1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Mercenaries

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Mod Components' started by JFD, Sep 8, 2015.

1. hokath

hokath King

Another one,
    TXT_KEY_JFD_UNIT_GREAT_SCOUT instead of Great Scout for the Shepherds

2. ldvhl

ldvhl ніщо

Another mercenary company suggestion: Belltower from Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

3. Kesler

Kesler Master Kekkler

We have a lot of late game merc groups and references, but do we have anything for earlier? Or do we simply prefer for the referential ones to be end game? :p

4. MasterEcabob

MasterEcabob Warlord

How about the Unsullied from Game of Thrones for a Pikemen merc group. Give them march or a defense when fortifying boost to represent how tough they are.

Also, I have to second the issue about the instaheal promotion with CBP. Any idea why that is showing up with this mod?

5. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

Quick fix to the Insta-Heal promo. This was actually an obsolete method of dealing with Mercs. not earning promotions (yet needing to choose one when the time came to level), before I realized I could simply negate their XP gain entirely. Somehow, it became available to regulars units. Regardless, its unneeded whatsoever now.

6. zwei833

zwei833 HRE Mercenary

It is unnecessary to download this if I don't use CBP, right?

7. Hypereon

Hypereon He was a Consul of Rome!

Hmm, it seems after latest version I'm getting the Mercenary Contractors completely randomly...
    The units are of correct era in the game, but like, I'm getting Mitsubishi Samurai and Amsaig Tanks, Hashashin Cavalry and etc... :confused:

And after loading a save, my enemy got 3 Foreign legions in the Classical era - what a task to kill! (but I'm not sure it was due to this)

8. zwei833

zwei833 HRE Mercenary

They are extradimensional mercenaries from another timeline or the parallel worlds!:crazyeye::crazyeye:

That's cool! :clap::clap::clap: Why not buy a team of mercenary Panzer to kill them:crazyeye:

9. TheErwO_o

TheErwO_o Chieftain

I am running into a problem when activating this mod:

While using CBP (EUI) and Mercenaries, the Currency Technology disappears from the Tech Tree.

However, Currency is still mentioned in the Civilopedia, while Trading Posts and Caravansary still require the tech.

I did set JFD_MERCENARIES_COMMUNITY_BALANCE_PATCH to 1.

10. Senteliks

Senteliks Warlord

Same problem as The ErW , unless it's intentionally disabled.

Spoiler :

11. AxGrinder

AxGrinder Chieftain

I was able to get Currency to appear by moving its GridY from '5' to '7'. I suspect this is a CBP-specific-need, but it was a pretty simple change to get Currency not to be overlapped.

Another CBP-specific conflict, perhaps, the TECH_HORSEBACK_RIDING, is this intended to be linked to Animal Husbandry (I would think), Agriculture, or none of the above? I tied it to Animal Husbandry, but in CBP, this is now labeled as 'Trade.' Tech may be being used at cross-purposes.

Last, I've tried thus far has TECH_JFD_MERCENARIES appearing. Its Unit and Building appear on Iron Working and Construction as per above. The tech is supposed to have a pre-req of Currency, and Trapping is a pre-req of it?. I feel like I'm missing something major here.

12. MasterEcabob

MasterEcabob Warlord

Hey, is there any way you could give mercs a negative promotion if the units start to die? Like, if you buy five spearmen mercs, and you get three of them killed, the other two would loose morale and fight less effectively or cost more to keep. I always think of mercenaries as fighting for the profitable side of the conflict, and typically switching sides when the war goes against them. Slaves would be immune to this, of course.

13. Natan35

Natan35 Mayor of St. Natansburg

So... Can I be Goliath? Also can we get kerrigan as a mercenary? I guess Slaganz(from his most modelicious modjesty's Germans) would fit him perfectly.

14. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

Minor bugfixing update to Mercenaries:

• Minor code-fixing.
    • Fixed an issue where untaken Contracts were being reset on game load.
    • Fixed issue with CBP compatility.

I'm intentionally not making content updates to Mercs., Piety, CulDiv, or ExCE, as I want to keep focused on my civs for a bit, but I do still intend on adding new Contracts (including for the Varangians, Black Riders, etc.) in the future.

15. Natan35

I'm getting a CTD at times with that mod... My game would crash on "configuring mod data" when enabling the mod. The weird part is, that it doesn't happen all the time. Only after I update the CP, and it only started after Gazebo added the downloader.

16. Fedatur

Fedatur Warlord

Seems that interaction with ExCE is not yet ready but I found intresting bug that allowed me to hire tribal units. So when I tried this mod several times I noticed that same contracts sometimes give different units like unique one (I guess it was intended so). I was able to hire Ninjas instead of Shepherds I think, even without tribe that give Ninjas. Funny thing that it worked well, right until I saved game and quit. When I returned to the game all my Ninjas turned into spearmans.

17. Natan35

I get the feeling that's a bug with ExCE rather than Mercs.

18. Fedatur

Fedatur Warlord

I decided to test Mercs. with Terracotta Army wonder. So I opened contract with Ten Thousand (4x Spearmans) and Bessi Warband (1x Battering Ram). I played for Anishinaabe so normaly I won't have Battering Rams. After I built Terracotta Army I got 1 Spearman (instead of 4 spearmans) and 1 Battering Ram that didn't disappeared after contract ended (so they are not mercs.) I don't say there is any problem just intresting how you can using Terracotta Army have UU that you normaly won't have.

19. Ryan_Blackarrow

Ryan_Blackarrow Chieftain

First of all, thanks for an awesome mod. But I'm facing some trouble using it. In case of gameplay it works correctly but when I go to the tech tree, the tech at I'm currently researching as well as available techs are not highlighted, they all look the same. Moreover, the items that are unlocked with the tech are not displayed. Did someone have the same problem and could provide a solution? Thank you very much.

20. SULOMON

SULOMON Mod Civs Best Civs.

Terracotta Army gives 1 of each unit you have. It doesn't double your units.