Minor Suggestions Thread

Which is a pity in my opinion, I rather have the "real" cities, gives more flavour, but that is just my two cents...

You can (relatively) easily change it in CityNameManager.py. I can give you instructions on how to do it, if Rhye doesn't mind...

I think that Greece's spawn area should be enlarged, in the 600 AD start Greece can only hold Athens.
Adding a Greek city will help too.

I'm having some problems with the Babylonian UB like I had with the Carthagian one before.

It's UB is the garden, and that's a amphitheatre with extra's. To build amphitheatres, you'll need construction. But you can finish the UHV without researching construction. So, no UB. Babylon could be conquered by Persia before they could build a garden, so, what's the point of the UB.

Also, Babylon wasn't known for its gardens, it was known for its Hanging Gardens (and I'll talk about this one later) and that's already in as a World Wonder. Babylon was known for its tower (the Tower of Babel), was it not? So, I ask to replace the UB of Babylon with the Sumerian one, the Ziggurat.

-The Ziggurat needs code of law, some thing needed for the UHV.
-When Babylon was brought to Warlods, we said they be in as a symbol of all mesopotamian civs, so why not a UB of teh Sumerian civ.
-The Ziggurat was allready considdered to be the UB in the warlords-version of Babylon, but then was replaced by a UB that was the same as the Arabian one.

But, I would even go futher:
I would change the UB and make it a Monument.
It could be 1.5x more expencive then a normal one, but could give +2 :culture: , you'll need to research mysticism, what is needed for monarchy(UHV) and it could help you get the cultural part of the UHV.

(The swap of the UB would be already very nice to see, but he...)

Now, on the Hanging Gardens:
It is allways built to late, maybe the tech should be pottery (and not needing an aquaduct) to build it. This way, we''l might see it beeing build in ancient times, by Babylon.
Maybe some change to it FX would be needed:
- giving +1 :health: (same, and nice for Babylon with a lot of floodplains)
- giving +1 :) in hometown
- not: +1 population in all cities (makes it to stong in ancient times)

How about it?

I often notice that Greeks have a tendency to build Odessos instead of Byzantion. Shouldn't they do it less often?

And I think that China needs to be toned down a very small bit...

I'm having some problems with the Babylonian UB like I had with the Carthagian one before.

It's UB is the garden, and that's a amphitheatre with extra's. To build amphitheatres, you'll need construction. But you can finish the UHV without researching construction. So, no UB. Babylon could be conquered by Persia before they could build a garden, so, what's the point of the UB.

Also, Babylon wasn't known for its gardens, it was known for its Hanging Gardens (and I'll talk about this one later) and that's already in as a World Wonder. Babylon was known for its tower (the Tower of Babel), was it not? So, I ask to replace the UB of Babylon with the Sumerian one, the Ziggurat.

-The Ziggurat needs code of law, some thing needed for the UHV.
-When Babylon was brought to Warlods, we said they be in as a symbol of all mesopotamian civs, so why not a UB of teh Sumerian civ.
-The Ziggurat was allready considdered to be the UB in the warlords-version of Babylon, but then was replaced by a UB that was the same as the Arabian one.

But, I would even go futher:
I would change the UB and make it a Monument.
It could be 1.5x more expencive then a normal one, but could give +2 :culture: , you'll need to research mysticism, what is needed for monarchy(UHV) and it could help you get the cultural part of the UHV.

(The swap of the UB would be already very nice to see, but he...)

Now, on the Hanging Gardens:
It is allways built to late, maybe the tech should be pottery (and not needing an aquaduct) to build it. This way, we''l might see it beeing build in ancient times, by Babylon.
Maybe some change to it FX would be needed:
- giving +1 :health: (same, and nice for Babylon with a lot of floodplains)
- giving +1 :) in hometown
- not: +1 population in all cities (makes it to stong in ancient times)

How about it?

Rhye, what do you think?

Babylon was known for its tower (the Tower of Babel), was it not?

Not really... unless the Bible is your source, and by that logic you shouldn't include India, China or Egypt because all humanity lived in Babel.

I think that the roads of the industrial era (this is only in BTS, I think...) need to be modified. They should not become paved/lined until you have Combustion. The change is too abrupt, when you only got a tech like Scientific Method.

Anyone agree with me?

I think that the roads of the industrial era (this is only in BTS, I think...) need to be modified. They should not become paved/lined until you have Combustion. The change is too abrupt, when you only got a tech like Scientific Method.

Anyone agree with me?

Yes. Roads like that should go with the Modern Era.

How aboy changing the Russian vassals dynamic names? Having a Soviet India vassal of a democratic Russia isn't really accurate. some civs should have real names for being vassals to Russia, like Eastern Germany, Communist Mongolia and Russian Finland (Vikings).

Anyone agree with me?

I can't find the place where this setting is stored. What's the exact tech? Or is it the era change?

I think the Spanish should be able to build Miami

Also England shouldn't have control over Ireland so soon. In real life they didn't control all of ireland until the 1500s

Top Bottom