[MERGE] KROME Beta: K-Mod 1.31 and RoM 1.03 Extended

Well months are slipping by and KROME is at a standstill. I've PM'd jtanner28 and had no response.

I've talked with Isabelxxx but she's tied up with other things.

I did not get Write access to the SVN and that was a big mistake on my part.

Seems like KROME has become the unwanted mod left in the desert to dry up and fade away. :(

JosEPh :/

Oh well, I was just starting to look into Krome as someone in AND2 forum suggested that some features should be imported in AND2 but this mod looks more dead than AND2, at least for the moment.

Yeah if I had gotten "write access" I could've been updating some of the xml. Balancing some of the tile improvements.

jtanner28 used K-Mod for the AI, merged it into RoM1.03E (which was basically still the standard BtS AI). RoM1.03E had no .dll so that part didn't have to have a merge.

JosEPh

@jtanner28,

Please respond. Give me the rights to the KROME SVN. Please.

JosEPh

puzzled, you have read-access, just clone it and start your own svn version of it? That's what i did with AND. Sure, same path would nice, but better clone and live than dead mod.

I was debating about doing that very thing. Thanks for the push. :)

JosEPh

How long would it take to merge revDCM into this? I'm almost willing to pay for someone to do it.

@BB,
I have no idea as RoM1.03 the base Mod did not use the WoC Module system.

And why not make it a Mod mod for KROME for those that do not want to play with REV, like ME. That way there is always a choice.

JosEPh

puzzled, you have read-access, just clone it and start your own svn version of it? That's what i did with AND. Sure, same path would nice, but better clone and live than dead mod.

I have not figured out how to do this, not skilled or smart enough I guess. :( Plus I'm :old: and it takes this :old: dog longer to figure these things out. <sigh>

JosEPh

@BB,
I have no idea as RoM1.03 the base Mod did not use the WoC Module system.

And why not make it a Mod mod for KROME for those that do not want to play with REV, like ME. That way there is always a choice.

JosEPh

Eh, nevermind anyway because if it didn't use the module system I'm sure it would end up being a huge pain in the behind. Sometimes I miss some of the components from the REVDCM mod, not necessarily the revolutions themselves but the religious wars with the inquisitions and such.

I just have to figure out how to clone KROME on the SVN just so I can make the simple xml adjustments I feel it needs.<sigh>

But my patience runs thin sometimes on learning new systems w/o a helpful hint or 3. :p

JosEPh

Anyone?

Getting KROME cloned on the SVN in My SVN account would be great. But I just have not figured out how to upload My version of KROME To the SVN. What is GIT? And will I need it to set up the Trunk?

JosEPh

i can't give precise steps (i am using eclipse+github as repository), but you'd need a project on sourceforge. Once you have the project, you should be able to pull down the files(since it is new empty project, there will not be any files) to your local view of the repository

for subclipse(subversion client; i don't like tortoise) i use a url (http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/sourceforge/wiki/Subversion)

https://PROJECTNAME.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/PROJECTNAME

from svn view to add location of the project. After that you can create whatever files you want (copy paste all krome files in) and then right click gives you 'check in' option, which pushes all the files to sourceforge. More about subclipse

http://realsearchgroup.org/SEMaterials/tutorials/subclipse/

I like working in eclipse and then checkin in files from it rather than using external program ie tortoise.

@gdambrauskas,

Thanks! This should help clear some of my confusion.

JosEPh :)

Well my attempts to clone KROME have been feeble and futile.

If Isabelxxx would come back then some progress could be made. We've PM'd each other once in the last 3 months but no action has been taken. She's just too busy with school and other things.

This version of KROME is playable but further development is basically dead.

Sorry.

JosEPh :(

Well my attempts to clone KROME have been feeble and futile.

If Isabelxxx would come back then some progress could be made. We've PM'd each other once in the last 3 months but no action has been taken. She's just too busy with school and other things.

This version of KROME is playable but further development is basically dead.

Sorry.

JosEPh :(

Well, here's my surprise for you; I've been able to clone the latest version of KROME and I've made you admin on sourceforge. I hope everything works as it's supposed to. The new SVN can be found here svn://svn.code.sf.net/p/krome2/krome2 and of course you have access to the code via sourceforge. :)

Thank you 45*38'N.

JosEPh

EDIT: For anyone wanting to D/l KROME2 from the svn this link is the Checkout URL svn://svn.code.sf.net/p/krome2/krome2. If familiar with SVN (used before or using now), make a New folder, rename it KROME2. If you right click the folder the popup menu will have SVN Checkout in the list. Click it and in the URL of repository paste the above URL.

If you have not used SVN before you will need to have Tortoise installed. You can Google it. Choose the version that matches your OS 32bit vs 64 bit.

In the coming weeks I'll be posting an Update for KROME2.

Since jtanner28 and Isabelxxx have disappeared I have had a clone created for KROME.

I will be doing some small xml changes 1st.

I also plan on creating a New thread for KROME2, in the near future.

JosEPh

How far you are with realization of your plans?

Not as far as I should be. :/

I'm trying to merge the jtanner folder inside of KROME to the Main folder. But some of the stuff is new ground, like start screen and such. I tried just deleting the jtanner folder but that cause the Mod to CTD. So it's been for me a kind slow process of comparing his Assets (folder and files) to the main assets.

Without jt's folder the mod is reduced in size by over half. From nearly 400MB to 180+MB in size.

To be honest I got frustrated with it and have not touched it for about 3 weeks. Need to kick my self to get started again. :p

JosEPh

After repeated failures at trying to remove jtanners folder or merging it with the main files I've thrown up my hands in defeat.

I have not touched the mod for over a month. I just don't know enough about modding or how to use the SVN to do this properly.

And today I saw that Isabelxxx is still around and working on DoaNE for Colonization. But nothing for KROME. :(

JosEPh

Top Bottom