Minor Civilizations as Resources

Looks good :)

Re: Honey, depends on what you're after. Will this do?

Attachments

• honey.jpg
    honey.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 147
I kicked it out from some image resource files I had when you mentioned it. Here's the single resource pcx.

Updated posts #22 and #34 with some of the new American and Atlantean City graphics.

MP,

You obviously have some talent for graphics, a talent which I sorely lack. Is there a way to convert goody huts into minor civ resources? The Ancient Mediterranean Mod has some fantastic goody huts that I have not seen anywhere else. If you can convert them, I would ask Thamis for permission for you to do so.

Updated posts #22 and #34 again.

@HooDoo: Take a look at post #22 and make sure I got the ones you wanted, row 10...

Also added new Indian and Mongolian city resources from the recent posts.

I've had these in my collection too. One was actually in the last several sets - removed it to add the goodyhuts you just saw. :lol:

The reason I haven't used more of these before is size - when reduced to fit the 50x50 area available for resources (less than half their original size) most details get lost. They're on row 11 of the sample and download now - take a look. I've considered various tweaks - removing the walls and soil so that the resource graphic don't have to be reduced so much is the most likely fix - but I didn't like the way that looked last time I gave it a try. :(

MP,

You da man! :goodjob: I actually like the walls and soil because, on the grasslands, the contrast of green surroundings and the "walked down" area inside the fences looks quite realistic. I will use these on grasslands only and continue to experiment with the others on different terrain. You need to let TF know about your project here. He did not include it in his weekly notice that just came out.

With all the additions you have made, I am now working overtime trying to come up with ways to use them. I can't tell you how much I appreciate what you are doing. The increase in my game's visual quality is incredible.

HooDoo, Thanks for linking those goodyhuts. They are perfect for my FF mod.

Midnight Piper, I also like what you're doing with this minor Civ Resources, and decided to to my own set of fantasy ones. (I might be adding some more to my list, once I think of ones to include)

This is an interesting concept, with quite an array of possibilities.

In a general game, one could use say 3 different resources as some form of natives. Setting the depletion of the resources higher than normal would be better, then as was said - cities with a natives-resource in it could gain a benefit. One might be auto-producing slaves. Another may allow a Civ to build a flavor unit (for diversity that could be used notably in scenarios), and a third as a luxury resource. One could also maybe put more restrictions on it - as in units require it and another resource - to force certain units in the later part of the game. These units could possibly be treated like fanatics or suicide bombers or such, where when used - are responded to by rival Civs poorly, diplomatically - mainly for the slave/brainwash idea.

I will likely use some version of this in a scenario or two.

:goodjob:

thats pretty much how i am going to use them..... great minds think alike. ;) :D

the last time i implemented these my mod crashed, exploded, burned until crispy, and keeled over.

im starting over now. well see what happens.

oh, and btw: :bump: im bored as hell.

Top Bottom