[MERGE] KROME Beta: K-Mod 1.31 and RoM 1.03 Extended

I now have access to the SVN. I am assuming I don't have update access, nor do I need it. At least not until I have something to put in there. ;) With a bit of work whatever I add to KROME should also be usable in RoM-AND.

Just to let you know, this is still in development but now Jtanner will be alone until 15 september.

I do still work in KROME and want to continue with the project but an accumulation of personal & computer problems have lead me to the inactivity...

My GPU has recently died and I can't play a game more than a few minutes and windows have some serious problems since it randomly closes programs at some point.
I'm also preparing my next course as physics major before I already planned because of some changes in the calendar, so I will be free (and back) from 15 september to 1 october but now this is hell.

I'm sorry about these things, but I can not do so much... except upload to the repository the things I already did.

I have told Jtanner to continue the development until I come back and we can work together.

I'm sorry about this, but I can not do anything until that date... And seriously, don't worry. This will not be abandoned, but other things have priority now.

@Jtanner
I've been thinking about what modcomps would fit well in KROME, keeping in mind that they would need to be high quality, popular, and add significant strategic depth without sacrificing speed or adding bloat. Here's a short list of the ones that I had in mind and a brief reason why.

1.) Dale's Combat Mod v2.2 -- Reason: Lots of combat mechanics!
2.) SUPER SPIES v1.6 -- Reason: Spy promotions!
3.) Advanced Diplomacy 2.1 -- Reason: Lots of diplomatic mechanics!
4.) Super Forts 1.12 -- Reason: Upgrades forts to claim territory and resources!
5.) Advanced Unit Automations -- Reason: Adds lots of automated actions for units!
6.) Multiple Production / Multiple Research -- Reason: Makes and overflow more useful!
7.) Mountains: Back to Service -- Reason: Passable and workable mountains! (Note: for this one you'd really need to get it out of AND. As is it doesn't have a game option, and the mountains are passable from the get-go. AND sets up a tech restriction for moving on mountains and has some cool promotions dealing with mountains. Actually, this is one that I intend to strip out of AND and re-release as a modcomp with the game option and promotions eventually.)

1)It's ok for me, but I do have to take a look at it to be sure about what this is adding.

2)I do want to add more promotions from other mods for anything, so spies too!

3)This is definitely a "yes". The main problem are the conflicts with K-Mod newest versions, so it needs time.

4)Includes AI? I plan to add some choke-points code for forts, so I think at that point we could see what to do! But AI is a priority. I seriously don't consider to add things which have no use for AI.

5)Yes.

6)Of course! I already explained why I disabled it, but it will be added again for sure.

7)The same, it will be included.

haven't tested out the building upgrades yet. I have turned the CANNOT_CONSTRUCT callback back on though. I'll hop into world builder later tonight and set up some test cases.

Standard KROME does not have Multiple Production/Research or Advanced Diplomacy. It's frozen at 0.85b waiting for Isabelxxx. All of the modifications/additions I have made are in the "jtanner28" branch. If Isabelxxx doesn't show for a long time, we'll just call that branch the main and move on. If she does show, then we can have lots of sparkly new stuff to show her.
Be aware it's a bug related to the BUG python files!! Turning Callback on will not fix the problem.
Look for the solution in this thread, since satrapper post some things related to it.

@Joseph
I purposely proposed RoM1.03E as the Content Mod and wanted K-Mod for AI. Rom1.03 Never had REV and I would like to see it kept that way, please.
Same opinion. And again, my aim is to improve the game while maintaining a good AI. Anything not included in that definition is out for me. Or optional.

4. has a history of being abusive. AI will build forts every where and not utilize a resource properly.
I will have to check what can be done... with it, surely Dancing Hoskuld has found the reason.
Also these things can be added without user intervention... I don't like to give AI advantages like putting forts in resources automatically but I do accept things like doing that for both (human and AI).
I mean using the choke-point code for ex.

Forts could spawn at choke-points for player, independent of that mod. That would bring some interesting features not seen in any other mod! Then expanding this to resources (inside cultural limits or something similar) would do the same than the mod while not breaking neither game logic nor AI.

@Dancing Hoskuld:
Wow it (AAranda's custom religions) almost work straight out of the box. However they are from a later version of RoM which has more religions than this one. As I see it there are two options

1) Add the extra religions (Egypt Myth, Zoroastrianism, Helenism, etc) or
2) Remove the references to them from the mod

Which would you prefer?

I prefer 1) like most of the users. Have to look at the game font problem.

SVN v9:
I merged Super Spies v1.6 and employed the temporary fix to building upgrades. I didn't know that there was a newer version of Super Spies out, so I'll be updating that component to v1.8 in the near future. I have not extensively tested the spy promotions yet, but I think there may be a problem in the Sevopedia promotion graph for them.

I also changed the SS promotions to red. I just really liked the red icons in the older versions of Super Spies.

Moving religions out to separate techs was an awesome idea, and I decided to have some fun this weekend implementing it. Guys, feel free to replace the getDiscoveryTech function in CvGameCoreUtils.cpp with the below.

Great prophets will now bulb a new religion all the following are true:
  • At least one unfounded religion exists
  • The civ that owns the prophet can research the prerequisite tech
  • The civ that owns the prophet does not already own a holy city of any religion
In the event that multiple religions are tied and the player can bulb multiple religions, the most advanced religion is the one that is favored.

May I suggest adding in a default priest slot to the monument? In my mod, it's definitely making the game much more interesting.

Code:
TechTypes getDiscoveryTech(UnitTypes eUnit, PlayerTypes ePlayer)
{
	TechTypes eBestTech = NO_TECH;
	int iBestValue = 0;

/************************************************************************************************/
/* phunny_pharmer	                  Start		 09/03/12                                       */
/* Religion Founding                                                                            */
/*   Goal: To make great prophets favor bulbing the most advanced religion available, even if   */
/*     there are other techs available that can be bulbed.  By default, prophets favor founding */
/*     later religions with higher tech costs.  Note that the short circuit is ignored if the   */
/*     player already has control of a holy city, to distribute religions more evenly.          */
/************************************************************************************************/
	if(!strcmp(GC.getUnitInfo(eUnit).getType(),"UNIT_PROPHET"))
	{
		bool bOwnsHolyCity = false;

for (int iReligion = 0; iReligion < GC.getNumReligionInfos(); iReligion++)
		{
			// if the relion has already been founded, don't bulb through this mechanism
			ReligionTypes rReligion = (ReligionTypes) iReligion;
			if(GC.getGameINLINE().isReligionFounded(rReligion))
				continue;

// if the player owns a holy city, don't bulb through this mechanism
			CvCity* cHolyCity = GC.getGameINLINE().getHolyCity(rReligion);
			bOwnsHolyCity |= (cHolyCity && cHolyCity->getOwner() == GC.getGameINLINE().getActivePlayer());

TechTypes iPrereqTech = (TechTypes) GC.getReligionInfo(rReligion).getTechPrereq();
			if(GET_PLAYER(ePlayer).canResearch(iPrereqTech))
			{
				int iValue = GC.getTechInfo(iPrereqTech).getResearchCost();

if (iValue > iBestValue)
				{
					iBestValue = iValue;
					eBestTech = iPrereqTech;
				}
			}
		}

if(eBestTech != NO_TECH && !bOwnsHolyCity)
			return eBestTech;
	}
/* phunny_pharmer	                  End		 09/03/12                                       */

for (int iI = 0; iI < GC.getNumTechInfos(); iI++)
	{
		if (GET_PLAYER(ePlayer).canResearch((TechTypes)iI))
		{
			int iValue = 0;

for (int iJ = 0; iJ < GC.getNumFlavorTypes(); iJ++)
			{
				iValue += (GC.getTechInfo((TechTypes) iI).getFlavorValue(iJ) * GC.getUnitInfo(eUnit).getFlavorValue(iJ));
			}

if (iValue > iBestValue)
			{
				iBestValue = iValue;
				eBestTech = ((TechTypes)iI);
			}
		}
	}

return eBestTech;
}

Thanks for the great mod, and keep up the cool work!

Is this for Limited Religions? What if I want Multiple Religions?

JosEPh

Is this for Limited Religions? What if I want Multiple Religions?

JosEPh

When the AI has a Great Prophet and decides to use to "bulb" a tech it chooses the most costly religion tech first if the AI does not have a religion holy city. It does not take into account Limited or Multiple religions.

edit maybe that stuff is at a higher level of decision making. I would have thought it would check for the AI's favorite religion also and gone for that regardless of what any other techs were available.

Dancing Hoskuld, I did not take into account favorite religions. That should be an additional if statement, just have to work out exactly where. Good idea.

Oh, and keep in mind that you should still be able to found other religions "normally", even with this change. You can still research the techs -- I've made no changes there. You can also bulb them if they are the next tech in the great prophet's normal bulbing line. All my change is designed to do is to short circuit the normal mechanic and make prophets favor religion founding if possible.

I am having a bit of trouble getting the extra religions to work as modular in KROME. I have Druidism and Andean sort of working with all the latest graphics. Currently I am reusing founding movies where I don't have ones. It is also slow going because I get side tracked easily.

It's okay. Isabelaxxx is in transition to school and had computer problems like you did. So we're just waiting.

And as you may remember RoM1.03 was pre WOC and adding modular stuff was way different. In fact I think most modders have forgotten what it was like to mod BtS before the WOC team introduced it's modular approach.

I was working on some xml changes to the basic tile improvements (in RoM1.03 the AI overvalued cottages with windmills and waterfall getting "hind teat" as they say) and then updated from the SVN over the top of it and lost it all. :p

JosEPh

The problem is that I can't do it modular. With non-WoC you just have the new whole unit in the mod. However it is the Great Prophet that we are talking about and I want him/her to build the Holy Shrine for the religion. Having the GP defined in each religion just ends up with the last one taking precedence over all the others meaning that the GP can only build the standard and last religion's Holy Shrine. Changing it for all religions will just cause XML errors if you decide you don't want all in the game. So it becomes non modular. :(

Either way, I suppose I could make them ready for the new RoM:AND first. Then if KROME eventually supports WoC transfer them.

I have a version which fits the current tech tree and one that adds a new tech as well. The later needs WoC to if each religion is to be optional.;) And no I have not gone the C2C route with the tech tree.:D

@Isabelxxx and jtanner28,

Whats up? Any news to share? Real quiet around here.

JosEPh

No News is Good news???

JosEPh :(

Well Isabelxxx is on the forums. Mostly in the Colonization section for DoaNE and R_and_R.

So her computer is working as she's been making posts about break thrus in Python coding etc.

JosEPh

I should not have been lazy and I didn't ask jt for admission rights to KROME's SVN. There are some things in the xml that could use some tweaks and balancing. Ex. Windmills and watermills are so weak vs cottages. Jungle camps are still not quite right nor are the routes and their interactions with all tile improvements.

It's been my contention that watermills and/or windmills should not remove forests. Always hated that.

Rivers and commerce could use some adjustments too.

Then some new resources could be added into the mix.

And Religions (if DH comes back to it) needs finished. His computer is fixed and he's back to modding C2C.

Maybe this was just a pipe dream?

JosEPh

I am still working on the religions, just slowly. I am starting back with AAranda's original stuff and making sure that we have the latest graphics where possible. This means that Druidism and Shamanism will be very different to what is in C2C. The main problem will be that they wont be optional since KROME wont support that. To make them optional would require KROME to use the WoC standard for XML loading.

I know when RoM went modular things expanded, got updated faster. But that was After REV was merged in.

It's also why I struggled to get someone (Afforess eventually) to help get Jungle Camps included into RoM 1.03 to make 1.03E.

There are several "buildings" from AND/C2C I'd like to see added into KROME.

And I'm waiting patiently for these Religion additions cause I think they're gonna really add to the mod. I really do not care if Druid and Shaman are different from C2C, that's not important to me. Having More choices is.

Will these 2 still be the earliest Religions or will they get moved back a bit? I personally think that Judaism and one or 2 of the others should be as early as what Druid and Shaman are in C2C. But that would involve tech tree realignments and changing prereqs. Some of which I might be able to do if I have a template/example to work from.

I'm happy to see your still interested DH. Thank you so much.

JosEPh :)

Well months are slipping by and KROME is at a standstill. I've PM'd jtanner28 and had no response.

I've talked with Isabelxxx but she's tied up with other things.

I did not get Write access to the SVN and that was a big mistake on my part.

Seems like KROME has become the unwanted mod left in the desert to dry up and fade away. :(

JosEPh :/

Top Bottom