[MOD] Age of Discovery II

Maybe call them "Pirate Veteran" or something so it's not the same name?

I agree with Zuul about different pirate names between rank.

I would, however, make it more Pirate specific in ranking.

For example, the weaker unit would simply be a swashbuckler, buccaneer, or Pirate, while the stronger unit would be a Pirate Captain or Pirate Master.

Dale - Great thinking on including "Black" Bart Roberts as the additional pirate leader. He is one of the most successful, although not as popular or well-known.

Looking forward to the next release!

P.S. For ideas on Pirate rankings, I found this site for you: http://www.theboomer.us/piratescove/english/raenge.htm

:backstab:

Had already put in different names, and gone with the Col2 method of "Veteran ....". So you have Pirate and Veteran Pirate. Though I like the idea of different Pirate ranks. How about Deckhand and Swashbuckler?

Great suggestions.

The only weird thing would be a deckhand roaming around on the land pillaging, but still it would be nice to see.

So Dale, do you have an official release time for the next patch?

Deckhand is a colonist, Swashbuckler is the veteran soldier equivalent. :)

Version 1.05 released!

Includes complete revamped Pirates, a new victory type, and other balances. :)

Please see the first post for download details and updated Changelog.

Thanks for playing
Dale :)

Dale, I'm downloading your 1.05 version right now and I still have to wait 9 min, therefore writing you a post. :king: But this is great news. I didn't expect a release that soon. First game will be with Pirates as nation, of course and I am really excited. Now only 2 min left... :)

Edit:
It seems you forgot to include the 2D ship icons for carack and fluyt. There are updated versions of them in the 4th release of Europe screen (patch folder).

Just bought Colonization and all these mods and 'fixes/patches' are really wonderful!! Thank you!

Was trying out the AOD 1.05, a few things to mention

1) Pirates are not able to discern the expertise of the Indian villages when talking to the Chief (Pirates are not able to learn skills from Indians?)

2) First contact with a pirate civilization (playing as Portuguese) - Pirate did not have anything to say in the initial contact screen (Blank box, with the clickable "There shall be peace in our times")

3) Swashbuckler's weapon is floating above the hands (not connected)

4) Pink boxes at the Europe screen where the ship pictures should have been

5) Colonists are still not able to join city after moving (have to wait to join at the beginning of the next turn)

Thank you for such wonderful mods..

Cheers!

Why economic win same for different game length?
On quick u need trade 40K goods and on mapaphon u need trade 40K goods for win.
I think its very strange, cuz in maraphon game u have 900 turns, same production and 3x ship capacity.
1 galleon can contain 6*300=1800 goods and u need only 20 full load galleon 2 win...

Im play today with 1.05 on caribbean map (maraphon) and loose at 1653 cuz AI win by Economic :)

Edit:
It seems you forgot to include the 2D ship icons for carack and fluyt. There are updated versions of them in the 4th release of Europe screen (patch folder).

GAH! I thought I had put them in, but just checked and they aren't there. :( You can tell I was only loading as pirates for this version eh? :p

But that is an easy fix right? Including the necessary pictures and what not.

So we could just re-upload the file and be A-OK?

Just bought Colonization and all these mods and 'fixes/patches' are really wonderful!! Thank you!

Was trying out the AOD 1.05, a few things to mention

1) Pirates are not able to discern the expertise of the Indian villages when talking to the Chief (Pirates are not able to learn skills from Indians?)

Indians won't train pirates. :)

2) First contact with a pirate civilization (playing as Portuguese) - Pirate did not have anything to say in the initial contact screen (Blank box, with the clickable "There shall be peace in our times")

I just need to add in diplomacy texts. A little oversight on my behalf sorry.

3) Swashbuckler's weapon is floating above the hands (not connected)

That's due to having to use the swordsman animation. Col2 doesn't work with the Civ4 spearman animation that the model I used uses. I'm hoping some unit model expert will fix that up. :)

4) Pink boxes at the Europe screen where the ship pictures should have been

Noted, my mistake.

5) Colonists are still not able to join city after moving (have to wait to join at the beginning of the next turn)

Citizens can join after moving, but military units cannot. BTW, I just tested and it's still working. :)

Thank you for such wonderful mods..

Cheers!

No problems. Thanks for playing it. :)

Multiplayer-able?

John

Yes, but note you may get OOS when someone uses the buy shortfall button as already noted in the version notes. :)

Why economic win same for different game length?
On quick u need trade 40K goods and on mapaphon u need trade 40K goods for win.
I think its very strange, cuz in maraphon game u have 900 turns, same production and 3x ship capacity.
1 galleon can contain 6*300=1800 goods and u need only 20 full load galleon 2 win...

Im play today with 1.05 on caribbean map (maraphon) and loose at 1653 cuz AI win by Economic :)

Thanks for pointing out. Seems I forgot to change the value for gamespeed. My mistake. :)

But that is an easy fix right? Including the necessary pictures and what not.

So we could just re-upload the file and be A-OK?

Just add the two files in this zip to /Mods/AgeOfDiscoveryII/Assets/Art/Interface/Screens/Europe/Ships/ and it's fixed. :)

Hi,

Great mod. Very interesting so far. That said, I've found a few very distracting graphical anomolies.

As portugal (I haven't played the other Europeans in your mod yet) my ships in Europe look fine while they're incoming or outgoing - but when they're docked, they're replaced by a giant pink square with cargo slots.

There's also some sort of artifact sticking out of the Pirate faction's Swashbuckler unit, which appears to be stuck to their arms. It looks very strange and is quite distracting. (Their Tortuga looks great, btw. Can we get a similar screen for Europe, instead of the old Col screen?)

Any work arounds?

-G

EDIT:

I saw how to fix my pink block problem above! :)

Top Bottom