get cold, assuming it wasn't confiscated in Customs, so better not.

More seriously, my personal situation is not that bad. I'm still living with my parents at age 30, the university refuses to issue me my degree even though I passed my very last final exam around July 2018 (they're stalling on everything using the coronavirus as an excuse) so some work I might get I'm not legally allowed to, and I have virtually no savings. But we own the flat and we're weathering it and the freelance stuff is actually a net contribution.
    The problem remains, of course, that Argentina's new government has, in less than a year, managed to mismanage the country into societal collapse, but that's nothing that can be helped for now. :(

19. Vuldacon

Takhisis... sounds as if you are living in the U.S. However, I do Understand and Wish You All the Best as you continue through these "Atypical" Days.

AS for my Profession, yes THAT probably has much to do with my Visual Introspection and Graphics... You should see the Zombie "Critters inside someone's Mouth! :eek: :lol:... Of course a Vivid imagination and propensity for outlandish Art Work might have a little more to do with it.

Seriously Though... I am quite certain for the most part "things" are NOT Great anywhere in the World for people now.

I hope everyone will "hang in there" and maintain the best they can until these Bad Days are past us... and IF you can at least do your part to NOT Spread the COVID-19, that will help.

... So, in the mean time, play some games for a Fun and forget it all for a Brief Reprieve.

It will all be Better... I am just Very concerned about the situations for many Family, Friends and People in general NOW.

I will get off this Undesirable Topic and go with something that is at least Not a Reminder of what we All Already Know.

20. Kyriakos

Kyriakos Alien spiral maker

Hopefully by Spring this may be mostly over. At least that is what one would like to think...