[MOD] A New Flavour 2.1 - 28th Dec 2011

water-cooled PC - but the pump melted

is it just me or does this line seem a little ironic :lol:

sorry, i couldn't help pointing that out, it's very annoying when new stuff doesn't work like it should.

also nice to know you havn't abandoned civIV for civV yet

Are we going to see a return of the WW1 units?

Ah, yes! I was looking for this. Having played Legends of Revolutions before, I was a bit disappointed to find that the ethnic unit artstyles were missing from the otherwise great mod A New Dawn.

hello,

I just wish to say that I am very impressed with your work at the mod. Really makes the experience of playing RoM new even more enjoyable.

I just have one little problem, the french musketman doesn't seem to be replaced by the intended model. Instead it is showing the musketeer, even though the french musketeer was already pushed back to the arqubusier.

Thanks for your help.

Can civenthusiast use this for his modmod 'enhanced civics' for AND that he is working on? Will it be compatible? Would be great coz the old AND has a really bad 0 maintenance bug that kinda ruins it and the enhanced civics mod seems to have fixed it. The screenshots looks cool btw.

Can civenthusiast use this for his modmod 'enhanced civics' for AND that he is working on? Will it be compatible? Would be great coz the old AND has a really bad 0 maintenance bug that kinda ruins it and the enhanced civics mod seems to have fixed it. The screenshots looks cool btw.

I see no reason why a civics mod would interfere with this mod, as my one deals primarily with graphics.

I actually came across a very big bug - the unit art styles art defines xml is broken somehow. I think it had too many entries in it and became un-openable so civ nor any xml editor could open it. I discovered this a couple of days ago, but since I couldn't even open the file to change it, I've had to build new art defines files from scratch. Which took a while. I took the opportunity to add more unit art. Should be working now, enjoy.

Patch released, bug fixes are as follows:

• Incorrect Arab Archer art defines, causing game crash
  • Incorrect Chinese Chivalry unit art style info, causing game crash
  • Missing gloss file for Russian slavic axeman (was actually missing from unit creator release as well)

Download here, or see the first post in the thread.

hi first off these units are fantastic mate, excellent work.
im using it with new dawn beta 5. but got a hugh problem im using britain and now im able to build british galleons it comes out as a pink circle as the graphic. when i select it it doesnt have any options but it allows me to sail it around map. i had sim problem with arabs but your patch fix fixed that problem.
again tho your unit graphics for britain is amazing.
please reply as i would hate to have to uninstall this mod.:goodjob:

hi first off these units are fantastic mate, excellent work.
im using it with new dawn beta 5. but got a hugh problem im using britain and now im able to build british galleons it comes out as a pink circle as the graphic. when i select it it doesnt have any options but it allows me to sail it around map. i had sim problem with arabs but your patch fix fixed that problem.
again tho your unit graphics for britain is amazing.
please reply as i would hate to have to uninstall this mod.:goodjob:

Thanks for the bug report. I test this mod as much as I can, but it's no substitute for user feedback. Please report any and all bugs that you find.

I'm afraid I can't claim any credit on the unit art. I've purloined the work of others, especially bakuel and coffie_junkie.

Finally, I think I've fixed the problem you've been having along with a couple of others. Details are below, or in the first post. This new patch incorporates the first patch, so might ask you to overwrite stuff (say yes).

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XF2LPR4F

or

http://www.mediafire.com/?alfr4ikxxzrxv6z

So, this only enhances ancient-renaissance units?

No changes to modern ones? (I've been adding real flavor moden units from Warlords-Modern Warfare-mod to make realistic industrial-modern arsenals for each civ.)

All glory to the modmoders that refuse to stop improving ROM:AND, this mod is i think one of the best games out there!

Great unit graphics, however I've got a problem much the same as the one ulsterbrit reported- Tried with both betas and did a complete reinstall but playing as Rome trireme and caravel have the same features as the British galleon minus the pink circle graphic issue- also, the civopedia entries for both show up as blank (although if I access it from the mod main screen or as other countries it shows up fine).

Great unit graphics, however I've got a problem much the same as the one ulsterbrit reported- Tried with both betas and did a complete reinstall but playing as Rome trireme and caravel have the same features as the British galleon minus the pink circle graphic issue- also, the civopedia entries for both show up as blank (although if I access it from the mod main screen or as other countries it shows up fine).

Thanks for the bug report. This was caused by the nif and kfm files for these units having different names (civ likes the nif and kfm for a single unit to be the same). New patch uploaded, again cumulative with previous updates:

Megaupload

or

Mediafire

Top Bottom