Resource icon

Misc. Tweaks for VP 4.6

azum4roll

Lost the game
Misc. Tweaks for VP
Download Here

This merges my Logistics Skirmishers and Lategame War Rebalance mods. Forgive me for the generic name; I'm bad at this.

My goal, like with @pineappledan's tweaks, is to eventually get enough support to merge some of these changes into base VP so I can maintain less stuff. I'll be sticking to simple SQL changes and not dip into entire civ reworks.

The mod is modular; you can remove one or more files if you don't want to play with those tweaks (not recommended).

This is compatible with most modded civs and the 4UC mod.

Modules
Spoiler Skirmisher Changes :

NEW Skirmisher Doctrine (free promotion on all skirmishers):
+50% :c5strength: Combat Strength when defending against all Ranged Attacks.
May attack twice.

Light Tank and Helicopter Gunship get free Armor Plating I promotion.

Skirmishers lose access to the Logistics promotion and Barrage III now lead to Parthian Tactics instead.

Units only gain XP on the first attack of the turn.

All CS and RCS values have been changed (see the sql file for details).

Spoiler Land Unit Changes :

Altitude Training promotion (granted by Mt. Kilimanjaro) loses the double movement on hills.

Spoiler Naval Unit Changes :

Naval Ranged promotion tree tweaked:
Basically what @pineappledan proposed.
upload_2022-7-1_23-51-41.png

Shrapnel Rounds also leads to Logistics, but being a t5 promotion really messes with the tree I guess.

Industrial+ era naval units are completely reworked:

Ranged ships gain the Heavy Fire promotion starting at Dreadnought:
+50% :c5strength: Combat Strength when attacking Naval Melee Units.

Anti-submarine I is now +33% against submarines (both attack and defense) while Anti-submarine II is +66%.

Missile Cruiser loses Armor Plating I.

Can See Submarines promotion is available as a t1 leaf promotion for melee ships.

Stat changes:
Ironclad 55 -> 50
Destroyer 70 -> 60
Modern Destroyer 80 -> 72
Missile Destroyer 90 -> 86

Cruiser 50/50
Dreadnought 60/58
Battleship 85/66
Missile Cruiser 105/80

Submarine 40/70, 5 moves
Attack Submarine 54/85
Nuclear Submarine 70/105

Carrier 70/30
Supercarrier 120/60

Spoiler Other Changes :

Inquisitor effectiveness set to 75% (from 50%).

Supply changes:
Base VPTweaked
Flat Supply Divisor1 + 83% * tech progress1 + 100% * tech progress
Supply from Population Divisor1 + 700% * tech progress1 + 100% * tech progress
Difficulty Flat Supply BonusWhatever it is currently+1 the current number (to Human, AI, but not City-State)
Difficulty-based Supply from Population35%-15%20% (to Human, Ai, and City-State)
Base Supply per City+1 Supply0 Supply
Lighthouse (and its UB)+1 Supply0 Supply
Harbor+2 Supply+1 Supply
Seaport20% Supply from Population10% Supply from Population
Stable10% Supply from Population+1 Supply
Walls, Castle, Bastion Fort, Arsenal, Military Base's Supply from Population10%/10%/10%/10%/20%All 5%
Bastion Fort's New Change0 Supply+1 Flat Supply
Parthenon+10% Supply from local Population0%
Justice's Royal Guardhouse20% Supply from Local Population+10% Supply from Population in all Cities
Dominance+10% Supply from local Population+5 Flat Supply
Autocracy's United Front+50% Supply from Population in all Cities+25% Supply from Population in all Cities
France UA25% from Population in all Cities15% from Population in all Cities

Last edited:
Is this compatible with "Pineappledan Tweaks for VP" ?

In section "Unit changes" is "Skirmisher Line Changes"
there is :
"Hit & Run +50% when defending against ranged attacks"

I like above changes and love Pineappledan Tweaks, would be nice if they worked together..

You'll have to either delete SkirmisherChanges.sql and play with pdan's skirmishers or delete pdan's Skirmisher folder and Mongolia changes to play with my skirmishers.

You'll have to either delete...
Also..
Ship of the Line loses Breacher and Indomitable. Gains Logistics promotion.
vs
Ship of the Line gets free Splash Damage and Splash Damage II promotions instead of Indomitable.

Any way, conclusion is that, at current state, you should to make some adjustments, because it will cause some balance issues,
but it seems its nothing "game crushing"..

Just curious, any plans to make it compatible in the future? Would be sad if those were mutually exclusive or require manual
changes every time..

I don't know how these can ever be compatible when the same unit acts differently in both mods.

V2 of the mod is live with skirmisher CS/RCS number tweaks to account for Swordsman changes.

Mod version number now follows VP's since I don't plan to update this mod between releases anymore.
v3.0 uploaded, mainly accounting for 2.7 and 3.0 changes. Basically nothing's changed from the last version.

Version 3.4 uploaded, compatible with VP 3.4

Inquisitor effectiveness is now 75% instead of 100%. Removed changes that are already merged into VP.

Version 3.4 uploaded, compatible with VP 3.4

Inquisitor effectiveness is now 75% instead of 100%. Removed changes that are already merged into VP.
Hi Azum4roll -- I wanted to check out this mod but it is says that Mod does not meet required dependencies - I have the most recent version of standard Vox and tried to add everything else in the Mod Info - any chance you could take a look and advise?

Attachments

• picture of mods.PNG
    picture of mods.PNG
    268.9 KB · Views: 24
It requires Promotion Icons, which is merged into (2) now. Please download the latest version.

It requires Promotion Icons, which is merged into (2) now. Please download the latest version.
Thank you - very much appreciated although I'm not 100% sure I understand- do I need to download the latest version of Promotion Icons by itself- if so do you know where/how I can find this?

Or are you referring to another latest version ( ie. Vox or your mod)

Thank you - very much appreciated although I'm not 100% sure I understand- do I need to download the latest version of Promotion Icons by itself- if so do you know where/how I can find this?

Or are you referring to another latest version ( ie. Vox or your mod)
Latest version of this mod.

Version 3.8 released, compatible with VP 3.8+.

Changes:

Mongolia UA
Mounted Ranged Units gain +1 :c5moves: Moves and the Envelopment Promotion. Gain All Yields equal to 20% of the :c5gold: Gold from bullying :c5citystate: City-States.

Reverted faith cost changes on naval units from ENW. Now follow VP formula.

Will this get updated since it depends on Enhanced Naval Warfare but that got merged into VP?

Really miss Inquisitor effectiveness.

Just dropping a note here that the mod is, of course, still up to date.

Version 4.5 only has some wording changes.

Hi @azum4roll, what does the supply change part do ? Does it reduce lategame supply ? Narrow the differences between wide and tall supply ?
Thank you !

Top Bottom