Merging Better AI with BUG 3.5

Now that BUG 4.1 is out I have merged it with the latest Better AI. I haven't tested this one- I haven't installed it on my machine yet because I want to finish playing out a game under the previous merge first, but it should be fine. For anyone who wants to give it a whirl, it's at the same location as the previous merge: http://www.tumbolian.org/Civ/mergedmod.zip. As per my previous merges this is for installing both as mods, nothing in custom assets. It just saves people the time of going through the instructions from post #1.

Edit: tested, can start a game and the flag gives the correct mouseover.

BTS crashed when I tried to load the latest BUG (4.1) with Better AI. When I installed Bug 4.1 without Better AI the game works fine.

I used the "Install as a separate mod" merge method, which has worked in the past.

I'm using Vista 64bit. Anyone else having trouble with the latest Bug/Better AI merge?

edit: Solved my problem by using the mergedmod mentioned in the post above mine. Thanks for the file!

I have tried the method given by the OP of this topic, but I have one problem : it seem some text are lacking. For exemple, when I try to shift + alt to indicate my vassal the next target, I have a "SOMETHING_IN_CAP_WITH_UNDERSCORE_AS_SPACE" instead of an english text.

Alos, do you know how to merge better AI with ACO ? Not exactly the most important thing, but since both change the same DLL it does not seem the easier thing to do.

Alos, do you know how to merge better AI with ACO ? Not exactly the most important thing, but since both change the same DLL it does not seem the easier thing to do.

If I can get a compiler up and running I'll do this for you.

If you want to merge them yourself you need to be able to compile a DLL. There are instructions on how to do that in the tutorial forum I think.

Updated my mergedmod zip with the new BetterAI. Seems to work. There's one file that's in both BetterAI and BUG 4.1 and is different between them (CIV4EventInfos.xml) but the only difference between them appears to be one comment line, so it doesn't matter which one you keep.
http://www.tumbolian.org/Civ/mergedmod.zip
That comment line isn't the only difference. There are a bunch of places where the commented one says:
<PythonCallback>applyLandmarkFromEvent</PythonCallback>
instead of
<PythonCallback/>.

My guess would be that if you don't use the one with the comment at the top then you'll miss out on BUG's auto-marking of increased yield tiles.

That was true in the previous version, but is it still true in the most recent ones? I might have read the diff wrong. (Given that I wasn't actually using unix diff but rather Ultraedit's "compare files". Next time, I use cygwin.)

It was true for the version I used at least, which would be the development version with logging enabled from this post and BUG 4.2 from yesterday's trunk.
Unlike Notepad++ which I use, Ultraedit has a nice 'show only differences' feature that should make these differences very easily visible.

download: Better BUG AI (17.11.2009) <- outdated; new version here (25.12.2009)

Well, since BAT is essentially BULL with additional art, the only problem while merging BAT with Better AI seems to be the DLL, just as it is for BULL. I guess one can merge the BAT and Better AI as explained in the first page of this thread, then take MadmanAtw's DLL and replace the BAT's one with it, it should do the trick.

I can't test it for now, BAT 2.1 causing CTDs on my system.

Well, since BAT is essentially BULL with additional art, the only problem while merging BAT with Better AI seems to be the DLL, just as it is for BULL. I guess one can merge the BAT and Better AI as explained in the first page of this thread, then take MadmanAtw's DLL and replace the BAT's one with it, it should do the trick.

I can't test it for now, BAT 2.1 causing CTDs on my system.

thanx, but I think he used pure BUG's dll without BULL in his merge and therefore shouldnt be compatible? Or am I mistaken...

I wish I had! No, I'm still waiting for some other kind soul to perform that merger... though maybe I should try to learn how to. RevDCM has done it- it doesn't work for me for some reason but I seem to be a uniquity in that regard, so you should check it out if you're looking for BULL+BetterAI.

New merger in the same place as the previous ones. ( http://www.tumbolian.org/Civ/mergedmod.zip ) Python callbacks preserved. Enjoy.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but how do I install this? I have tried unzipping it to
C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods and loaded it as a mod, but BUG interface doesnt appear.

download: Better BUG AI (17.11.2009)
tried it and it worked

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but how do I install this? I have tried unzipping it to
C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods and loaded it as a mod, but BUG interface doesnt appear.

I think if you just unzip it into your mods folder it'll create a folder called "mergedmod" there, which isn't what you want- take the contents of that folder (two separate folders called Better AI and BUG_something) and put those in your mods folder, and then load the BUG mod from that, and you'll get the merged version.

It's a good point, future zips will have a readme included. :)

For people wanting XXL World, Better BTS AI 0.82 and BUG 4.2 all working here's what to do:
1) Install XXL World in your custom assets (under My Docs>My Games>Beyond the Sword)
2) Get this (Work of Fuyu) and install it on your Program Files>Firaxis>Civ>Beyond the Sword>Mods. It is the merge of BBAI 0.82 and BUG 4.2 (well not exactly some slightly later revisions)
3) Get my dll which is a simple change in the MAX_CIV_PLAYERS constant to 34.
4)Copy my dll in the Program Files>Firaxis>Civ>Beyond the Sword>Mods>Better BUG AI. Replace the one there after you backup it just in case.

With this procedure you'll have XXL world to always load and in order to play with BBAI and BUG you'll have to load Better BUG AI as a mod

Time to start that Giant 24+ players game :)

Better BUG AI (25.12.2009)
An update with BBAI 0.83 beta dev (with logging enabled) and newest BUG from trunk

Would be really nice if someone could merge BULL though, I liked what I saw when I tried it as part of BUFFY.

edit: removed all old files. And I did merge BULL now. yay me :D

Top Bottom