Mini-NOTW IX: Carnival House

I would be more than willing to take the tome for now, and I would give it to whoever I deem it would be most useful after identifying it. Hopefully you trust me enough to allow me to do this.

p'raps it is a fing dat shud be worried abaht closer 2 da end. but u hav 2 admit dat it is not a pro-innosent item. it is an item 2 b bought by innosense - as u say, da agents hav no need 4 it - but it only helps da individual. wat i fink is dat sum sort of sistem shud b put in place 4 2 stop innocense bein tempted 2 buy it if fings appear 2 be goin badly, yeh.

1 problem is dat i do not hav all da informashun abaht wat tokins can be used 4. but y shud i assume stuff wat i do not no?

ov course da main problem here is dis: y duz 'bein over eager 2 prevent da tickit 2 freedum from bein akwired' make me a gud candidate 4 da nominashun? unless u r willin 2 vote 4 some1 4 talkin 2 much like choxorn apparintly is.

You certainly do like to talk. You're related to that bastard the King, aren't you?

Anyway. oh loquacious one -- you have an agenda regarding the ticket. You wanted to push your agenda so badly that you spewed threw it out there before even waiting to see if anyone tried to claim the thing in the first place. You know something, so spill it, if it isn't secret Agent knowledge.

yeh right, dat ugly ol jester wants me in his fam'ly but i got standuds innit. i ent goin near no bloke wat dont even clean da turkey leg bones outta his beard.

neway: cleerly i do has an agenda regardin da tickit. but it is an agenda dat u shud all share, dose of u dat is innocense neway - 2 prevent ne1 from purchasin it!

look at da facts, yeh! or ravver, da rules:

The holder of the ticket has their strength discounted for the purposes of Innocent/Agent overwhelmitude

and den dis:

Every time a kill is made, the killer (team regardless) will gain 1 strength unless stated otherwise. If a player attempts to kill another player their strength must be equal or higher to their target. If it is lower the kill will fail and nothing will happen.

so it is even wurse dan i fort! check dis: lets say joe innosent buys da tickit. well dun him. joe's strengf gose down 2 watever it gose down 2.

now wat happens? i tell u: da agents kill joe innosent, becuz joe innosent got low strengf now, so dey can take him yeh. an den watever agent killed joe gets 1 strengf. so lets c wat dat wond'ful golden tickit got us:
  • 8 wasted tokins
  • innocense lose all of joe's strengf
  • dey also lose an innosent nominashun an item vote
  • agents is happy coz dey gets 1 strengf.
i do not c how u r turnin dis into wat u r turnin dis into. da simple fact is dat da tickit 2 freedum is bad news, an da fact dat i felt da need to bring dis up on a slow movin day were all we had 2 talk abaht was a dum pot plant means abaht as much as ur more abstrack paintins do.

ent no1 goin 2 'claim' da tickit, in public like. dat's a 4lorn hope an all. waitin 4 dat wud be equiv'lent 2 sayin nuffink. i ent gon say nuffink if da sumfink i coulda sed is right.

joe's strengf gose down 2 watever it gose down 2.

now wat happens? i tell u: da agents kill joe innosent, becuz joe innosent got low strengf now, so dey can take him yeh.

okay i just been in4med by davina dat dis is not ackcherly da case. joe innosent wud keep his pers'nal strengf but sum of it wud not contr'bute 2 da innosent total. so not as bad as i fort. still not wurf it doh.

now wat happens? i tell u: da agents kill joe innosent, becuz joe innosent got low strengf now, so dey can take him yeh. an den watever agent killed joe gets 1 strengf. so lets c wat dat wond'ful golden tickit got us:

* 8 wasted tokins
* innocense lose all of joe's strengf
* dey also lose an innosent nominashun an item vote
* agents is happy coz dey gets 1 strengf.

Right, sweetheart. You've already admitted you got the second point wrong (and the fourth is based on it); the third is also wrong (there's nothing anywhere that says the holder of the ticket can't vote), and the first is debateable. At least the person *with* the ticket surely wouldn't find it to be wasted: they have a get out of jail free card and possibly a lesser risk of attack as well, since their strength is not a long-term threat for the Agents. And as we've all been reminded, this ain't no team game, Princess. And you wonder why I think you might just be operating more from agenda than from objective facts?

I want to take a lucky dip for an item.

This will certainly make me a target.

Night 2 in the Carnival House

Today the Housemates were divided into two teams and set the task of building towers in the garden in order to reach a key before the other team, which would open a mysterious chest. The teams were ''Team Fun'', comprising of Renata, Seon, Choxorn, Pinman, Love, Civplayah, Classical_hero and Landlubber, and ''Team lol'' comprising of Methos, Domination, Catharsis, Hell_Hound, Remake, Autolycus and Electric.

The garden doors were opened to reveal a garden filled with miscellaneous objects including various livestock. The teams quickly began to build their respective towers, and Team lol took the lead quickly reaching 8 foot after tying two cows together with thick rope and then piling on several large wooden blocks of various shapes, about half way there.

Team Fun was trailing behind, and was forced to resort to sabotage in order to catch up. For several hours it was utter chaos, Team lol's tower was destroyed and Choxorn and Love could barely hold of the attacks of the other team while Renata, Seon, Pinman and the rest gathered up new objects to complete their tower.

Finally, hours later, Team Fun had built a sufficiently high, albeit wobbly tower, and Landlubber was able to climb up and snatch the key.

The chest was opened to reveal several bottles of vodka and luxury food including Balseraph fried locusts. On the command of Davina, Team Lol returned to their rooms and locked in, while Team Fun was allowed to enjoy the spoils of victory.

There was also the small matter of the tome which the farmer had found in the cowshed. A vote was called, but this prize was much less interesting then the pot plant of the previous day and so didn't receive much attention. Hell_hound the healer won the book in the end, although with only two votes, one of them her own.

The day drew to a close, and the Housemates filed into the Diary Room one by one to give their nominations before heading off to bed.

Spoiler :
Hell_hound - Hell hound
Pinman - Pinman
Seon - Seon
Classical_Hero - Hell hound
Remake20/Diamondeye - Diamondeye
Autolycus - Autolycus

Need nominations from;

- Domination3000
- Methos

Approximately 11 hours remaining.

Remember that I'm perfectly happy to accept nominations during the day phase if you think you may be unable to send them during the night phase.

(Patience, patience.)

Morning 3 in the Carnival House

During the night, a shrill scream was heard, preceded by the loud slamming of a door. The Housemates shuddered as one, sorrowful, but paradoxically relieved. They were not the first to be slain.

At dawn, the sirens again rang loudly through the house. As if anyone was asleep. Slowly the housemates began to emerge, fearfuly. No one said a word, but it was clear as to what everyone was thinking with every flicker of eye contact; Was it you?

Quietly, they made their way to the breakfast table. Each taking their own place, making it painfully obvious who was missing.

It was then that the voice of Davina returned once more. ''Carnival House! This.. Is.. Davina!. The result of last night's nomination was!:

Spoiler ? :
Domination3000!

He was!
Spoiler ?? :
Innocent!

The results are!:

Spoiler ??? :
Renata - Domination3000
Seon - Domination3000
Methos (Nictel) - Choxorn
Choxorn - Domination2000
Domination3000 - Domination3000
Catharsis - landlubber
Love - landlubber
Pinman - remake20
Hell_hound - domination1000
ELectric926 - Renata
Civplayah - Renata
Remake20 - civplayah
Landlubber - electric926
Classical_Hero - Domination3000
Autolycus - Seon

The voice vanished once more, and the Housemates ate their breakfast in silence.

This morning, no gift was found from Perpentach, except a single token marked ''?''. Votes for the Token are in bold Dark Orange. The Merchant's room was later investigated and a bottle labelled ''POISON'' was found. Votes for the poison are in bold Sea Green. The body of the merchant was a grizzly sight, collapsed in a pool of blood, with several stab wounds. It was clear that he had awoken and tried to fight off his assailant, but he was unsucessful.

---

Nictel will be replacing Methos as the Dwarf. Sorry Methos :sad:

All Night Action responses are now out. If you are expecting a response but don't have one, please contact me asap.

"Interesting. Last time the nominee did not die, this time they did. I wonder what was different this time? More votes for the Merchant, maybe? The Merchant nominating himself and totally vanishing?"

Not significantly more votes for Domination than for Catharsis; it was six or so each. The self-nomination is I think the penalty for "abstaining".

ELectric926 - Renata
Civplayah - Renata

Ahem?

There were 5 votes for Catharsis, 6 for Domination. I'm just trying to throw ideas out there. :p

Perhaps noone would die the first night? :confused:

It also miiight be the Princesses ability, but anyhow.

There's no claims on the token. I'm a man with a lifetime of experience while traveling around erebus. I would like the token.

Top Bottom