MIddle-Earth: Lord of the Mods (septa)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The “Replaces all Impr. with this flag checked” is a flag that you can give to buildings, to create a building line. It is used in the Coal Plant\Hydro Plant\Nuclear Plant\Solar Plant, line. We probably won’t have anything near this, and it won’t be as necessary as the defense line could be.

All cities are allowed to build walls. As you know, walls will go obsolete when the city reaches level 2.

Ok, just for the purpose of demonstrating my point, lets say I settled Erebor, and it’s not next to a river, or fresh water source. Thus it will need an aqueduct to reach city level 2.

I settle Erebor, no fresh water source in sight. I build walls to help defend the city. As time goes on, I am able to build an aqueduct. I build the aqueduct, and the wall are now pointless. This is where a new improvement, the ‘keep’ comes in. It requires both walls, and an aqueduct already extant in the city to build. Thus Erebor now gets another defensive building in its city, keep(+50). Later in the late 3rd era Erebor builds the equivalent to a hospital, and is now a level 3 city. I then precede to build a ‘Citadel’, which requires a hospital and keep extant in the city to build.

Again, for the purpose of demonstrating my point, lets say I settled Bree next to a lake.

I settle Bree next to a inland lake. Bree is still struggling to get to level 2, and there are some barbarians messing with it. I build some walls. As time goes along, Bree gets to city level 2. A new tech comes along, and allows me to build embattlements(+10), it requires walls already in the city, and comes later than the building ‘keep’. As soon as embattlements are completed, I am allowed to build watchtowers. They require embattlements in the city and give +20 defense bonus. Then comes guard towers, which requires watch towers. All together, they have give +50 defense bonus. I then reach level three, and to build Citadel#2, I need guard towers.

Because the keep requires an aqueduct, I can’t build the keep in Bree.

The Keep comes earlier in the tech tree than embattlements, and costs less. It is also less effective, and has “Replaces all Impr. with this flag checked” on (the embattlement line also has this on).

The AI will know to build the keep instead of embattlements, just as it knows to build a Solar Plant over\instead of a Coal Plant. I will trust that the human player is smart enough to check the civilopedia to figure it out.

Won’t this work?

Won’t this work?

Just imagine what happens, if you don't build Walls in Bree before you hit level 2.... hint: you are screwed :)

Why do you want to stick to his? It's totally complicated and gives no real benefits. The simple way offers basically the same, and causes no problems at all. Again, you will still have your defenses split in three or four like you want, you will still have defences available only to level 3. So what's the problem?

Maybe your right. I just don’t like the thought of cities with 2 population building Citadels. Nor to rip on Fier Canadians name, it would be just absurd if it was called a Castle. I will check the c3c editor again, (they made significant additions to the buildings tab:) ).

But are we settled on the defensive bonuses? So we can move to the new thread, and I can talk about some different tabs;).

Originally posted by PCHighway
Maybe your right. I just don’t like the thought of cities with 2 population building Citadels. Nor to rip on Fier Canadians name, it would be just absurd if it was called a Castle. I will check the c3c editor again, (they made significant additions to the buildings tab:) ).

But are we settled on the defensive bonuses? So we can move to the new thread, and I can talk about some different tabs;).

I think we are settled on defense values. I'm just against implementation that doesn't work or is needlessly complicated ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom