Mega Story II: The Unfreezing Discussion

cypher132

Emperor
I know, I know. I've made a lot of threads, but I really don't care. This thread is for discussion of MSII, also known as Mega Story II: The Unfreezing. Comments here will be OOC and people who are not involved in the story can supply feedback. If you have any questions, you can ask me in this thread. If you have any complaints or problems, you can bring them up in this thread IN A CIVIL MANNER and we'll attempt to smooth things out and making it fun for all. I don't want this to taper out like MSI, so I would appreciate feedback. Users who are involved in MSII, this is the place to discuss OOC about things that are happening. Let's hope this works and doesn't fail dismally.

Here is our first questions.

Do you feel like any civs may have been left out? If so, explain which one and why it should be in MSII.

Are there any concerns or questions you may have that prevents your from joining MSII? If so, explain what they and we'll attempt to help you.

If you would like to join, there is a list of civs that have not been claimed. They will be at the bottom of this. Simply post that you'd like to be that civ and post your beginning story. I'll put you down as their owner.

Thank you, and I hope to hear from you.

No one has anything to say? That or I just need to draw interest to this. This thread is for people to discuss MSII. Users who are playing or just lurkers are welcome to post here. I'll be here to answer questions and all that. We'll just see what happens.

Well, then let me be the first to take up the discussion. ;)

To your question: No, I think the Civilizations present are good the way they are. If anything, I think the Scions of Patria could be added. No specific reason other than that I like their lore and the fact that they probably can spawn anywhere at any time, wherever the bottomless tomb opens up.

But I've got another question: Is there a "storybook" or plot you intend to play out? A direction you'll influence the Civs development by events, apart from balancing issues? Or is it all open?

It's mostly all open, but I do have some overall story arcs in place just like I had in MSI.

I have a question- when should summonable civs enter the game? I imagine the first ones would be the Infernals and Frozen, with the Mercurians entering later. But around when from now?

This seems like a good place to ask. As a rough estimate, whereabouts on the tech tree are we now? If Lanun have OO religious units, and Amurites near the elemental magics, what would be about good to claim at this point?

This seems like a good place to ask. As a rough estimate, whereabouts on the tech tree are we now? If Lanun have OO religious units, and Amurites near the elemental magics, what would be about good to claim at this point?

That's not really an OO religious unit. I found that picture on the forum and found I could use it. We're about.. I'd guess about 100-120 turns in. We're likely entering the tier 2 techs.

I'm not dead!!

As far as timescale, after my current extremely narrative story arc I do have ideas how to actually make the Luchirp look like a civilization. We'll just see if I get there. My current arc will just have to be 'back in time' from where the present action is.

As for pt.2, is my weird spell too weird? Am I setting a good tone for the two dwarven races?

Le sigh ... RL et AL has kept me from the thread ... le sigh.

I suppose I could ret-con something about the Mazatl, but other than that, they have construction and archery ... mainly constructoin ... working on engineering, as they are building their pyramids.

Hmm ... like what? like they had just now appeared from the caves, and are just now starting?

Or do you mean new as in abandon the mazatl and take up some new civ.

Or do you mean assume people are on the same page with what I had planned for the Mazatl, and simply start from where they are currently?

In any case I probably won't be able to right anything to at least as late as Sunday. Maybe Saturday, but most likely after this weekend.

I like the song, Zugvogel. Definitely civlopedia worthy.

'Bout 1/2 done w pt. 3, still slow. I've been writing from the Khazad perspective but plan to lean off them once the Luchirp complete this story arc. Or not. we'll see. I intentionally left certain things ambiguous, such as the name of their Underground Capital (seemed lame to call it New Khazak or some such) but I've grown weary of having to refer to 'The Capital' repeatedly. Like in 24 when they constantly refer to "That mideast country".

I like the flavor factoids dropped by Dean & the gm's such as, 'some ppl were ageless during the ice age', etc. Will incorporate that.

Hope you finish your tale TC 01. I'd like to read how it comes out.

I'm sure there's something good in the works for the Lanun/ v. Grigori/ v. Comillo standoff.

Yes, pt.4 will feature an appearance by Hammerhead.;)

Thanks a lot, that's really a big compliment. I'm also intrigued how the Grigori/Lanun war will turn out. A shame the Kuriotate are located a whole world away and there's no way to interfere there. ^^

However, I am right now wondering which plotline I should use Taryl of Twelth, my favourite little Scout for...shall I send him north to fight the Orcs? Let him pursue that odd tidbit about the metal city? Incorporate him in a story about Orc integration? Let him meet the Drown once more? So many options, so little time :crazyeye: Any suggestions/preferences? (Either way, I am going to introduce a new POV-Character some time relatively soon)

Thanks a lot, that's really a big compliment.
Aww.
I'm also intrigued how the Grigori/Lanun war will turn out. A shame the Kuriotate are located a whole world away and there's no way to interfere there. ^^
And I'm underground!!
However, I am right now wondering which plotline I should use Taryl of Twelth, my favourite little Scout for...shall I send him north to fight the Orcs? Let him pursue that odd tidbit about the metal city? Incorporate him in a story about Orc integration? Let him meet the Drown once more? So many options, so little time :crazyeye: Any suggestions/preferences? (Either way, I am going to introduce a new POV-Character some time relatively soon)
I'd like to hear about this metal city. btw, I re-read your 1st arc and it definitely grew on me. Must have had my net-skim vision on last time. I liked in the end part about 'heroic deeds seeming like madness at the time.'

Edit: forgot to mention this but I think Lemonjelly's map is great. really aids in the brainstorming.

Well, either of you could always write a story of a Grigori galley or wanderer making it's way to your shores by storm or sail, if you wish. I'd certainly play with it as it interests me. There's also always the matter of the Head of Cassiel and the person looking for the relics, which I left for others to play with...

FIRST MEGA STORY II POLL

Infernals

What are your thoughts on the Infernals having a second wave at Erebus. Simply quite this mess and put Yes or No in bold or your vote won't be counted. Thank you and :):):):) you all. Lovingly, of course.​

Yes...but not yet. :p

Off-Poll:

No really...Pedia-worthy is a big word. Anyhow...I think I'm going to take on the Iron City, force a contact to the Ngomele and Bannor. (though, them being non-players so far, no one will really respond. But I'm good at talking with myself. ^^)

Edit:
By the way...good idea with the constructive criticism...please go ahead and correct me, I'm one of these sordid non-native-speakers ;) (Seriously, please feel free to do it)

Top Bottom