[MOD] Age of Discovery II

How do I turn off Formations?

Same here: I like to play without unit formations

(Maybe militaray land units - just soldiers and dragoons - could be the only ones with formations. This would at least make some sense to me. But for wagon trains, pioneers, colonists, ships and so on it seems to be more irritating then usefull. Just my opinion.)

Which unit formations bug me? All of them. Is there just one XML line fix I can do myself? I really prefer single unit units.

Is there a way to see which products the native villages prefer somewhere, so you don't have to keep notes? I read somewhere that it is supposed to be on the "information" page, but cannot find anything.'

This is a really big improvement over vanilla. Well done.

@ Rusty Nail

The preferred good icon is shown in the city information bar on your main map. Just to the right of the native city's name it should show the picture of their desired good. Note, this may/will change when you send them that good.

Hello again,

I was trying in a new mod from Jeckel, which is called Jtraderoute. Its a fantastic piece of work, He has redone the graphics and the interface, making a lot more efficient.

Is there a possibilitie to include that in Age of Discovery? That would be nice.

Another question:

What can I do to always start the mod instead of the regular game? Does anyone know how to do that?

Sds.

I still can't get this mod to run... when I load it, the name shows up in the top right corner but none of the moded features show up :(

Open the folder C:\Program Files\2K Games\Sid Meiers Colonization\Mods\AgeOfDiscoveryII\

In there, you should see:
- Assets folder
- PublicMaps folder
- ini file
- Maybe a backup ini file too

If you only see another AgeOfDiscoveryII folder then copy everything from the second one down to the first one. :)

Dale,

Fantastic Mod! Between the PatchMod and this, you've outdone yourself!

I only have one question. Is there a way to make the Pirates "optional" without having to open the map in the editor and remove them?

Thanks in advance....

T

Hello again,

I was trying in a new mod from Jeckel, which is called Jtraderoute. Its a fantastic piece of work, He has redone the graphics and the interface, making a lot more efficient.

Is there a possibilitie to include that in Age of Discovery? That would be nice.

Another question:

What can I do to always start the mod instead of the regular game? Does anyone know how to do that?

Sds.

Added and testing it now. :) It was a fairly seemless integration so I expect no issues. You'll see it in the next version.

Dale,

Fantastic Mod! Between the PatchMod and this, you've outdone yourself!

I only have one question. Is there a way to make the Pirates "optional" without having to open the map in the editor and remove them?

Thanks in advance....

T

I think in the latest version (I know definitely in my test version) I've reduced the number of Euro civs on the map so Pirates won't appear every time. I've also changed it so the AI can't select Pirates (only human from main menu) which eliminates them from the game.

If they are still appearing as an AI civ, then I must've changed that after I uploaded. It'll be in the next version. :)

I don't even know where to begin. Thank you so much for doing this.

I only recently got C4C and was already becoming aggravated by the shortcomings of the game. A quick stop on civfanatics linked me here which then linked me to this mod. While it's upsetting that C4C needs third-party improvement, the fact of your undertaking and the amount of your progress with C4C is a great inspiration to me, both as a gamer and a coder.

Thank you.

Edit: And of course, an hour later and I'm already asking for something: does anyone know of a guide for Formations? They seem interesting (though I may wind up turning them off) but I have no idea what they do or how to set them. I've tried searching the civfanatics forums, but haven't come up with much. Is it purely a visual effect?

Edit2: I've done some hunting through the changed .xml files using examdiff, and learned for myself that the formations are purely visual. I'm thinking about removing the formations but keeping in the other adjustments (berth size, natives cant be missionary)... but it's going to be tedious. If I want to make these changes, is it enough to just edit the .xml files, or are there other changes that go with it?

Formations as I did it is done through Civ4UnitInfos.xml in the professions section: iRequired which specifies how many of the character in the unit.

For the next versions, citizens and ships are reduced to 1, mounted and siege units to 2, soldiers to 4. That's cleans up a lot of the mess. :)

Nice. So as a temp fix, anyone who wants to get rid of formations should do this:

1.) Using wordpad, open C:\Program Files\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Colonization\Mods\AgeOfDiscoveryII\Assets\XML\Units\CIV4UnitInfos.xml

2.) Go to Edit -> Replace

3.) Do a "Replace All" for these 4 fields:
<iRequired>2</iRequired> -to- <iRequired>1</iRequired>
<iRequired>3</iRequired> -to- <iRequired>1</iRequired>
<iRequired>4</iRequired> -to- <iRequired>1</iRequired>
<iRequired>8</iRequired> -to- <iRequired>1</iRequired>

this will find all units that have formation sizes of 2, 3, 4 and 8 and set them all to 1

In addition, if you want to revert the berth size of Treasure, search for <iBerthsize>2 and change the 2 to 1

Hope that helps, and thanks for the tips!

Hi Dale!

Let me start with saying that your mod is excellent and im really enjoying it :goodjob:

User OnmyojiOmn made a great menu intro music for Col which he snached from HBO's John Adams miniseries (great serie btw).
The intro would fit nicely with you mod, check it out :)

Open the folder C:\Program Files\2K Games\Sid Meiers Colonization\Mods\AgeOfDiscoveryII\

In there, you should see:
- Assets folder
- PublicMaps folder
- ini file
- Maybe a backup ini file too

If you only see another AgeOfDiscoveryII folder then copy everything from the second one down to the first one. :)

Thanks Dale, that worked :goodjob:

Very nice mod indeed.

Just two points on the pirates:
1. They always seem to disappear just a few turns into all of my games, and thus do nothing at all
2. Would it not be possible to introduce pirates as barbs, as in standard Civ4? i.e. they spawn fairly randomly, are at war with everyone, and can occasionally take settlements.

Still, keep up the good work!

Just had to pop back in to say: full storage warnings = AMAZING feature.:thumbsup:

Gents,

Could some kind soul please advise on how to extend the 300 turn limit ?
I sorta like to play in "Domination Mode" ;)

Thanx ...

I'm playing a good game with Portugal but there is no dialogue box popup when a founding father becomes available. There is a "Founding father x" is no longer available and that's it. The AI has all the founding fathers and I'm wondering if this is a bug?

Top Bottom