Migrating from Sourceforge

TC01

Deity
I read this today.

FF+ is still hosted on Sourceforge for legacy reasons (and using SVN version control).

I've been increasingly dissatisfied with Sourceforge for a while now, but now I feel like actually doing something about it: anyone have a strenuous objection against migration away from Sourceforge and to probably github?

This has been happening, albeit slowly!

A github organization has been created. I've also set up a moddb page that's pending approval for mirroring the files that (historically) have been too large to upload here.

The svn branches didn't quite import correctly, so I'll go through and fix that manually. (Note that you can use svn to interoperate with git).

Then I might actually even do some work on the mod itself-- the CvPlanet changes (moving some more of that to the DLL) I started last summer and was going quite well, as I recall. There are also random events and similar that I said I would add.

EDIT: Mod DB page is now a thing.

Just another update: the download links here on CFC have been updated to refer to the ModDB mirrors instead of the Sourceforge mirrors, and a github.io page has been created with modified content that used to be on the Sourceforge web hosting page.

Since you have to request that Sourceforge delete a project... I may leave the hosted files intact for the time being, but just not link to them. I would like to at least delete the svn repository there, though.

Top Bottom