MilarNES II: Civilizations of the World

Guys, I have updated the stats. The NPCs have been included, as well as Nuclear Kid's nation and the UUs (some of which have changed price because they were too cheap). Also, this is the new map for Update 1:
Spoiler :

I know that some of you might not have liked that I post the NPC stats so late (2 hours and a half before the deadline), so I'm going to give you 48 more hours so that you can draw up a set of better orders (if you want to change them, of course).

The exact reason NPC's spice things up :evil: I'm going to have to deal with them as well :D

I have no idea what nation you are, assumed somewhere close..

Not just down... ImageShack was hacked by the 'Anti-Sec Movement'? They replaced all images with their little manifesto apparently...?

Wish i'd seen the manefesto

Well, the new deadline ends tomorrow at 6 PM WEST (12 PM EST), and so far I have 9 sets of orders:
Utul
Khambat
Tototl
Maya
Mitanni
Prisma
Eskimogypt
Feicui
Aruhn

Meaning that I am missing:
Holy Arcadian Empire
City-State of Marsi
Yazidi Order
Sessentia

Which I hope to receive soon. I also hope that someone will be willing to join the game and pick any of the NPCs.

Why not allow us to play multiple nations, just as long as they are cradles appart..?

Well, the time is finished! It's certainly surprising that no-one thought of changing their orders after the NPCs were put up, and I was still missing four sets of orders (although Danny is excused, because he told me through private message that he wouldn't be able to play the first turns, so he will be NPCed). I'll start writing up the update right now.

Yay, update soon :D

Africa

In the African continent, several groups of people have banded together, all of them bound with a common culture that makes them unique to the world, imitating what the Eskimogyptian people have done to the east of them. All of them have sprouted near the seas, because even they know that salt is a very important thing for the human people's health, as it prevents dehydration and it makes foods tastier. These peoples' diet mostly consists on cooked meat and fish caught near the coast, but some of them are also starting to reap what they sowed when the hard work they made as they domesticated several kinds of animals pays off in the form of more accessible foodstuffs, as well as mounts that will take them to other places at a faster pace than a human that goes walking. While Berberia and Carania, the westernmost nations in the zone, have started to build up their economy through the creation of structures that will help control those animals, the other two nations have turned to research possible ways to improve it through reforms in either how to obtain different products from other tribes or through the generation of a better way to create fire, which would certainly become useful. Most of them have also started to build up their small-sized armies, as they realise that they might encounter people that will be opposed to them in some way or other, and decide that the military way is the best way to ensure their independence and, perhaps, their own supremacy. Also, the religion that, at this moment, only a few people have been dutifully following are slowly expanding into the rest of the population of these newly-born nations.

Berberia: Expands, starts Migrating Herds (+1 EC) (2/8), +1% Imshal
Carania: Expands, investigates Fire (2/5), starts Stables (+1 EC, +1 Culture/turn) (1/14), +1% Molok
Eskimogypt: Expands, investigates Bartering (4/5), +2% Trianglism
Tripolitania: Expands, investigates Fire (3/5), +1% Elemental Spirits

Asia

In the most populated continent of the world, many people have been doing what was being done in other parts of the world. The new nations have been created in several different points in the region, mainly due to the similarities of their beliefs and, mainly, to defend themselves from others, as they believe that someone is lying in wait for them, ready to pounce at the first sign of weakness. Many here have turned to extracting the products of the land through a careful process of planting seeds, watering them and then, at a certain time of the year, sowing them so that the people may feed itself for a long time (rice is here the most sought after product, as it provides people with lots of foodstuffs, as well as other commodities), but others have turned to domesticating animals under the hope that they will manage to obtain different kinds of food. A few have turned to a similar thing, but instead of domesticating the animals have turned to hunt them, which represents an advantage (time that is not used in taking care of animals may be used for other things) and a disadvantage (it isn't sure that food will be provided). Others have even decided to extract what they need from the sea, using specially built craft – called ships – to navigate the sea and bring many fishes to the people in land. It may be here that the first showdown between different nations will start, and it will probably start with the advent of new improvements, materials and, most likely, lack of space and confronting religions.

Abalonia: Expands, investigates Bartering (1/5), starts Great Farms (+1 EC) (1/8), +1% The Holy Cow
Empire: Expands, investigates Ceremonial Burial (3/5), +6% Ancestor Worship
Feicui Empire: Expands, investigates Fire (2/5), +3% Yu Qiong
Iudea: Expands, investigates Fire (2/5), +1% The Eye That All Sees
Khambat: Expands, investigates Bartering (3/5), begins Agricultural Project (+1 EC) (1/8), +2% Khambian
Ming: Expands, starts Great Rice Fields (+1 EC) (4/8), +1% The Path
Mitanni: Expands, starts The Great Ranches (+2 EC) (1/16), +1% Cavalloism
The Holy Arcadian Empire: chills out (Money banked, +1 strike)
The Yazidi Order: Expands, investigates Ceremonial Burial (2/5), +6% Yazida
Yang: Expands, investigates Bartering (2/5), starts Terraces (+1 EC) (1/8), +1% Blak'n'vuait

Europe

In the European continent, things are far more calm than in any other place in the world (save for those continents that have no human nation, that is), as in parts of the continent no true action is launched by the inhabitants of those nations, one of them in the coast of the Mediterranean Sea and the other in the coast of the Black Sea. Among the other people, the ones in the Iberian Peninsula worked the most in order to arrange their dominance over as much land as possible, although due to their limited resources, not much expansion was possible, specially among the Aruhnites, who didn't do anything specific towards that objective. Meanwhile, all along Europe the main economic activity has been to cultivate grain (mainly wheat, as it is very useful and gives lots of nutrients, but barley has also been present in some places as well), but the Aruhnites have turned to horse rearing, creating a race of very fast and powerful horses that are somewhat considered holy by it inhabitants, and the Atticans have started to extract stone from the mountains and cliffs in their surroundings, and are mainly used to reinforce the houses and other buildings of the inhabitants of the nation.

Arago: Expands, investigates Ceremonial Burial (3/5), +2% Akabarala
Attica: Expands, investigates Fire (2/5) and Fishing (2/5), +1% Attian Polytheism
Nation of Aruhn: Expands, investigates Fire (3/5), +8% Ytrism
City-State of Marsi: chills out (Money banked, +1 strike)
Sessentia: chills out (Money banked, +1 strike)

North America

Finally, in the Caribbean Sea we finally encounter the first chance upon which two different nations have finally met, thanks to a very risky but ultimately successful expedition launched by the Kingdom of Utul, which built up several ships and then sent them along the coast, with orders to settle down in an island that old myths reported to be many miles to the south. On the way, in one stop done by the rowers, they met the people of a small nation called Prisma, which, although they were fairly nice and helped them much, there was an undercurrent of sneakiness that surprised the Utulians, Several months later, one of the lookouts saw land to the south and soon they landed there, settling down in a small town and sending the ship back to the homeland with the news. It was some time later that the settlers met a group of natives that called themselves the Taino, and that had banded together in order to work next to each other and to make sure no stranger attempted to impose their ideology on them. A few low level skirmishes – with no dead people, but some grave injuries – have been fought, but this has been more of a matter of being unable to understand each other, as the Taíno sail north and take control of other island. Meanwhile, in other parts of the continent, isolation from other people has been the main rule, with most of the Yucatán being conquered by the Mayan soldiers and generalised expansion of controlled lands everywhere else.

Azteca: Expands, investigates Bartering (2/5), +1% Quetzalcoatl
Ciboney: Expands, investigates Fire (2/5), starts Port Araw (+1 EC) (2/8)
Kingdom of Utul: Expands, investigates Fire (1.5/5), +4% Utulian Pantheon, meets the Prisma and the Taino
Maya: Expands, investigates Agriculture (4/5), +3% Mayan Polytheism, +1 Culture
Taino: Expands, investigates Fire (2/5), meets the Kingdom of Utul
The Nation of Prisma: Expands, investigates Bartering (3/5), +3% Cannabism, meets the Kingdom of Utul
Tototl: Expands, investigates Hunting (1/5), starts Totco Bridge (+1 EC) (1/8), +3% Xolapan

Special Events
Mitanni: the nation's efforts to attract more people to their lands pay off when the recently arrived people work a lot in the Great Ranches, so that their new nation will prosper faster (+1 The Great Ranches)

The End

@Everyone: I hope that you have liked this format. It is certainly useful, as it helps me a lot, makes for a faster writing and it allows you to know exactly what your people have been doing. Sorry if it doesn't have much meat, but it wasn't as if I had much things to write about.

Map has been attached, or perhaps I should say maps, because I have attached the whole map as well as several smaller maps of each region in the game (Gulf of Mexico, Mediterranean Sea/Middle East, Far East) as well as the map for this update. If anyone wants a bonus for the next update, send me a map with the disposition of barbarians all along the world (light grey for a not very big group and dark gray for organized barbarians).

I will update the stats soon.

Update 2 Deadline will be next 20th July at 6 PM WEST (12 PM EST). Pleast, don't miss it.

P.S: remember, if you accumulate 3 strikes, you're out of the game unless you pick other nation. Please, don't join if you aren't willing to play.

I like the style. Did I get my Theocratic + Monarchy bonus'

Also, if people lose their nations.. just NPC them.. don't delete the nation plz :D

Top Bottom