Minimod

You might wanna update the installation instructions on the front page. Now says to edit the 0.25 ini.

In regular FfH (and in Vanilla), Wind mills and water mills (and to some degree workshops) are great during golden ages because with those you get +1 hammer and/or +1 commerce on the tile. And during a golden age you get +1 commerce on tiles with at least 1 commerce, and +1 hammer on tiles with at least 1 hammer.

It's too bad that their boost comes so late. It's at machinery and I think that tech has been moved even later than before (or maybe it just feels that way cause some techs were removed).

I like Workshops for dedicated production sites, but beyond that I also don't use much else besides farm/mine/cottage. I'm not sure if it's due to playing Epic speed, but I hardly ever see the point of the others. Maybe, once in a blue moon, to reach a nice even 40 food production somewhere...

Now, though, I'm already liking the Camps as early improvements for forested tiles, before researching Bronze Working.

A request that might fall outside of the possibilities of a simple mod, but I'll ask anyway:

Is there any way to have inland seas treated as actual seas? They were already iffy and now that I can put fishing boats on every sea tile, the inland seas suck even more...

are you talking about fresh water lakes or the inland sea mapscript when you reference inland seas?

you can put fishing boats improvements in fresh water lakes atm, tho you can't build workboats without access to sea water.. in the past ive made workboats that you could build anywhere without access to sea water to allow building the workboats in freshwater lakes.

currently you can bypass that with advanced start so i haven't bothered with it yet (especially since my solution is kinda hacky in that i have to make it a national unit of a limit of 1 so that the ai doesnt build a ton of them where they can't use them).

Two things I noticed in the game I'm playing (Luchuirp, Prince):

1) My cottages aren't growing anymore. I'll assume that's a bug because now they're very inferior to Plantations.

2) I discovered Sheut Stones without having any Hell terrain.

The version before (11b) didn't let my cottages grow either. It didn't even show the "cottage must be worked to grow" or turn numbers for it.

not sure whats up with cottages.. i dont make any changes to them.. i suspect theres something wonky going on related to forts, even tho i dont change anything about them.. maybe my modularized version messes up some order with improvements file that is causing the trouble.

The version before (11b) didn't let my cottages grow either. It didn't even show the "cottage must be worked to grow" or turn numbers for it.

Same for Elven Cottages.

BTW: Where are the percentages for random appearance of resources (like Mine to Gold Mine) coded? I'd like to increase those a bit for water squares -- make it more like going fishing.

inside the Improvementinfos.xml its the following:
<BonusTypeStruct>
<BonusType>BONUS_DEER</BonusType>
<bBonusMakesValid>1</bBonusMakesValid>
<bBonusTrade>1</bBonusTrade>
<iDiscoverRand>10000</iDiscoverRand>
<YieldChanges>
<iYieldChange>2</iYieldChange>
<iYieldChange>0</iYieldChange>
<iYieldChange>0</iYieldChange>
</YieldChanges>
</BonusTypeStruct>

Great work and at such short notice, thank you very much.

MultiMod14

This adds the following to my minimod:

0 :strength:
1 :move:
+2 Affinity for the Civilizations main mana
Fire/Cold Immunity for those with Fire(or Unholy)/Cold based Damage, respectively

Example:
Avatar of Kilmorph (Khazad only; National Limit of 1; Disciple Unit)
0 :strength:
1 :move:
+2 Earth Mana Affinity

Some needed to be changed because some manas aren't in yet:
Kuriotates to Spirit
Sidar to Spirit
Amurites to Fire
Grigori to Spirit
Illians to Water
Sidar because they don't start with Death and seem unlikely to use it
the rest because they have that mana in their palace and seem to fit

First shot of them lined up, im just using random elementals and such resized for their graphics atm:

I used the following as a guide:
jimi12 said:
Bannor- Junil (Law)
Malakim- Lugus (Light, Sun)
Elohim- Sirona (Wisdom)
Luchuirp- Nantosuelta (Enchantment)
Kuriotates- Amathaon (Creation)
Ljosalfar- Cernunnos (Nature)
Khazad- Kilmorph (Earth)
Sidar- Arawn (Death)
Lanun- Danalin (Water)
Grigori- Agnostic but used to be Dagda (Force)
Hippus- Tali (Air)
Amurites- Oghma (Metamagic)
Doviello- Camulos (Chaos)
Balseraphs- Mammon (Mind)
Clan of Embers- Bhall (Fire)
Svartalfar- Esus (Shadow)
Calabim- Aeron (Body)
Sheiam- Ceridwen (Dimensional)
Illians- Mulcarn, kinda (Ice, Winter)
Infernal- Agares (Entropy)
Mercurians- Used to be Arawn. He is aligned with Life though and that is Sucellus' domain. i dont think he is affiliated with him though.

MultiMod15
made Lanuns Avatar of Danalin has water walking, Hippus' Avatar of Tali has Flying, and gave all the Avatars their manas level1 spell.

Im thinking about adding the ability to sacrifice plain units to the Avatars for XP (maybe like 50% of the units xp and a % heal), and sacrificing mages, conjurers, archmages, summoners, priests, and high priests/inquisitors/druids for channeling2+sorcery, channeling2+summoning, channeling3+sorcery, channeling3+summoning, channeling2+divine, and channeling3+divine respectively.

MultiMod16

Added the ability to sacrifice units to their civilizations Avatar if they're in the same stack.
50% of the units XP transfers to the Avatar
the sacrificed unit dies obviously heh
10% heal for the Avatar
sacrificing mages, conjurers, archmages, summoners, priests, or high priests/inquisitors/druids
gives the Avatar
channeling2+sorcery, channeling2+summoning, channeling3+sorcery, channeling3+summoning, channeling2+divine, or channeling3+divine respectively.

MultiMod17

All Avatars gained +1 physical strength
Made Doviellos Avatar a Melee unit instead of Disciple (this does not affect their ability to cast or gain spells, it changes their promotion choices however, and what free promotions that traits or buildings give them)
Made Doviellos Avatar able to get Copper/Iron/Mithril Weapons
Made Sheaims and Amurites Avatars Arcane instead of Disciple (they can now get any spell of manas they have access to)
Made Sidars and Svartalfars Avatars Recon instead of Disciple (this does not affect their ability to cast or gain spells, it changes their promotion choices however, and what free promotions that traits or buildings give them)
Gave civs Avatars their Racial promotion (Luchuirps got Golem instead of Dwarf, they can still gain levels and should benefit from Barnaxus Combat promotions, and golem buildings)
Gave all Avatars Medic1 (except Sheaim, Mercurians and Amurites)
Gave Mercurians Avatar Medic3

All great looking changes. However, you might want to see about delaying the appearance of the Avatar somehow. I built mine right away and after fattening up on a few early barbarians, I had a juggernaut that could easily have rolled over any opposition. Since it does not look like the AI will build Avatars, this could be really unbalancing in favor of the Human player. (My first game with the Avatar was at patch level e before the affinity bug was fixed, and let me tell you that was ridiculous -- Strength 55!)

Top Bottom