1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[MOD] Age of Discovery II

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - Mods and Files' started by Dale, Sep 23, 2008.

1. rsmithuf

rsmithuf Chieftain

Yes, I too am getting pirates in my game. I can't play as them, but they are still there.

Also, I seem to have a bug with the new trade route system. I've created two custom trade routes - one for each product (cloth and cigars). I've assigned a galleon two BOTH, but it picks up only one of the items and then just sits in a nearby port (not part of the trade route). Any ideas?

2. jaldaen

jaldaen Prince

Oops, sorry for not being more specific...

I'm not talking about the unit flags. I'm talking about the color of the portuguese king's flag button when you speak to him in the diplomatic screen. Mine is the Spanish king's yellow. It is in the upper left-hand corner and I think its that color because of the code I just posted is the same for the Spanish King.

3. Dale

Dale Mohawk Games Developer

Ahh..... yes that would be it. :)

4. MattJek

MattJek King

Hi Dale.. awesome mod... I especially like the map script, the maps are very big and varied :goodjob:

I just want to change one thing for myself personally. I want to change the number of individuals that each unit is reperesented by:

I want to change all colontist jobs back to being represented by one individual... (I think they're at 2 or 3 right now) as well as the horse carts. Can you tell me which files and which numbers I need to edit to do this?

PS.. I like how the soldier units are represented by 6 guys... Im gonna keep that

5. Dale

I thought the latest version changes colonists back to 1. Hmmm..... anyways, if not the next version has it as I've done that. :)

6. MightyGooga

MightyGooga At last I can change this

Dale !

I was googling for pirate images and something came to my mind! The thing with Henry in your mod is that He looks too cute! Pirates should be mean, look mean, act mean. This means they should ambush your hardypionneer, take over colonies that hasnt any protection and more. Google Blackbeard ant take a look at the firs pictures... there is one there that describes it!

I know that there more to discuss about pirates, but making them look very Angry would add the taste that its missing. In the first 100 turns or so, people should fear pirates, knowing that they will loose the game if they show up. What u think:

One more thing! Im getting trouble with maps, they always seem like a twisted worm, I wanted to play ina pangea like map, but its very hard to get one of those. Is there a way to adress this problem:

7. SerriaFox

SerriaFox King

Ah, no thank you. Fear them yes, annoyance yes, Lose game to them, please no. Pirate have a keen since of survival. Weak undefended they attack, at least some defense they go look some where else.

8. Dale

I know. But I'm not an artist, so I take what I can get and this leaderhead actually is a very good quality LH. :)

I'll be including FaireWeather map script in the next version which provides AWESOME maps, and allows some customisation in regards to number of islands and stuff. :)

9. MattJek

MattJek King

Ok, I dont have v1.02 yet. I'll download that and check it out

10. MightyGooga

MightyGooga At last I can change this

Well, I know we are not gonna get someone to desing the Pirate leaderhead that easily. I was just trying to make a point. Since we are discussing the role of pirates in the game, i guess the scary and mean part of them would add the taste that is missing.

Henry Morgan is an aswome leadear head no arguing with that, but you got to agree with me that he inst that scary... He seems like a English Captain, that couldnt get into the english navy but the king liked him and.. well.. the king said "Here take this ship and a few men go rob someone for me" thats how he got up in life. But take a look at this guy bellow!

View attachment Barbanegra modified.bmp

He really means his name PIRATE. Gentleman I present to you BlackBear, death in a ship! The very meaning of pirates in this mod should be thought as BLACKBEARD the Terror of the Seven Seas.

Now all we have to do is find some Bright Soul to Leaderhead it...

11. tripecac

tripecac Chieftain

With this mod, whenever I try to clear specialty, the game crashes, sending me back to Windows. I am using the latest version (1.0.2). PatchMod 1.07 doesn't have the same problem, so I'm guessing the bug is specific to Age of Discovery 2.

Has anyone else noticed this problem? Is there a work around?

Thanks!

12. holymouth

holymouth Chieftain

Hey Dale . First Off .. I love the mod!
    second .. I have 2 requests for your future updates

Forts / Fortresses with Cannons in them
    auto (or manual) fire on enemy or Pirateships when in (bombard)
    range (like in the original Col)

and I'm wondering if there will be a merge between AOD2 and Triangle Trade
    I like the options in the TT mod (coast traders / loans and ship sale)
    a lot (and with all the Africa / Slave ideas I been reading about) I think a merge would rock!

Keep up the great work!!

PS: a little bug report .. new ships bought in europe end up on the bottom or top of the map

13. Dale

MightyGooga:

If someone is willing (Ekmek if you're reading) to make a Blackbeard LH I'll gladly add him as the second Pirate LH. :)

Tripecac:

Can you describe the situation please? I've been able to clear specialties. Even better, attach the save where it occurs and tell me which unit to clear for the crash to occur. :)

Holymouth:

I'm currently working on player achievements (see the relevant thread) but I'm also keeping an eye on the other mods. There's some elements I'll use in AoD2 and some I won't. :)
    Noted about the ship bug. Thanks.

14. SerriaFox

SerriaFox King

I have notice the ship bug too

newly purchased ship sailing from Europe seem to appear at a totally random spot.

15. actuaryman

actuaryman Chieftain

Hi

Firstly, thanks for all your work on this and the other mods - it really enhances the game for me.

When I unzip the AoD2 v1.02 mod I get the attached error message. It still seems to load up in Col ok but I don't have the coding knowledge to know what the error's trying to tell me. I don't have the same message pop up when I unzip the PatchMod.

Apologies if you've answered this before - I haven't looked through all the pages on this thread.

Thanks

Rick

Attached Files:

16. Dale

So you get that message when you unzip the mod? Or when you try to play the mod?

17. actuaryman

actuaryman Chieftain

When I unzip the mod I get the error message.

I tried loading what did unzip within Colonization - it didn't crash but I didn't get the Portuguese nation option so guess it wasn't working.

Thanks

18. Dale

19. Liambane

Liambane Rome's Praetorian

Hi Dale. I've exactly the same problem: Winzip error and all new features doesn't works at 100%...

That don't let the problem get fixed. I had the same errors. Damn I would like to play this mod at 100%...

20. sww_sww_sww

sww_sww_sww Chieftain

I do love this mod, there is one thing that makes me wonder and I havent seen the question yet (went trough most of the thread). How come you added this :
    "* Converted native can no longer be educated at Indian settlements (can be trained at school as normal)."

Training a native in a village to become an expert farmer isnt that different as training a free colonist I think, only difference is that imo natives should train faster as they already are "handy" with their hands.