Misc Building Ideas

Hydro, me myself, like more detailed game, and i always installed all of those building in AND, because it add more strategic value to the game.So basically i'm on your side.But, i think a new building that you'll propose here should be something that the GOVERNMENT build.Not the citizen.C'mon, we're talking about Civ, not sims.
For me, it's just nonsense to build saloon in a Civ game. :p
I think the impact of the building in the city (in the real life) isn't really big.So i don;t think that it worth the place

Cryogenic prisons. Why would anyone seriously want to freeze prisoners?

1. No reforming value. A person that has been frozen is going to be even less capable of integrating into society due to all changes that have happened during their punishment and most likely losing all social contacts they had previously.
2. No punishment value beyond having their friends and family age/die during the time they are frozen.
3. Replacement death penalty. The permanent freezing option, would they have the plug pulled after a certain amount of years after since it seems a bit unlikely that someone would be exonerated a century after the sentencing. Completely unnecessary costs to keep them alive since thawing them would result in a criminal that has not been punished but is completely incapable of functioning in society.

If it involves future methods for personality modification then just call it a reformation center and dump the idea of freezing people. Totalitarian governments could use it to reprogram dissidents while more liberal ones could use it as a voluntary procedure in exchange for a shorter incarceration.

Top Bottom