Mod Browser Breaks Down

TheBrit

Chieftain
I have an issue with the mod browser...

When I first click on "Online" everything's fine... the list is full... but at this point, no matter what I click on, clears all the table columns and nothing comes back :(

I wanna try some of these mods that are already out :(

have the exact same problem.

Only way to get the list with mods back is to restart the game. But then when i go back into the mod browser the list will only stay there for 10-20 sec before it clears.

The navigation bar on the left side also clears.

no mods for meh? :(

Thank heavens :) I thought it was just me :) In which case I'd never get an answer :)

Out of curiosity - do you have steam on C: drive or another?

Mine is on the E: drive. I read on the official forum that installing steam on the C: drive fixes quite a few problems. The problem for me thou is that i can't do that - my C: drive is way to small.

My mod browser is always blank. I thought it was just because the SDK hasn't been released yet. I guess I have a problem also. Never have seen anything for even a second.

When I go to the mods screen to see what I can download, I can only see the available mods for a few seconds before the list disappears. The categories list disappear too. It will only appear again if I restart the game, but, again, for only a few seconds. It doesn't even give me a chance to download any. Suggestions?

you mean theres mods that came with the game?? Every time i looked it was empty so i assumed none came with the game

When I go to the mods screen to see what I can download, I can only see the available mods for a few seconds before the list disappears. The categories list disappear too. It will only appear again if I restart the game, but, again, for only a few seconds. It doesn't even give me a chance to download any. Suggestions?

Yea basically this.

One time i was quick enough to download something... anything. I just clicked my way through really fast. It did work and i could 'install it'. It was oceanic map type or something... no clue if it worked because ican't find that map type anywhere, but it shows as installed. Either way... annoys the shat out of me that the list goes blank every single time after a few seconds >:C

My mod browser is always blank. I thought it was just because the SDK hasn't been released yet. I guess I have a problem also. Never have seen anything for even a second.

you mean theres mods that came with the game?? Every time i looked it was empty so i assumed none came with the game

I feel stupid. :crazyeye: I revisited the mods menu and then realized there are "tabs" at the top. Clicking the middle tab brings up available mods. Am now using the clock mod, works great!

I feel stupid. :crazyeye: I revisited the mods menu and then realized there are "tabs" at the top. Clicking the middle tab brings up available mods. Am now using the clock mod, works great!

I wish that was my problem :) But I'm glad you found a solution! :D Go you! :D

I have Steam installed on a different drive entirely and since the .20 patch I've been able to run mods absolutely fine. So I'm not sure the problem is to do with that. Have you tried using Steam to validate your civ files are all ok?

I should add that the list disappears after a few seconds for me too. I never noticed this before. I thought I had to click on something first. I assumed this is because the list auto-refreshes or something every four seconds?

Same problem here.
After clicking "online" list of categories in left window shows, but clicking on category or trying to search do nothing or all categories just disapearing.
Never got any list of mods, just categories...sometimes.

Top Bottom