[MOD] Age of Discovery II

You can't get a trapper in Europe, you have to train him with the natives.

Don't know if this is the right place to ask this or not, so if not, please let me know.

I've tried a few games of AoD2 now (ver 1.12) and rebel sentiment never seems to increase. However, the REF is alarmed a lot and usually adds 4 units every 2-3 turns while I'm producing LBs. Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

Any chance of a manual/faq/strategy guide/etc for AoD? This mod changes a lot about the game and while these forums are great for lurkers like me, they get confusing real fast as well (we're on page 53 of this thread, for example, with numerous updates to AoD). Just curious.

For those that still are wondering about rebel sentiment not increasing (ver 1.12) (I also asked this above, as well) I did some play testing and basically you need at least a town hall or higher AND filled with statesmen in order for RS to start going up. It goes up SLOWLY until you get City Hall and the bell multipliers (printing press, newspaper, etc) going.

Thought I'd post my findings since the Aod2 techies seem to have left the building

For those that still are wondering about rebel sentiment not increasing (ver 1.12) (I also asked this above, as well) I did some play testing and basically you need at least a town hall or higher AND filled with statesmen in order for RS to start going up. It goes up SLOWLY until you get City Hall and the bell multipliers (printing press, newspaper, etc) going.

Thought I'd post my findings since the Aod2 techies seem to have left the building

Remember that all colonists outside your colonies (soldiers and pioneers) count too and they can't gain rebel sentiment because they aren't in a colony.

I once had five cities with 100% rebel sentiment and my overall sentiment was below 50%. I made most of my army into farmers and soon my overall sentiment rose far above 50%.

I wondering if this is a weird bug or pirates are just not working...

I choosed the Ozzy's Americas scenario and choose pirates as my nation. Game seems to start just fine, but few turns into the game i noticed that i cant go to my homeland screen!

I can send my ship to Tortuga, but i cant view the homeland city screen (f2/clicking "take a closer look" on popup)

Homeland screen is the only window that isnt working. Everything else works. (founding fathers, domestic adv. etc.)

Is it even possible to play pirates?

---

It seems that it was an issue with just one map, because Europe screen works for others. However, now there is another issue where game crashes to desktop almost every time i use a pirate ship with soldiers in them to attack another ship. Sometimes it works. (I get some coins and spawn a deckhand)

Hi Dale, I'm a long time fan of the 1990's Colonization. I loved both it, as well as C4C with the 2009 patch. Your AoD II mod has perked my curiosity, and I plan on giving it a try in a week or two (especially after seeing China and Russia).

Can you examine you rationale for removing the "+100% settlement attack mod" to cannons? That's the only change that is making me wince in pain, because I always thought and like the balance of: soldiers are best settlement defense, dragoons are best offense outside settlements, and cannons were best at settlement attacking....which was true to both games.

If someone else knows the answer prior to Dale's viewing, please respond.

Hello everyone.....enjoying AODII very much! I'm doing some experiments, and I would like to turn off the "AI hurry immigration fix". I've tried to increase the "IMMIGRATION_THRESHOLD", but that will not do it as it is an AI code thing....so, I've been modifying files in the CVGameCoreDLL file (pretty much anytime I find a text file with "// PatchMod: AI hurry immigrants" to be found)...I was hoping I deleted/modified enough of these to cause the hurry immigration AI not to work, but alas, they keep on churning them out! Any help would be greatly appreciated...I know the last time I knocked around here, I was fortunate to hear from Dale himself...perhaps we will all be this lucky again....

Thanks in advance, and of course if I figure it out before an answer, I will post the answer here for future reference...

Jeff

EDIT ONE: OK, I'm trying out the following: In CIV4HandicapInfo, I have <iAIImmigration> and <iNumAIImmigrants> turned to zero in my difficulty category (currently Conquistador)....I remember reading (I think it was Dale himself actually) that the AI hurry immigrants code was based on difficulty level, and I noticed a correlation in the aforementioned file. I also have, in GlobalDefines, IMMIGRATION_THRESHOLD = 120 and IMMIGRATION_THRESHOLD_INCREASE = 5. The way I see it, immigration should be hard at first, but if you build a good church network, eventually a steady stream will come (due to the low threshold increase)...I will likely tweak these number more, but since I play on the FaireWeatherTweak map on Huge size, I'm trying to replicate the slow growth through the 15th, 16th, and 17th centuries making it unliekly until at least 1700 a revolution will occur. Oh yes, I also changed the FOOD_CONSUMPTION_PER_POPULATION in GlobalDefines to three (from two) to simulate starvation and to make it harder for cities to take hold...the results with a few test games: Each empire still has typically from eight to twelve cities, but they do not have as many super large twenty-something cities, and some outright struggle...however, still a fair amount of colonists around. Now, when I use AI AutoPlay, for some reason, *my* civ struggles mightly and is typically the way-smallest of the bunch....seems that the other AIs adapt somewhat, but mine doesn't? All-righty, back to testing and playing!

Can you trade boycotted goods in AoD mod like in original Colonization (with custom house)?

Nope, I guess not.

Hi all, the download link is broken. Would you be so kind as to upload the file again?

Many thanks!

Hello,

When i build Ships of the Line the game crashes to the desktop.
Known issue? did this happened with anyone?

I am playing with version 1.12 with the australians (steam version of game).

Regards,
Juno

I've not got that far in yet - I have noticed that ships bought from your homeland City arent launchable.

Any attempts to embark whether with the button or dragging simply elasticates the ship back to its original position.

Has anyone fixed or found a workaround for this?

Its a bit of a game killer :(

Back to JunoGuts problem, I had something similar. I played two different games, where a maximum limit for unit production was achieved for the game. In other words, if the game produced one more unit, it crashed. I figured it was just because my laptop is low end, and just couldn't handle any more. I went back to playing vanilla (with patches), and East Indies Mod, which I really like.

For Swannylad: Sorry, I did not see your problem. =(

Hey guys - I really want to play this, but my browser is reporting that there is malware on the site and to turn back. I used both a PC and a Mac...same result. Any thoughts? Anywhere else to get download?

Can you examine you rationale for removing the "+100% settlement attack mod" to cannons? That's the only change that is making me wince in pain, because I always thought and like the balance of: soldiers are best settlement defense, dragoons are best offense outside settlements, and cannons were best at settlement attacking....which was true to both games.

If someone else knows the answer prior to Dale's viewing, please respond.

I don't think Dale is working on this mod any more. The rationale for removing the cannon settlement attack bonus is because Dale thinks it is unrealistic, as he is an artilleryman.
To which, I would respond that this is a game, game balance is more important than realism. Nerfing cannon makes it useless, might as well remove this unit altogether.
Anyway, there is a new Col mod called TAC which has good reviews and could be better than AODII. I plan to try it sometime.

Anyway, there is a new Col mod called TAC which has good reviews and could be better than AODII.

TAC even contains several aspects of AODII and AofD. :)
(Dale and Aymerick did fantastic work with their features. :thumbsup:)

Congrats on the mod! I gotta say it's awesome to finally see a "true" Colonization remake. :)

I hope some of my work on the official patch and AoD2 helped this goal to be met. :)
Guys, I only planted some seeds, it's the fantastic modders who watered them, nurtured them and made Civ4Col a fantastic game. Good on ya. :goodjob:
We have beamed with pride ... :hatsoff:

Top Bottom