Military "Pictionary" Game II

No. Older still.
I thought this one was easy. Hint: this person was involved:

I've gotten no responses in 24 hours, so I'm withdrawing the question.

The cliff, which admittedly doesn't look particularly red in the picture, is the traditional site of the Battle of Red Cliffs, also known as the Battle of Red Bluffs or the Battle of Chibi, in 208 AD. This is the battle where the southern warlords Liu Bei and Sun Quan defeated the northern warlord Cao Cao, preventing him from becoming the master of the entire Han Dynasty. This was the decisive fragmentation of the Han Dynasty, and eventually, after the puppet Han emperor was deposed by Cao Cao's son Cao Pi in 220, led to the Three Kingdoms period.

One story goes that Cao Cao's army was on the north side of the Yangtze and was inexperienced at naval warfare. Liu Bei's advisor Zhuge Liang (the gentleman in the picture) set a spy, Pang Tong, into Cao Cao's camp where he posed as a military advisor. Pang Tong advised Cao Cao to chain the shiips of his fleet together, so the army would not get seasick and panic, and basically be able to fight as if they were on land. When Cao Cao protested that this would leave his fleet vulnerable to fire ships, Pang Tong told him that the wind only blew from the northwest that time of year.

Cao Cao chained his ships, the wind shifted, Sun's navy launched their fire ships, and Cao Cao's fleet was incinerated with most of his army. The southern forces then easily defeated the remnants.

so, i can post a pic? Sweet!

Gimme the war and the general date.

Given the palm trees and the dress of the troops manning the cannons, I would guess the Spanish-American war. That would make it circa 1898.

Nope.
(10 characters)

EDIT: ok, i'm gonna pull mine back, as well.
IT's the mexican war, fought in the 1840s under President Polk.
Google people! I typed in War battle and picked the first one i saw worth using...

Excuse me, but no one posted for WEEKS and i do not see the rules on the first page so i don't know it the 72 hour deadline applies - can i post a pic ? :)

What battle is this picture supposed to be from ?

If this has already been asked ... sorry :blush:

Attachments

• pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 107
Top Bottom