[NFP] Minor pet peeves and annoyances you wish the developers would fix

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by kaspergm, Oct 30, 2020.

1. 8housesofelixir

8housesofelixir Emperor

A lot of "Mountain" wonders are not being considered as a Mountain by the game, while the Great Barrier Reef isn't a reef. I would add them into the list of annoyances as well.

(Not to say that the player is not allowed to built a lot of mountain-based artificial wonders on the mountains. Cristo Redentor is located on a 700m+ mountain peak, while the Petra, a structure obviously carved in a mountain, requires to be built on a FLAT desert.)

2. iammaxhailme

iammaxhailme Emperor

IIRC, some of the natural wonder lakes (and I think the barrier reef) DO count as lakes/coast for the purpose of tile boosts from lighthouse etc. There's that, at least!

Back on topic: I think the entire air system should be reworked. Mainly, I think requiring an aerodrome for making any air units at all makes it too expensive to be worth doing, and is probably why I haven't seen a single AI Plane in about 2000 hours. IMO, you should be able to build aircraft in a city that has an airstrip (the thing military engineers build; although I don't think the AI builds them either), and the aerodrome itself should be buffed, mostly in terms of tourism boosts and a LOT of gold income. Perhaps extra large adjacencies for harbors, commercial hubs, and industrial zones. It's not all military stuff for planes!

Smity2k1, 679x and 8housesofelixir like this.
  3. Starina

Starina Warlord

While it seems Teokalli acts on such lakes

Last edited: Nov 3, 2020
  4. Greywulf

Greywulf King

After ending a turn in multiplayer, the turn goes back to that player because one of their units hasn't completed their full movement. Would be nice if ending your turn meant ending your turn.

Barbarians being sub-humans that have no ability to communicate with players or AI civs.

AI civs being unreasonable with trades; you cannot even haggle them down by 1 gold coin or the deal is off.

Not being able to move builders through CS territories you haven't suzerained.

5. Brave Sir Robin

Brave Sir Robin he bravely ran away

This is one no one has brought up but bugs the hell out of me.
    CIV games start (when you have a settler looking to found your first city) should not be turn one.
    It should be turn ZERO. Has been in other versions. This is why the turns don't come out even
    EX: on epic speed turn 200 should be 400 ad ,but isn't

8housesofelixir likes this.
  6. sethjohnson

sethjohnson Chieftain

i'd like to be able to ask the AI to stop religious converting my city BEFORE they convert one. Instead of having to sit there and watch it happen

7. Tech Osen

Tech Osen Emperor

On the loading screen with the Civ's info: the unique abilities are explained but not the unique units, buildings etc, for them just an icon with a name. Plenty of room to just display the same info as seen when you choose a civ/leader when setting up the game. And plenty of time to read it then.

Stringer1313, Kibikus, Mahi and 8 others like this.
  8. Krajzen

Krajzen Deity

Not minor but conceptually simple.

Make AIs conquer many cities of other AIs, be more agressive, establish big empires like in civ5.

9. Hokie Fan

Hokie Fan Chieftain

Many of my minor annoyances have already been brought up, but I'll repeat some of the major ones:
    • There are no notifications when your trade deals expire. If I'm trading with an AI for an amenity, it would be nice to know when that deal expires like they had in Civ V.
    • Speaking of amenities, just change the baseline back from -1 to 0. It makes no difference gameplay wise, but it's really annoying to look at from a UI perspective.
    • Killing and then immediately liberating a city state on another continent shouldn't be so valuable. If you're playing on any non-pangea like map, all you need to do to gain suzerainty of 3-4 cities is build a caravel, upgrade two quadriremes into frigates when you hit square rigging, kill a city state halfway across the ocean, wait for it to flip independent in 5 turns and then retake the city for suzerainty.
    • Putting aside this cheesy strategy, why do I get kicked out of a CS border when I liberate it?
    • Like others have said, the build queue could be improved by allowing you to repair every building after a natural disaster or queueing up the next building in a district (e.g., campus then library then university).
    • The pathing for units is silly when travelling in water because the unit too often tries to cut through land when it should just stay in the water.
    • The Create Game screens should default to your last settings like it did in Civ V.

10. iammaxhailme

iammaxhailme Emperor

Yeah totally. I can't believe nobody at QC realized how annoying it was

11. Elhoim

Elhoim Iron Tower Studio Dev

When moving a unit around, and you have to end the turn on a fort (for example, other units don't let you through), you are forced to fortify it (hence not appearing available for movement on the next turn).

Krajzen, 679x, Starina and 4 others like this.
  12. 679x

679x Warlord

I was reminded in my most recent game that the city ranged attack button appears behind the garrisoned unit icon if there is a unit in the city, making the city attack button unclickable from most angles.

Zaimejs, Dimplz and Starina like this.
  13. LMT

LMT Warlord

Having Audience Chamber and Ancestral Hall both start with the letter 'A.'

I don't know how many times I thought I picked Ancestral Hall, then wondering where my free builder was when I settled my next city, finding out that I accidentally picked Audience Chamber.

14. Stringer1313

Stringer1313 Emperor

I actually disagree with this b/c this accurately reflects what it was like back then.

15. iammaxhailme

iammaxhailme Emperor

yep I've done that a handful of times...

16. Stringer1313

Stringer1313 Emperor

Band aid solution which is to zoom in really close then you can do it.

679x likes this.
  17. rockhpi

rockhpi Chieftain

Clarify what some of the leaders' messages to you mean. Some make sense and some will clarify ("You have transgressed their...policy") but sometimes a leader will say something to me, I'm not sure if they are happy or mad or why they are saying it.

18. MrRadar

MrRadar Emperor

Wording in scored competitions and emergencies - oldie, but goldie. And just one of the great many of other peeves that together make up the vast lake Disappointing UI.

Aid emergency is on and approaching the last turns. So I read:
    T356 - "Ends this turn" - except it doesn't, there's at least 1 more turn.
    T357 - "Emergency Ended" - except it hasn't, this turn you can still give aid and it will count, it will have ended next turn.
    Spoiler :

T358 - "Emergency Ended" - you don't say! Yes, it finally did end, took its sweet time too.
    Spoiler :

19. Smity2k1

Smity2k1 Warlord

I would like the ability to get open borders from a city state without being their suzerine.

City states end up block so much early game exploration either by having the only mountain pass or the only shallow water tiles.

I'd like to have the option of paying gold to get through their territory.

Hellenism Salesman likes this.
  20. pokiehl

pokiehl Emperor

The Gunboat Diplomacy policy already lets you have open borders with all city states.

CoconutTank likes this.