Middle Earth map (104x96)

maybe you could start a really strong barbarian civilization there so it doesnt hurt any of the players but is still a force to be reckoned with

JDexter said:
Nice map job, hopefully someone will make a good fantasy mod very soon, I ache to play something like the warhammer fantasy mod for c3c with civ4 - but sure, I know, animated units... :(
Ah well, I'll just play regular style for a while ;)

Try out the "Fall from Heaven" fantasy mod. although there are no new units per se, Kael has done fntastically well with his reskinning, and the gameplay is fantastic, with spells and a more RPG feel whilst still being Civ, if yo know what i mean...

Check it out here:http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=148075

mrkingkong

ps.Sorry to threadjack:sad:

Map looks pretty good, but a few things could be worked on...

- Increase the distance between where Minas Tirith and Minas Morgul would be. I know on the movie map that it looks REALLY close, but at least a tile or two back I think would be for the best
- In the area known as Far Harad (southern most tip of the map, between the right edge and the left coast), make jungle terrain. Far Harad is said to be pure jungle down there, and it would also help so a Harad civ isn't stuck in building in desert tiles :lol:
- The realms of Khand I think are supposed to be really hilly. A few more hills probably wouldn't hurt

Besides those things, its great! All it needs is some resources and it'd basically be done :goodjob:

great map! Perfect for the fall from heaven mod. Two thumbs up!
I made a complete scenario off them in world-builder but i couldn't open it! why? I placed a save in public maps and it wouldn't open....
aaah well... nice work!:goodjob:

I found a way to make decent swamps maybe it will be of use to you:

- create lots of small islands with grassland tool with only one water tile between them.
- after that use ocean tool to replace only the coast terrain between the islands with ocean. You will see a nice swamp effect where the grassland sweeps to the ocean
- after that use fallouts over the water tiles to create the fumes over the swamps

I just noticed that screenshot I posted is of a slightly earlier version of the map as there are patches of what look like desert where there are meant to be marshes. My orginal plan was to do the marshes with flood plains as the flood plain texture looks most like a marsh. However, flood plains only get the greenish texture if there's a river next to them so they just showed up as desert. I also didn't want the marshes to be a great place to build cities so I used jungle for marshes instead.

I'm still not sure what to do about Mordor though. I might leave it as it is and move the starting location somewhere else or I could just use another terrain type.

Why dont you put a city in there through worldbuilder (if you havent noticed you can brake the unpassible peak rule through worldbuilder)

Why dont you put a city in there through worldbuilder (if you havent noticed you can brake the unpassible peak rule through worldbuilder)

Almost 3 1/2 years old??:rolleyes:

There is an error in this map. Mordor isn't that terrible. Only they area around Mount Doom is inhabitable but the area near the Sea of Nurn is quite fertile and its the corn camber of Mordor. This is mentioned in the Return of King when Sam and Frodo are in Mordor.

But the map is great, I really like playing it!

Top Bottom