1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Mega Story II: The Unfreezing Discussion

Discussion in 'Fall from Heaven Lore' started by cypher132, Mar 7, 2010.

1. Zugvogel

Zugvogel Knight Errant

I think there was a short news about a volcano erupting there...a few months back. Maybe this is ist?

2. lemonjelly

lemonjelly Modding For Ethne

ornom0n: well, its a secret :p

Unless cypher132 cares to explain :p

3. Zugvogel

Zugvogel Knight Errant

I think I have puzzled it out. Forget what I said about a volcano. I think it's the Ashen Veil temple doing...well...something xD

(wildly guessing, but it would fit geographicaly and at least one civ has responded to this world update.)

4. ornom0n

ornom0n Chieftain

Yeah that would probably be it. Balseraphs are on their way to the temple as we speak. :O

5. Elder Methyl

Elder Methyl Chieftain

I finally recieved the activation Email. Anyway, I'd like to play the Bannor, if you'd let me. Here is my starting story, I hope it's good:

Lord Commander Constans had returned to the palace of Warrior's Promise, so named because of his proclamation that as long as it stood, Mazrea will never be threathened by another period of suffering. He had been among the scholars at Eagle's Haven, debating on the properties of the white slab they found there. Shortly after, he had made a series of surprise inspections to the new mines in the northern mountains to see if decent production had begun yet. He later made several trips to the east in response to rumours of the Bannor's old capital, and the Holy of Holies where the Angel Sabathiel still waited to resume communion with them.

He had failed to find it. He came back to the palace with his retinue, hoping at least that the Council had kept order in his abscence. He hoped wrong. The forces in the west had encountered the Ngomele, a race of gnolls who had returned to savagery after Auric's reign, and the Kuriotates, who haven't. In a move that he considered idiotic, the Council had started a series of skirmishes against both factions, culiminating in a battle for an iron city, which the Kuriotates won. They had been busy massing armies for a conquest of the west when he had returned.

"Foolishness! Rank foolishness!" After hearing the news, he had called together the Council and told them excatly what he tought of their doings.

"But, they were abdominations! And people who consorted with abdominations!"

"Did they worship demons? Toy with the borders between life and death? Attempted to bring another unnatural winter to Mazrea?"

"N-No, but..."

"Then they were not abdominations! Only people who do those deeds deserve that label."

The councilman who had argued with him slumped back in his seat, defeated.

"The mountains are rich with their own metals! There are fertile lands to the east and south lived on by no one except barbarians and greenskins! Why spend our strength on dedicated foes on the west, when we could be winning an empire that would save the world?"

The rest of the councilmen were now attentive, ready to recive orders from the greatest warrior since the Age of Rebirth.

"Envoys are to be sent to the Iron City. They will acknowledge it's conquest, and propose a treaty that would allow trade between our nations and free rein for them in the west. At the same time, send a force to the island just southwest of our city, and have them build fortifications in order to secure our position against the gnolls. The scholars at Eagle's Haven are to be both watched and encouraged to rediscover the secrets of magic and restore communion with Junil. We need to strengthen ourselves, we cannot be cought off-guard."

"We must have victory." He then left, black cloak trailing behind him.

((OOC: Can there be multiple Altars of the Luonnotar in Mazrea? That was what I intended the white slab to be, but I can use it differently depending on your answer. Anyway, I hope I did well!))

Edit: Accidentally made the post before I even finished half of it. Here's the full story.

Edit 2: I hope I do better next post. This one wasn't as good as I imagined it.

6. lemonjelly

Well, cypher132 has been missing recently, and I don't know what to do about this MS.
    If enough people still want to participate, I'll carry it on, but, if nobody's interested, it will just have to die I suppose.

But, until there's enough people decided on one, yeah, you can take the Bannor.
    I liked that story :)

7. Elder Methyl

Elder Methyl Chieftain

Thanks! Now, time to build an empire!

8. ornom0n

ornom0n Chieftain

I love this rp story, even if majority of people are inactive and Cypher is missing. So please, I'd want this to continue.
    Going to make a short status update.

9. lemonjelly

I'm still here, but it doesn't seem to be very active.
    Half of the players never update, and 0.5 of the running team are missing.

If I let this one die, I'll start another one, with only me as the GM, but it will probably run different.
    I'd want a more content-oriented game, and would only use my GM status for map updates and stuff probably, but, if the majority of people want to carry on with MSII, then, I'll carry it on with you :)

10. lemonjelly

ANYBODY WHO IS TAKING PART IN THIS MS, OR INTERESTED IN A MS, PLEASE GO ON THE #erebus CHAT:
    HERE

11. Zugvogel

Zugvogel Knight Errant

Hello everybody,
    just wanted to say that I am still alive. I ve been travelling France for the past weeks. I. Thought I had informed Jelly via pm but I just checked my outbox and saw that there was no Message. Either I forgot or it wasn't send. Dorsn t matter anyways. Unfortunately, I won t Be able to Write for another 2 weeks, I m currently on an AirPort , waiting for à plane to Spain. I am still interested in Mazera and ld like to continue the current Story.

Ps: Hi Methyl, I ll Write à Response As soon As possible.

12. Elder Methyl

Elder Methyl Chieftain

Thanks! I really love your work.

13. lemonjelly

I didn't get a PM, sorry about that :)
    That's okay, but I'm seriously considering starting a new one, we have three writers at the moment, and some of the others either aren't interested any more, or just haven't been one.
    And, without cypher132, I cannot edit the player list or anything :p

14. ornom0n

ornom0n Chieftain

If you would create a new story, what would it be about?

15. lemonjelly

It would be more like the original MS really.
    But, I'll play a civ, and the AI when they're unavailable, only acting as Game Moderator to step in when stuff happens that shouldn't.

There won't be a storyline per say, it'll be more free-flowing, like the first one, where, with little interaction from cypher132, storylines developed, like the Plague, the towers, civ alliances, Brigit, the D'Tesh, the corrupted islands :)

16. Zugvogel

Zugvogel Knight Errant

Hmmm...3 writers...sad but true. We could probably gain editability of the first posts by opening a new, identical thread and copying&pasting stuff there. (Would be even easier with the help of a mod.)

In a new game...I'ld probably once more take the Kurios (I rather like them, they are a an Erebus version of Discworld Ankh-Morpokh in my mind :crazyeye::p) or an individual. But if I take the Kurios, I'ld probably develop them the same way I did in this Ms...might as well use the old posts then ;)

Anyways, I'll probably follow you whatever you decide. But I won't be able to post more frequent than I did in the past.

17. lemonjelly

The thing is, that's another thread, and the forum is already cluttered with cypher132's threads.
    I'll try to move away from the Mega Story thread name though, and if he comes back, he can either start a new thread or take part in the new one.

I have a map, going to use a section of it, its rather big, and scales nicely :)

Heh, I'd rather you change some sections of the stories, may squeeze some civs together so you have to ;)

If you two could get onto #erebus some time, we could discuss things better :)

18. lemonjelly

So, I think I should make it clear: a new Mega Story will be starting soonish.
    I need to finalize some details, like the name and what civs will be in at the start ect, so if you can get on chat, we can discuss. Once its open, I'll place ads in the lore threads in certain forums, and try to convince some more writers to get involved.

19. Zugvogel

Zugvogel Knight Errant

Well, a new story it shall be then. I agree with you, however, that my version of the Kurios was rather...unique. To phrase it politely. I'll then probably go with an individual character, if you permit them. I'm afraid the chat is off-limits for me right now, I ve got a very limited internet time as it is. All I can do is try to drop in here once a day or very two days. Sorry.

Ps: The new map looks very interesting :)

20. lemonjelly

I just meant, instead of copying and pasting, make them different?
    I like what you done with them, and I like the unique ways people view different civilizations :)