Mic6 - AWM Pangea

PreTurn: I'd like to have some of the :smoke: that was smoked during the worker jobs. We have many unimproved tiles, yet work outside our territory. We have irrigated grasslands in despotism. We work grassland without cow before grass with cow :crazyeye:
Anyways, we have almost no offensive military, so I switch temple in Nara and settler in Kyoto to swords. Research off - we will get all techs faster via The Great Library in 7. Lux down to 10%.

IBT: Hittites attack Arabs.

350BC: Lose horse to Arab archer, 2nd horse kills archer. Nagoya founded (1-1).

IBT: Hittites raze Medina :goodjob:

330BC: Abandon Avignon.

IBT: --

310BC: Kill a barb.

290BC: Disperse barb camp. Furs colony online. Lux to zero.

IBT: Maya start The Hanging Gardens. Our spear is redlined by a retreating 3-man-charriot.

270BC: Kill Arab spear/settler pair (3-1).

250BC: --

IBT: Spear defends vs. Catharge archer (4-1).

230BC: Sword kills French spear. Horse kills French sword (6-1).

IBT: Sword defends vs. French archer. The Great Library completes (7-1).

210BC: We kill 3 spears and raze Mecca (10-1).

IBT: We learn map making, polytheism and monarchy. We revolt for 2 turns of anarchy. Maya complete The Oracle, Greeks The Statue of Zeus. We need one clown in Osaka during anarchy.

190BC: Upgrade a vet. warrior to sword.

IBT: French close in with 5 swords. We become a Monarchy. Greeks complete The Colossus. Barb uprising near Satsuma.

170BC: We kill all 5 French swords with 3 swords and 2 horses (15-1).

IBT: We learn currency and enter the middle ages.

150BC: Kyoto needs some chops to produce 10spt while growing. Osaka should get a court I guess - maybe even rush it now. We run 10% lux for Osaka alone atm. It may be time to get some settlers now, but we needed military first on my turns. Do not forget about the barbs.

EDIT: Imho the "stack" in the sw is big enoug to kick the Arabs out and I think we should do so after it is united and healed.

Hitties attack Arab? That's cool. :)

I haven't looked at the save, but we need to focus on France I guess? I would also send some swords and cats to get rid of Carthage.

microbe - on deck
damanakho
6thGenTexan
grs
el_filet - up

Hmm, we do not even have a single cat. We are not in a bad position, but we are short of settlers too. I would fight a holding action vs the slow moving French swords, while removing Catharge and Arabia seems a good idea as settling the territory the Cathagians would normally have settled.

will get and play it tonight

our position seems pretty good to me:
holding back france, carthago OCC, arabs small and at war with hittites

i'd like to hear from the team were to send our attack forces. carthage seems irrelevant, we can build around it. arab takes some forces of the hittites, i believe france is the bigger threat.

notes for playing:
barbs!
settle carthagian lands (better settle our 1s ring cities, see my next post)
some cats
attack ???

@El_filet France is who we need to set back a little. Send the Army that direction.
@Microbe re: CoL I'm used to going for one more tech before the free ones start.

The lack of cats is due to us being on the attack. We were fortunate to win the early warrior battles with Carthage to render them a non-factor. Everyone else is some distance from us and we are taking the fight to them. I vote for more horses and settlers.

We don't need catapults if we manage to mass produce horses...
at the moment all we need are few spears to garrison and lots lots lots lots of horses...
It just takes too long time with swords and catapults to travel around.

Horses really rock in this kind of game.

i added some spots do microbes dotmap.
deliberatly loose built with 3 tiles distance to cover a lot of land with few unit-trading cities.

intend to priorize yellow, light blue and red dot. afterwards building cities toward french (black, orange, light green) to enable us to catch most of the arriving forces on one point (ok two points: light green & mountain S). that is if there are still french forces until we build all those cities...

Attachments

• Mic6-cities.jpg
    Mic6-cities.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 166
i just did the whole map while i was on it. that waste wheat certanly need another look, but i'll have plenty of time to do that. the point was to see if you agree with my planned expansion during my turns.

i'll take a look at the save and if there's a good chance to get rid of the arabs i'll try.

want to get it, but it doesn't work. had some problem with posting today too...
intended to start playing in about 2 hours anyway, so i'll get it later tonight.

150 BC (0):
tokyo: horseman->settler
kyoto: swordsman->horseman
nara: swordsman->spearman
edo: horseman->archer (barb/carth)
osaka: courthouse->market (lux for osaka->courthouse?)

IBT:
barbs toward arabs
babylon builds ToA

130 BC (1):
nara: spear->spear
nagoya: barracks->archer (barb/carth)
kill france spear
france force is stronger then expected, arab force stays in arabia
rush osakas market

IBT:
barbs i expected south of satsume arrive at furs colony :(
maya start HG
maya start GW
hattusas builds GW

110 BC (2):
osaka: market->collosseum (can use one city woth horse every other turn)
tokyo: settler->spearman
kagoshima: spearman->archer
find out arabs fight mayas too
find some more barbs
rush archer in edo
rush spearman in kago

IBT:
spearman stops 4 barbs before falling->furs destroyed
copan builds HG
mayans&french start MoM

90 BC (3):
Satsuma: settler->worker
kago: spear->archer
france city destroyed

IBT:
barbs die attacking kago

70 BC (4):
[/B]destroy damascus with army, -5HP (2g, 2 workers)

IBT:
-

50 BC (5):
kyoto: settler->horse
edo: worker->spear
nara: spear->horse

IBT:
tours build MoM
hettite settler in arabia

30 BC (6):
build izumo on yellow -> barracks
tokyo: spear->spear

IBT:
lot of units arrive in arabia (3 JagWar, 4 3Men, 1 archer(hit))
bab city expands borders

10 BC (7):
build nagasaki on black dot -> barracks
fur colony rebuilt
realize we're religous and change col to heroc epic

10 AD (8):
kago: archer->settler

IBT:
fighting around narjan

30 AD (9):
nagoya: spear->horse
raze rheims, nets 4 workers

IBT
lose vet horse on volcano against hittite archer (sorry)
about 6 bars attack our army :confused:
mayas conquer narjan and eliminate arabs
republic from maya/babylon

50 AD (10):
kyoto: horse->horse
tokyo: spear->horse
nara: horse->horse
build yokohama on orange dot -> cat
destroy barb camp

notes:
used twice a elite unit for barbs :wallbang:
three sword prepared for assault on orleans (unfortunately in the open field)
a lot of unit fortified for healing (franc/arabia)
slaves in france neant to be used for attack road
slaves in jungle: suggest to unite and build/connect dyes (the one in the west, east one to close to babs)
2 archers in north ready for barb attacks (nessecary?)
the units in arabia are still there (i believe arab could kill only 2)

I've loaded the save.
Why are we at peace with Babylon????? :confused:
We are supposed to play Always war game, aren't we?

Preturn: I check out Babylon. It appears to be advanced and has Feudalism and Engineering on us. I establish embassy with them just to see where they are. It's in far east. Babylon has a temple and ToA, 4 spearmen, one lux, and no iron or horses. It's building Sun Tzu's in 53 turns with 2 clowns and 10spt. So I declare.

I don't quite like our scattered forces. Our force needs to be in one stack. And we have some spears wandering around our territory without knowing what to do. If you want to move to the enemy, group them, not one by one several tiles apart.

Our workers are also scattered..we should group them.

IBT we get Feudalism and Engineering. Upgrade a few spearmen.

(1)70AD:

I switch Kyoto to market. We need military but also infra.

@Orleans:
vet sword 3/3 kills spear.
vet sword 1/3 kills spear and we raze the town.

(2)90AD: moving.

IBT our 3MC appears at Tour and kill our horseman.

(3)110AD: Elite sword kills a 3MC and gets a leader. I might should have kept Orleans as now we have to send it back for an army. Hores pillages iron.

IBT France drops a sword next to Yokohama. We have a spear there, and the bad thing is that the road isn't completed yet! :mad:

(4)130AD: See a Greece AC (but regular)! He has tech parity so I just declare.

IBT our town holds, but barb horses kill our elite spearmen and our 3 slaves. That's why I hate remote wars.

(5)150AD: we create an army. What to fill? I'll build some MDI and put 2 MDIs plus a pike.

(6)170AD:

@Tour:
vet sword 4/2 loses to spear.
elite sword kills reg spear and gets another leader!
elite horse 5/2 loses to spear.
elite horse 1/2 kills spear.
elite horse 0/2 kills spear and we capture Tours with MoM.

I keep the town for now as I want to create an army right away.

Horse army kills a bowman sitting next to Tours.

(7)190AD: kill a bowman.

IBT our elite horse at Maya is finally killed. Heroic Epic is completed. Osaka starts a temple as it needs a taxman.

(8)210AD: sword army kills two spearmen and razes Eulbar. Abandon Tour and move to Paris. Elite horse 3/3 kills spear/settler pair.

(9)230AD: Kill another French settler pair. Found the gems town.

IBT lots of barb horses appear next to our gems town.

(10)250AD: Rush an MDI and treb. Block the pillaging spear. Rush walls in our gems town.

Horse army kills spear in Paris but drops to 5hp. It needs reinforcement before it could attack.

Note: we have a partially filled MDI army. The next turn it should fill another MDI (which I just rushed) and a pike.

Then please start walls in our front towns, rush if needed. We should have done so but in my turns we had more shields on other things already.

Those barb horses are very annoying. We have 3 workers close to it which I wanted to road, but before we clear those barbs we couldn't.

Kyoto and Osaka will complete its infra next turn. Osaka could then get 15 shields and work as a 2-turn pike or horse factory.

Our sword army is healing. AI units are close to us now.

Note:

We spent too much time walking a long way to attack AI without claiming the territory, which only makes nearby AI stronger. We need to focus on expansion first. Let's play defensively until our border reaches AI. If you want to attack, make sure you have enough units in the stack, and eliminate the AI core. Just razing one of two small towns here and there is not too useful.

Of course, sending the horse army to pillage is a good idea.

Settle: red first, then blue, then yellow.

I was avoiding babylon territory, but with getting the republic i should have known i met them...
scattering the army in ex-arab was a mistake. i wanted to overview the land before i decide what to do. in france there were scattered because i killed some wandering units and let my units heal were they were.
what do you think of my outposts? i built them because i didn't want to move the slaves back and like to know whats goin on. the wandering spearman were to defend them. a stack movement would have been better.
for the workers: i scatter them for roads, unite for clearing, mine or irrigation. that is if there are enought of them closeby.

i like to see the market in tokyo built. was thinking about it every time i changed kyoto, but because i was building settlers there (one of the few cities with granary, suggest we build one ore two more) i didn't do it.

blue dot east shouldn't be built IMO. it's just a filling city, we got enough land to fill elsewhere.

expected more cities to be built E of yokohama, so i didn't regarded it as front city.

2 MDI/1 pike army? Don't you want the extra attack bonus? That army give an attack bonus of (4+4+1)/6 = 1 and a defense bonus of (2+2+3)/1 = 1. So it attacks at a 5 (for a while) and defends at a 4.

A 3 MDI army, on the other hand, gets an attack bonus of (4+4+4)/6 = 2 and a defense bonus of 1, so it attacks at a 6 and defends at a 3.

With the AI's unwillingness to attack an army, generally, the extra attack point is almost always worth striving for. I would HIGHLY recommend a 3 MDI army and leave the pike elsewhere.

This is still semi-training, right? :)
Arathorn

I haven't read posts before Arathorn's and now after reading the thread I must say i totally admit with what Arathorn said... :thanx:

It doesn't really make any sense adding a pike to the army.
My vote is for 3MDI army and NO PIKES...

Top Bottom