Milae Map Scripts

I am getting zero resources on the map using VP 2.0.1

I ended up getting it working, but all the maps created are the weirdest maps I've ever played. This is all on the new patch, is there a problem with it?

Milae, are you around?

I have been having a blast with your Milae's map, and have two questions: if its possible to make a slightly bigger size, and if its viable to guarantee a land connected map. I usually play with 14-16 civs.
Compared to pangea the two characteristics I love on your script: having crossable horizontal water paths in both poles and the large amount of bays that allow to reach more cities with navy. Normally I generate a few times to get the connected landmass, but it feels like cheating knowing the map layout from turn zero :crazyeye:
ps. city states can be on smaller islands ofc :p

Thank you!

I was wondering about this script since i saw few streamers using it, is it working correctly with 3.7?

Does it work correctly with:
"Even More Resources for Vox Populi"

I am playing with this script and one thing I can say is that there is no maize or rice on the map without Even more resources. I believe they are now part of VP.

I am playing with this script and one thing I can say is that there is no maize or rice on the map without Even more resources. I believe they are now part of VP.
Correct me please if i understood right:
In other words, the script was not adjusted to add new core bonus resources? But with "Even More Resources", they are taken from mod, so everything is ok?

Correct me please if i understood right:
In other words, the script was not adjusted to add new core bonus resources? But with "Even More Resources", they are taken from mod, so everything is ok?
Basically yes.

If you set overrideAssignStartingPlots in the options to "no" the script will use all standard resource placement from VP. This includes resources from mod "Even More Resources" as they are compatible with VP and are included in the AssignStartingPlots.lua file in VP and are used if you have that mod active. Also any changes to player/city state/natural wonders placement from the script will be disabled as it is all included in AssignStartingPlots file. So you are probably safe to play with any script that does not override AssignStartingPlots or let you disable this change.

Now if you set overrideAssignStartingPlots to "yes" those resources will still be probably used because Milae based this script on communitu map which already included them but If there were any changes to that mod since Milae last updated this script they might not be applied here. You can also simply generate the map and use mod IGE (in game editor) to check the map if it has everything you want.

In the most recent updates I put overrideAssignStartingPlots to No as default

Having it as No means the mapscripts will always be compatible with any version of VP as it will use the VP code to assign resources/start locations. I think it should work with Even More Resources as well

Top Bottom